hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

SLO update

It’s been a month since the Hibs supporters representative result and I just wanted to give you a quickfire update of what I’ve been up to.

I haven’t attended any board meetings as of yet (there’s lots going on at the club at the moment as we approach season end and summer activity ramping up).

I’ve met new faces and people within the support over the last 5 games - in and out of the ground - it’s going to be a barry test of my memory skills.

Inside the club, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting lots of good, hardworking individuals - bottom to top - people that juggle a number of priorities to make sure Hibernian is the best experience for us all. It’s an infectious work ethic - I keep reminding those I speak to tae shout if they need any support.

I’ve sent an email out to all the HSA branches to begin the working partnership that I’ve also began on social media. If you are a secretary or chair of a group that hasn’t heard from me do get in touch. Club email is now up and running should ANYONE need it - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’m still available through the channels people have used already - forums, social media and direct messages. I’ve been able to help around 20 supporters so far on a number of points (ticket solutions, finance alternatives, disabled access queries, away match escalations and more). It’s great to help on those matters and I’m looking forward to finding out about the higher level improvement suggestions and commonalities before passing them on to the club.

I was very fortunate to receive an invite to attend the Hibs Player of the Year event at the Corn Exchange on Sunday. Top night and well organised. I’ve made a donation of £99 to the fantastic https://leithlinks4kids.com/ initiative to cover the cost of the ticket given to me. Leith Links was set up in June 2013 with the aim of helping children AND supporting Hibs, by collecting donations so additional Kicks for Kids season tickets could be purchased.

I attended my first Working Together group two days ago. I was keen to listen to the experience and knowledge in attendance. I won’t take the shine away from the forthcoming minutes but it was great to hear about our season ticket numbers, stadium concourse & Behind the Goals improvement ideas and our enhanced Digital communications. Next Meeting is Monday May 27th 6:30pm at the stadium, which I’ll chair.

Once I get more involved I’ll keep the updates coming.

Gies’ a shout any time I can help. Hibs related or not.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 27-09-2021 at 10:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for the update keep up the good work.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hi Kieran. Congrats on the new position. At the end of last week it was mentioned that fans who could not get the instalment plan sorted through V12 would be contacted about alternative arrangements, do you know when this is likely to happen?

Appreciate the update. Look forward to this being a regular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Kieran. Congrats on the new position. At the end of last week it was mentioned that fans who could not get the instalment plan sorted through V12 would be contacted about alternative arrangements, do you know when this is likely to happen?
    Good question, the club have a list and there’s nothing further for people to do other than wait for the ticket office to contact. Initial hope was within the next fortnight.

@hibs.net private member
    Good update mate. Keep them coming.

Thank you for your generous donation, KP 👍 Hibs class 💚

Left by mutual consent!
    Good man Kieran. 👍

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thanks for the update!

Any plans to meet with the singing section on possible relocation?

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Good question, the club have a list and there’s nothing further for people to do other than wait for the ticket office to contact. Initial hope was within the next fortnight.
    Got an email through from the club today. Suggesting something will be in place within 5-10 days.

Not sure if anyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Any plans to meet with the singing section on possible relocation?
    I ken a few in that group, I’ll be meeting most groups over the next two years. Relationships between the signing section and the club are well established (it looks to me), absolutely would help both sides.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Cheers KP.

Thanks for the post. I'm pleased that it seems to be all positive for you so far.

Good update KP.

It’s been a month since the Hibs supporters representative result and I just wanted to give you a quickfire update of what I’ve been up to.

I haven’t attended any board meetings as of yet (there’s lots going on at the club at the moment as we approach season end and summer activity ramping up).

I’ve met new faces and people within the support over the last 5 games - in and out of the ground - it’s going to be a barry test of my memory skills.

Inside the club, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting lots of good, hardworking individuals - bottom to top - people that juggle a number of priorities to make sure Hibernian is the best experience for us all. It’s an infectious work ethic - I keep reminding those I speak to tae shout if they need any support.

