hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1055

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it also true that the ground sharing with Hearts was talked about. Seriously?
    Someone’s pulling yer leg on that one HC. This was an informal marketing fact-finding exercise using supporter insight without club representation at the meeting - no minutes or recording.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Someone’s pulling yer leg on that one HC. This was an informal marketing fact-finding exercise using supporter insight without club representation at the meeting - no minutes or recording.
    There was definitely a sound recording of the session I attended, the hosts requested this to assist with their notes.
    No talk about ground sharing with anyone. Mind you if there had been it would’ve made it more interesting.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

So can the session be published then for fan to digest? Will be interesting to hear their strategies.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

So can the session be published then for fan to digest? Will be interesting to hear their strategies.
    Not sure you’ve got a grasp on what these meetings comprised of, there were no exciting strategies discussed. The session I attended was more about the club and it’s raison d’etre. Listening to it from the outside would be extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Not sure you’ve got a grasp on what these meetings comprised of, there were no exciting strategies discussed. The session I attended was more about the club and it’s raison d’etre. Listening to it from the outside would be extremely boring.
    Was told about meeting, 2 PR guys, 1 English 1 American. Meeting was recorded in audio format.

American brought up the subject of groundsharing. Talked abouts clubs getting £30m from selling respective grounds, then a new stadium could be lit up in club colours, depending who was at home.

Strange for them to mention it, if it hadn't already been mooted internally?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Was told about meeting, 2 PR guys, 1 English 1 American. Meeting was recorded in audio format.

American brought up the subject of groundsharing. Talked abouts clubs getting £30m from selling respective grounds, then a new stadium could be lit up in club colours, depending who was at home.

First part sounds like the session I was at.

Second sentence, no. I’d probably have left. The discussion was all about heritage, inspiration, mindset, mission stating and some bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    First part sounds like the session I was at.

Second sentence, no. I’d probably have left. The discussion was all about heritage, inspiration, mindset, mission stating and some bollocks.
    some bollocks lol....

There was meant to be a 1.30 and a 3.30 meeting on same day.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

some bollocks lol....

There was meant to be a 1.30 and a 3.30 meeting on same day.
    There was. I was at 1.30.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Where did this come from?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Where did this come from?
    See post #966

PS
    If future groundsharing was a thought anywhere near Hibs table I seriously, seriously doubt it would have been on the agenda at these meetings or with the collective present. Not an earthly.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I’m told those running the session were happy with what supporters provided them on the day. This will help the commercial and marketing teams at the club.

On the clubs radar that one. Nothing immediate but certainly a future focus. Will share more when I can.

Agree about the poor process and seating frustration the SPFL have caused.

No knowledge if that’s the case LB but happy to pass on thoughts to the Operations team at the club
    Thanks for update KP. Glad to hear the disaster that is the FF is on the clubs radar, however disappointing that there will be nothing immediate. Feel myself getting more and more frustrated with it every week, particularly big games like Wednesday. It’s an absolute embarrassment on TV and is completely counter productive to what should be our ‘12th man’ at home as we shoot in to it second half every game. Im amazed Ron Gordon, with his background, doesn’t have it as his number one priority to fix. Forget big screens and letters on the seats, fix the FF. Its getting ridiculous now having it empty whilst our most vocal fans are stuck up in the gods against a wall out of everyone’s sight

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Thanks for update KP. Glad to hear the disaster that is the FF is on the clubs radar, however disappointing that there will be nothing immediate. Feel myself getting more and more frustrated with it every week, particularly big games like Wednesday. It’s an absolute embarrassment on TV and is completely counter productive to what should be our ‘12th man’ at home as we shoot in to it second half every game. Im amazed Ron Gordon, with his background, doesn’t have it as his number one priority to fix. Forget big screens and letters on the seats, fix the FF. Its getting ridiculous now having it empty whilst our most vocal fans are stuck up in the gods against a wall out of everyone’s sight
    How would you suggest the club fix the issues with the Famous Five lower ‘immediately’? There are hundreds of season ticket holders in there, whether they decide to bring their kids along to a Wednesday night game against Rangers or not is up to them. Impossible to do anything which involves seat moves until the end of the season/before the start of next.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    How would you suggest the club fix the issues with the Famous Five lower ‘immediately’? There are hundreds of season ticket holders in there, whether they decide to bring their kids along to a Wednesday night game against Rangers or not is up to them. Impossible to do anything which involves seat moves until the end of the season/before the start of next.
    Its not just midweek games though. Its barely half full at many Saturday games as well. Its a waste of a very good space. And I sit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Its not just midweek games though. Its barely half full at many Saturday games as well. Its a waste of a very good space. And I sit in there.
    I don’t disagree, but the club won’t be able to do anything until the end of the season. They can’t just turf out the season ticket holders with seats in the FF lower midway through the season.

