hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn’t the role of the fans rep to bridge the gap in communication between the board and the support? Kieran does an amazing job in comparison to the others that have promised and failed to deliver so it’s not a slight on him but the board hiding behind whatever the answers are to fans reps makes little sense.
    He’s the fans rep ON the board and as such is subject to the same constraints as other board members to discussing matters raised.It’s common sense that if the board talks about employees they are not then going to talk about it on a forum.As you say he does a really good job and clearly takes the concerns of some fans to board meetings.The board is not hiding behind him -he is one of them and I’m sure makes his points forcibly.That doesn’t mean there is going to be an answer.If it was decided that Hecky is going to get three more games would you expect to read that on here?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    KP you’ve told us what we already know but it would be more interesting to read what the Board’s responses were to the concerns rather than confirmation that you have raised them.

Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    And what was their response? what are we waiting on. Sorry but there is no answers to the questions you put forward to the board.
    Good questions. As noted by a few others, I would love to give answers and insight but I can’t. By working together ideally there would be no questions and answers needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Good questions. As noted by a few others, I would love to give answers and insight but I can’t. By working together ideally there would be no questions and answers needed.
    Not a slight on yourself but if that is the case then what is the point of the role if everyone else isn't going to get answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Not a slight on yourself but if that is the case then what is the point of the role if everyone else isn't going to get answers
    Surely he fills part of his remit by taking points raised by fans to these meetings. He can't answer some of them directly, that doesn't s mean they aren't being looked at or acted upon. Keep up the good work KP
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 01-11-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Appreciated and no-one expects 'secrets' to come out of the Boardroom but I personally don't see the issue with a response which is along the lines of either "No, there will be no further communication from the Board" or "Yes, we appreciate the concerns and will take steps to address it by doing X, Y and Z".

The Fans Rep gig cannot just be a one way street as it's pointless otherwise?

Left by mutual consent!
    No argument AH and thanks Kieran, get your sentiments.

Left by mutual consent!
    He will - and has - posted answers on general things about the club, turnstile issues etc etc. But when it's about the contract situation of a person (in this case the manager) he obviously cannot give these answers out publicly on a forum.

Thanks for the update KP, good job as always. Hard times right now like you say, but here's hoping we're celebrating something tomorrow!

Left by mutual consent!
    Appreciated and no-one expects 'secrets' to come out of the Boardroom but I personally don't see the issue with a response which is along the lines of either "No, there will be no further communication from the Board" or "Yes, we appreciate the concerns and will take steps to address it by doing X, Y and Z".

Aye, kind of where I was coming from.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't believe you're really that naive. There's onviously stuff discussed at board meetings that shouldn't be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    He will - and has - posted answers on general things about the club, turnstile issues etc etc. But when it's about the contract situation of a person (in this case the manager) he obviously cannot give these answers out publicly on a forum.

Thanks for the update KP, good job as always. Hard times right now like you say, but here's hoping we're celebrating something tomorrow!
    I don't think anyone expects the exact details but a simple line or two as such as Paul Smith said would go along way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I don't believe you're really that naive. There's onviously stuff discussed at board meetings that shouldn't be made public.
    Obviously not and I don't expect that to be the case but like PaulSmith said above would be perfectly acceptable.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Long standing issue about the roles.

Directors liabilities mean the man is doing a great job of striking a balance between what can and cannot be done or said in the role. It was always thus whether you're a director of BP, RBS or Hibs.

There's things you're not empowered to say. Fans on the board are doomed as fans want them to stray into areas they just can't because they are governed by laws that don't match the emotions that rightly are associated with a club like ours.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Long standing issue about the roles.

Directors liabilities mean the man is doing a great job of striking a balance between what can and cannot be done or said in the role. It was always thus whether you're a director of BP, RBS or Hibs.

There's things you're not empowered to say. Fans on the board are doomed as fans want them to stray into areas they just can't because they are governed by laws that don't match the emotions that rightly are associated with a club like ours.

Thing is whilst everybody understands that there are limitations on what he can report back, there is no feedback whatsoever. His update could have been written by any one of us on here, complete sham role.

@hibs.net private member
    One thing that really *issed me off
    Today was reading Budge’s statement to a hearts supporters meeting last night.

Said that LD and RG were at Tynecastle to view their class leading facilities and operation but because they were in full operation they couldn’t see them.

Kieran if Budge is using the co-operation between the clubs to belittle us, it would be nice for LD to put the record straight or end this cosy relationship if it means we are being used to stoke their ideas of grandeur.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Thing is whilst everybody understands that there are limitations on what he can report back, there is no feedback whatsoever. His update could have been written by any one of us on here, complete sham role.
    As long as the role exists I'd be happy for any of the critics to step up and show us how it should be done.

In my view it's only ever going to be a proper fans reps role if it's free from the directors obligations. KP has made the best fist of it I've seen so far.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Obviously not and I don't expect that to be the case but like PaulSmith said above would be perfectly acceptable.
    Fair to ask.