I’ve sent an email out to all the HSA branches to begin the working partnership that I’ve also began on social media. If you are a secretary or chair of a group that hasn’t heard from me do get in touch. Club email is now up and running should ANYONE need it - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’m still available through the channels people have used already - forums, social media and direct messages. I’ve been able to help around 20 supporters so far on a number of points (ticket solutions, finance alternatives, disabled access queries, away match escalations and more). It’s great to help on those matters and I’m looking forward to finding out about the higher level improvement suggestions and commonalities before passing them on to the club.

I was very fortunate to receive an invite to attend the Hibs Player of the Year event at the Corn Exchange on Sunday. Top night and well organised. I’ve made a donation of £99 to the fantastic https://leithlinks4kids.com/ initiative to cover the cost of the ticket given to me. Leith Links was set up in June 2013 with the aim of helping children AND supporting Hibs, by collecting donations so additional Kicks for Kids season tickets could be purchased.

I attended my first Working Together group two days ago. I was keen to listen to the experience and knowledge in attendance. I won’t take the shine away from the forthcoming minutes but it was great to hear about our season ticket numbers, stadium concourse & Behind the Goals improvement ideas and our enhanced Digital communications. Next Meeting is Monday May 27th 6:30pm at the stadium, which I’ll chair.

Once I get more involved I’ll keep the updates coming.

Gies’ a shout any time I can help. Hibs related or not.

KP
    Nice one Kieran

Another quickfire update of what I’ve been up to since my last update post on the 1st of May.

May has been a quiet month despite having three league games (feels like an age ago already that those were played).

Only thing to note from those fixtures - Myself and Tracey met with Hibs to ensure the right level of security was in place for us visiting Ibrox on Sunday 5th May (Hibs would then meet counterparts and other parties ahead of the game). The ‘Hibs only’ zone between the car park and the away turnstiles (entering from Broomloan Road on foot) worked ok the last time – it was fed back we would want access to the toilets at full time, car park checks and the desire not to spend as long in the car park as our previous visit in December. Both our visits had Celtic visiting Ibrox soon after, so it will be interesting to see if this continues next season.

I’m now familiar with most people in the club and I can now fully support any urgent escalations confidently. Definitely here to flag positives, improvements and objective criticisms from valuable supporter insights in the June board meeting and beyond.

There has been a number of quick wins over the last month, the fans and club have been great finding solutions. Commonalities flagged from a selection of supporters (not on behalf of all); HSL needing more official club endorsement, Focus on Unacceptable conduct from visiting supporters to Easter Road, Matchday Experience improvements (Atmosphere, PA System, Catering, Seating, Stadium refresh), supporting fans with seat moves and supporting fans with season ticket purchase. The club is aware of all of these.

No Working Together Meeting this month – end of season and staff holidays kicking in. Those that do attend will be aware of the small changes the club is trying to make over the summer (paint, signage, smarten-up and refresh) to make the matchday experience better for those that call Easter Road their home – I’ll not steal the clubs communication thunder but there is some great ideas floating about on instant fixes for the look and feel of the place. More to come.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...See-Most-At-ER - This was an interesting thread here - none of these suggestions would be a surprise to the club - some of the suggestions are definitely on the clubs improvement list medium to long term as budget allows.

Some fantastic work by Hibs to get a 4 month payment plan option, interest free, with V12 out today - caught me by surprise - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9997 - this wasn't looking like an option this year with V12 - as far as I was aware earlier in the week - so the club have pulled out all the stops to get this over the line for us.

Had the great pleasure of attending The Changing Room on Monday 27th May at Easter Road stadium. This initiative is run by Scottish Association for Mental Health and backed by the club. It was a great session and one I took a lot from personally – I’ve had my troubles in the past. Really good to connect with other Hibs fans in our environment talking about mental health, techniques and supporting one another. Fans are free to come in on drop-in sessions they run and there is a 12 week course they run too – www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9981

Mental Health Awareness is something I’m passionate about, if I can help any one at any time just message. My focus for the next couple of weeks (outside work and Hibs) is to condition myself to cycle round Arthur Seat for 24hours starting on June 22nd to help continue raising awareness of the importance of good mental health – bit more detail here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kp24hours any Hibs fan with a bike fancy joining for a bit? Ken where I’ll be.