Coaching Staff
    Hi

Thanks for all your updates.

I may have missed it but is there any date yet for the unveiling of the latest West Stand commemoration stones? I bought one earlier this year and was under the impression the unveiling would be before Christmas.

Hi KP,
    I have just had some dealings with the ticket office over the past couple of days and I cannot speak highly enough of the help and service provided, I will not go into the details but very understanding and helpful, please pass on my best wishes to all who are doing a grand job at the busiest time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Hi

Thanks for all your updates.

I may have missed it but is there any date yet for the unveiling of the latest West Stand commemoration stones? I bought one earlier this year and was under the impression the unveiling would be before Christmas.
    Let me find more out for you on that - I’ll pick up with the Commercial team. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Hi KP,
    I have just had some dealings with the ticket office over the past couple of days and I cannot speak highly enough of the help and service provided, I will not go into the details but very understanding and helpful, please pass on my best wishes to all who are doing a grand job at the busiest time of the year.

Great to hear. The small team are working extra hard and round the clock to get all those cup final tickets sorted for all Hibs fans.

I’ll get a chance to pass that on for you next week ✅

Keep doing what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Hi KP,

I will second that.

Coaching Staff
    Let me find more out for you on that - I’ll pick up with the Commercial team. Thanks for your patience.

Great to hear. The small team are working extra hard and round the clock to get all those cup final tickets sorted for all Hibs fans.

I’ll get a chance to pass that on for you next week ✅

Keep doing what you do.

Thanks, KP.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Is it also true that the ground sharing with Hearts was talked about. Seriously?

While not mentioned directly the question of playing home games at a different ground has been brought up in the survey sent out today so I'll ask again, was this brought at the meeting a few months ago?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

While not mentioned directly the question of playing home games at a different ground has been brought up in the survey sent out today so I'll ask again, was this brought at the meeting a few months ago?
    Answer above on that one HC - no.

Halfway point in the season and the big games are coming around quickly. After an extended break its great to get back into Hibs mode with two matches a week for a number of consecutive weeks (I'm glad some of these are Saturday 3pm fixtures, especially at home, a novelty these days). We now have a new management team settled in and lots of new exciting faces around the club. It's building nicely for a good second half of the season.

Under Maloney’s leadership, we can start to see signs of change, and we now have our newly recruited talent to add in to the mix. Shaun has spoken well and regularly about inspiring supporters and I'm looking forward to the connection he establishes between the club, the players and the fans. Get right behind the team, as you always do.

Our new 100-page quarterly magazine, HQ, is now available to purchase from the clubstore (online at Clubstore too). Price £5.
    The magazine will attempt to bring you closer to the club, our players, our staff, and aim to give you great insight into Hibernian FC. Find out about all of the content in the first edition and more for the upcoming editions.
    Supporters who purchased a subscription to the printed programmes this season, from Curtis Sport, please contact Adam Tomlinson, our Head of Communications, to receive the first one free of charge - atomlinson@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Last year we promised supporters who renewed their season ticket entry to competitions and more benefits for 2021/22, including exclusive events and discounts. Now that restrictions have lifted once again, look out for more details on season ticket holder specific events and the open day coming in the immediate weeks and months ahead.

One of the big events in the Hibernian Calendar is now confirmed, the Hibernian FC Player of the Year 2022 at the EICC on Sunday 15th May. A fantastic new venue for the first in person PotY since 2019. An end of season evening with Drinks, Dinner, Entertainment and all at Hibs in attendance, It's a night not to be missed. More details on this can be found here

The club is actively looking at more headline events that can be put on for supporters.
    The Hall of Fame event, inducting 6 club legends, on the 25th March at Easter Road is now sold out. There is still tickets remaining for Queen - We will rock you on the 19th May at Easter Road stadium. It's been a while since we had something of this nature making the most of our stunning stadium. More details here.

This month, we have partnered with the university of Edinburgh's Academy of Sport to find out more about what you want to get from your football club and how fans and communities can be supported better. The responses will help support all club projects and shape future thinking.
    The club would greatly appreciate if you could take the time to complete the Hibernian Football Club Fan Survey. The questions are quick to answer and the survey can be completed in about 15minutes. This is an opportunity to put your point across about many supporter touchpoints - tickets; pricing; stadium layout; atmosphere; communications and content; club merchandise; social issues; community involvement and more.