Positive actions/responses from the club (and collaboration between both the support and club to make everything we collectively want) would speak louder than any words to be honest.

More than confident the message is received.

That's harsh and unnecessary.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Fair to ask.

Positive actions/responses from the club (and collaboration between both the support and club to make everything we collectively want) would speak louder than any words to be honest.

More than confident the message is received.
    KP,

May I preface my comments by acknowledging and thanking you for your Hard work and your comms on this board. If only that board within ER could take a leaf out of your book.

With that said, if the board are simply entertaining fans reps to learn what the temperature is amongst the support and not be held answerable or accountable, they can just read .net, the bounce and social media.

What’s the need/point of any fans rep in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

Said that LD and RG were at Tynecastle to view their class leading facilities and operation but because they were in full operation they couldn’t see them.

Kieran if Budge is using the co-operation between the clubs to belittle us, it would be nice for LD to put the record straight or end this cosy relationship if it means we are being used to stoke their ideas of grandeur.
    What statement was that? She's got a big mouth has budge

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    KP,

May I preface my comments by acknowledging and thanking you for your Hard work and your comms on this board. If only that board within ER could take a leaf out of your book.

With that said, if the board are simply entertaining fans reps to learn what the temperature is amongst the support and not be held answerable or accountable, they can just read .net, the bounce and social media.

What’s the need/point of any fans rep in that situation?
    Fair point. The ability to verbalise what is visually seen can’t be underestimated. It does gives us, the support, a voice (two) to contribute valuable insight to help with decisions and strategy.

Certainly displays a lot of transparency from the club too (Ok I can’t feed back a lot of specifics but that’s the trust fans need to have in me that we (Hibs) are doing the right thing).

I’m going to defend KP here. His feedback to fans has been a million times better than the previous incumbent although I accept a low bar was set. Also it looks like he has represented the fans views to the board where as previously it felt like the views of the board were being represented back to us.
    We don’t need immediate answers anyway, we need action. We will see soon enough whether the rest of the board board are listening to him.
    I would say what has happened here is a perfect example of what we need from a fans rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point. The ability to verbalise what is visually seen can’t be underestimated. It does gives us, the support, a voice (two) to contribute valuable insight to help with decisions and strategy.

Certainly displays a lot of transparency from the club too (Ok I can’t feed back a lot of specifics but that’s the trust fans need to have in me that we (Hibs) are doing the right thing).
    Thank you for such a prompt reply KP.

What is ‘the right thing’?

With us being where we are now as a club, vague generalities and asking the fans to trust doesn’t cut the mustard when the board have previously suggested that they are mere stewards.

What is ‘the right thing’?

Why has doing the right thing and keeping quiet led us to the bottom of the table?

What is the owner’s Plan?

If that’s for the owner to outline, when is that scheduled to happen?

Because ultimately Hibs is neither the fans club nor the community’s club.

Hibs is now Ron Gordon’s club. We are Ron Gordon's customers. If Ron wants our money and faith on a recurring basis, he needs to start talking, wouldn’t you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’m going to defend KP here. His feedback to fans has been a million times better than the previous incumbent although I accept a low bar was set. Also it looks like he has represented the fans views to the board where as previously it felt like the views of the board were being represented back to us.
    We don’t need immediate answers anyway, we need action. We will see soon enough whether the rest of the board board are listening to him.
    I would say what has happened here is a perfect example of what we need from a fans rep.

I don’t think anyone would argue. Kieran’s comms are the best we’ve had from any fans rep.

We, the fans, are merely using the required channel to ask questions of a silent board given that the silence is increasingly being interpreted as contempt.
    Last edited by Speedway; 01-11-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    The only sham is the ****ing pish you have posted, the guy does his best in connecting fans with what is going on at the club, many on here respect his updates & many respect his hands are tied with regards what can be posted on forums, but you knew that already didn't you 👍

Next time why dont you put yer name forward 👍
    There are no updates, its just waffle. Ive already said its a waste of time, so why would I bother?

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Thanks for the regular updates KP, you have a difficult balancing act.

Away from discussions about the management team and the lack of footballing success when are we going to get an update an indoor pitch, NHS in the North Stand, the owners plans, the wonky scoreboard, the snooty updates from Budge about how she is helping our CEO out, the club’s view on the future relationship with HSL or any other improvements that don’t link to strict confidentiality.

None are more important than the team on the park but updates would be nice (no dig intended)

There are no updates, its just waffle. Ive already said its a waste of time, so why would I bother?
    You can obviously do better then, lets see you apply then go into that boardroom kicking ass👍

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

Is that not a bit like C&As shouting Marks and Spencer’s in for a look? I smell *****.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Is that not a bit like C&As shouting Marks and Spencer’s in for a look? I smell *****.
    C&A, Iggy? Been gone for almost 20 years or so

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    C&A, Iggy? Been gone for almost 20 years or so
    Not in Holland.