The survey can be completed here - 2022 Hibernian FC Fans Survey

I'm happy to take on any additional feedback that the survey doesn't cover (aware it's missing local buses in the transport section, my main mode of transport to Easter Road!) there is the opportunity within the form to add comments at the end too.
    I can confirm we are absolutely not moving from Easter Road - there is a number of similar questions to gage opinions on a number of supporter passions - the Club, the stadium, Leith, Edinburgh and the wider community (most of these topics have featured in season ticket campaigns over the years) and it will be interesting to see how they compare in the independent survey results.

Always available if you need me for anything kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk. Wishing you the best for 2022.

_____

There is a number of supporter touchpoints I would like to bring to your attention.

A Goodbye from Martin

Martin Boyle reserved a heartfelt goodbye to everyone involved with Hibernian FC.

A Goodbye From Martin Boyle - Hibernian FC article
    Thank you, Boyler - Hibernian FC article
    ___

Hibs Kids

Our match on Saturday 29th January against Livingston will see a great sight - all our Hibs Kids at Easter Road for the first time in 2022. We’re looking forward to seeing all our young fans again. Tickets will be allocated in the Famous Five lower stand, Hibs Kids members can claim their free matchday ticket online or via the ticket office. Next fixture thereafter is Saturday 5th March v St.Johnstone (final one of the season).
    ___

COVID-19 Information

Due to a change in legislation, Covid-19 certification checks will only be in place at venues with over 10,000 in attendance.
    Recommendation to all fans is to take a lateral flow test before travelling to the match, please wear a face covering within the concourse/enclosed areas.
    ___

Hibernian Community Foundation Christmas Appeal 2021

Thank you for your support this festive period!

Hibernian Community Foundation CEO, Lewis Melee reflected on a successful 2021 Christmas Appeal.

"I want to start by saying a huge thank you to everybody who volunteered, donated and supported us throughout this appeal.

Together we raised over £4,000 through our bucket collection here at Easter Road or through donations online and our raffle. Your help allowed us to access food resources but also support people on Christmas Day in our community and across Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Together we served out over 200 hampers which contained meals and vital resources for families in need and also on Christmas Day allowed us to deliver over 80 hot meals in partnership with Hibernian Football Club to nominees across the city. These families and individuals within the community were nominated to us by a number of charities and I’m pleased to say these are partners that we will continue to work with in 2022.

The success of the Christmas Appeal 2021 would not have been possible without the help of our volunteers. Those who helped on Christmas Day with delivering meals and preparing food, volunteers who helped us deliver hampers across our community and volunteers who helped us collect food and kind donations on game days here at Easter Road Stadium."

Recap – Christmas Appeal 2021 | Hibernian Community Foundation

Five Substitution Rule Returns To cinch Premiership

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) have announced that cinch Premiership clubs have voted to increase to five the number of substitutes allowed in league matches for the remainder of the season.

The decision was approved after it was supported by 75% of cinch Premiership clubs. It will also allow clubs to name a bench of up to nine players.

The move will support player welfare and assist with the congested fixture schedule given the possibility of postponements due to weather conditions or Covid-19.

The new rule will be in place for the remainder of the cinch Premiership season 2021/22.
    ___

Arbroath vs Hibs to be televised on BBC

Our Scottish Cup Fifth Round tie with Arbroath will be televised live on BBC One Scotland on Sunday 13th February 2022, 12:30pm Kick Off.
    ___

Ticket Office Open for business

The Hibernian Ticket Office has been open since the 10th January and the team have been working as hard as ever for supporters.

The front door of the ticket office is open. Two supporters are allowed there at one time and face coverings must be worn.

Ticket Office Opening Hours

Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm
    Matchday Saturdays: 10am – half-time Non-matchday Saturday/Sundays: CLOSED

___

HIBERNIAN CHARITY BALL 2022

Join former Hibernian captains Pat Stanton and Rob Jones to celebrate the fantastic work of the Hibernian Community Foundation at the second Gala Ball on Friday 18th March, 2022.

An opportunity to ask Rob and Pat anything followed by an evening of glamour, great company, incredible food, drinks, and astounding entertainment.

This will be a fantastic evening and the Hibernian Family are invited to get together in style with friends, family, and business associates in this black tie event which will raise funds to support the Foundation’s important work in disadvantaged communities across Edinburgh and the Lothians. More details
    ___

Welcome to Elias, Harry, Rocky, Ewan and Demetri. Best wishes to Jamie, Melker and Martin.

Keep doing what you do.

If you need me to help with anything, please just shout.

KP

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Just relocate them to the Upper Tier comfy seats as a bonus which is a better seat and view and get the general feedback. I don’t see what the big inconvenience could be. The lower tier ticket holders would probably enjoy the game more.

I seen the stadium tours are back on the 11th of Feb is this the only date the club are doing these?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I seen the stadium tours are back on the 11th of Feb is this the only date the club are doing these?
    They are running monthly

✳️ I’ve posted a monthly Hibernian supporter update for February onto the club website and it can be accessed from 👉 https://tinyurl.com/yejwx8zm

I'll drop the text into this thread too.

Always available if you need me for anything kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    ✳️ I’ve posted a monthly Hibernian supporter update for February onto the club website and it can be accessed from 👉 https://tinyurl.com/yejwx8zm

I'll drop the text into this thread too.

Always available if you need me for anything kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Is it true Dundee aren't selling tickets at ground tomorrow?

Hope your 2022 has started well and you're as well as can be. March already (!) and we're approaching the business end of the season. The next fortnight will give us the answer on which direction our season is going to end and I’m confident of it being a good one. Back the team and all players to set up a good finale.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had a campaign where we’ve been hampered with so many injuries and players out. No excuses there though, we’ll find a way to achieve our aspirations.

Thanks to everyone that got in touch in February.

Always available if you need me for anything, kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk.

___

Lots going on this month

We’ve heard from Ben Kensell talk openly about an eventful 6 months in his latest update - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ll-want-to-win - topics covering Jack Ross exit, hiring Shaun Maloney, Sale of Martin Boyle, update on Development team, our end of season aspirations and sit-down talks with SPFL and Head of refereeing about inconsistencies.

___

We announced a couple of weeks back that Season Ticket Prices have been frozen for the 2022/23 campaign at Early Bird prices. There will be no price increase after the ‘Early Bird’ deadline. Supporters will receive other incentives for renewing early, which will be revealed soon along with finance option details. We’d like to thank supporters for the magnificent support they’ve shown the club over the last couple of seasons.

___

The club launched our Football for a Fiver initiative on the 17th of February

Ben Kensell - “Football is all about the fans, and the support we have received this season has been phenomenal. Being a football fan isn’t cheap, and Covid has made it even harder for everyone, but it’s clear to see the vital role that you all play. “As we come to an important part of the season, we want to make Easter Road a fortress and have as many supporters getting behind Shaun Maloney’s side as possible. Through ‘Football For A Fiver’, we have made the game affordable for everyone and hopefully we will sell out Easter Road once again. “The stadium was bouncing for the Edinburgh Derby, and it made it a really special occasion. I hope we can create that kind of atmosphere again. “It’s also fantastic that the match is against St Johnstone as they look after our fans well when we travel to Perth and offer the cheapest away day ticket for our supporters.”

We were completely blown away by the immediate reaction and generosity of Hibs fans wanting to support a ticket donation for those less fortunate. We quickly made a donation process a reality for fans within 12 hours of that launch (big thanks to the Commercial and Ticket Office making that happen). The total tickets donated passed the 400 marker for the game against St.Johnstone on Saturday 5th March. Phenomenal effort from our support.

This Initiative closed at 10am Monday 28th February, and will allow Hibernian Community Foundation and myself time to distribute to the right people before next Saturday (local schools, social inclusion groups, community education classes and refugees (thanks to Robbie Wood at Street Soccer Scotland Edinburgh & Leith for supporting the HCF and myself get these tickets out).

___

AGM

Hibernian FC would like to invite shareholders to the club’s AGM for the financial year ended 2 July 2019. The meeting will be held in the West Stand, Easter Road Stadium, at 6pm on Thursday 3rd March.

___

Retro strips

Early February, we unveiled a reproduction of the club’s 1985-86 kit in conjunction with fan culture merchandisers, The Terrace. This is the first in a series of retro shirts to arrive at the clubstore. More details.

___

HQ Subscription available

Our new 100-page quarterly magazine, HQ, is now available to purchase as a subscription (launched 25th February) in addition to online, club store, ticket office and matchday sales. The subscription service will allow Hibs fans from across the world to get each edition of the magazine delivered straight to their doorstep The subscription package will include 4 editions of HQ magazine, the next of which will be published in April - more details here

___

Season Ticket Benefits

Last year we promised supporters who renewed their season ticket entry to competitions and more benefits for 2021/22, including exclusive events and discounts. We’ve been busy sending out monthly prize draw gifts to season ticket holders and recently held our first event - a Q&A with our new siginings. Rocky Bushiri, Ewan Henderson and Demi Mitchell met supporters at a special Season Ticket Holder event at Easter Road on the 22nd of the month. Look out for more season ticket only events coming in March, April and May.
    Last edited by Power; 03-03-2022 at 01:08 PM.