I’ve made a donation of £35 this month to Street Soccer Scotland for an event I attended on behalf of the club. Street Soccer Scotland welcome people from a variety of socially disadvantaged backgrounds, the aim is to create purpose, hope and relationships using football to support people on their journey to security and happiness. more can be found here https://streetsoccerscotland.org/

I’m available here (tag, PM), social media, face to face and direct messages. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 30-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Kieran, much appreciated!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Appreciate the update and keeping us informed in this manner.

First Team Breakthrough
    Another quickfire update of what I’ve been up to since my last update post on the 1st of May.

May has been a quiet month despite having three league games (feels like an age ago already that those were played).

Only thing to note from those fixtures - Myself and Tracey met with Hibs to ensure the right level of security was in place for us visiting Ibrox on Sunday 5th May (Hibs would then meet counterparts and other parties ahead of the game). The ‘Hibs only’ zone between the car park and the away turnstiles (entering from Broomloan Road on foot) worked ok the last time – it was fed back we would want access to the toilets at full time, car park checks and the desire not to spend as long in the car park as our previous visit in December. Both our visits had Celtic visiting Ibrox soon after, so it will be interesting to see if this continues next season.

I’m now familiar with most people in the club and I can now fully support any urgent escalations confidently. Definitely here to flag positives, improvements and objective criticisms from valuable supporter insights in the June board meeting and beyond.

There has been a number of quick wins over the last month, the fans and club have been great finding solutions. Commonalities flagged from a selection of supporters (not on behalf of all); HSL needing more official club endorsement, Focus on Unacceptable conduct from visiting supporters to Easter Road, Matchday Experience improvements (Atmosphere, PA System, Catering, Seating, Stadium refresh), supporting fans with seat moves and supporting fans with season ticket purchase. The club is aware of all of these.

No Working Together Meeting this month – end of season and staff holidays kicking in. Those that do attend will be aware of the small changes the club is trying to make over the summer (paint, signage, smarten-up and refresh) to make the matchday experience better for those that call Easter Road their home – I’ll not steal the clubs communication thunder but there is some great ideas floating about on instant fixes for the look and feel of the place. More to come.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...See-Most-At-ER - This was an interesting thread here - none of these suggestions would be a surprise to the club - some of the suggestions are definitely on the clubs improvement list medium to long term as budget allows.

Some fantastic work by Hibs to get a 4 month payment plan option, interest free, with V12 out today - caught me by surprise - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9997 - this wasn't looking like an option this year with V12 - as far as I was aware earlier in the week - so the club have pulled out all the stops to get this over the line for us.

Had the great pleasure of attending The Changing Room on Monday 27th May at Easter Road stadium. This initiative is run by Scottish Association for Mental Health and backed by the club. It was a great session and one I took a lot from personally – I’ve had my troubles in the past. Really good to connect with other Hibs fans in our environment talking about mental health, techniques and supporting one another. Fans are free to come in on drop-in sessions they run and there is a 12 week course they run too – www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9981

Mental Health Awareness is something I’m passionate about, if I can help any one at any time just message. My focus for the next couple of weeks (outside work and Hibs) is to condition myself to cycle round Arthur Seat for 24hours starting on June 22nd to help continue raising awareness of the importance of good mental health – bit more detail here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kp24hours any Hibs fan with a bike fancy joining for a bit? Ken where I’ll be.

I’ve made a donation of £35 this month to Street Soccer Scotland for an event I attended on behalf of the club. Street Soccer Scotland welcome people from a variety of socially disadvantaged backgrounds, the aim is to create purpose, hope and relationships using football to support people on their journey to security and happiness. more can be found here https://streetsoccerscotland.org/

I’m available here (tag, PM), social media, face to face and direct messages. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Great update KP. Really enjoyed working with you over the past month or so and great to get a different perspective on things.

Cheers

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Well played on the update KP. Thanks mate

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Thanks for posting an update, mate, and it seems you're enjoying the role, which is great. Well done on that donation too.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Well done bud, you have already worked miracles, Andy G has a season ticket for next year now!

Thanks for the detailed update KP, I’d also like to add, I really like that you add in some of your personal thoughts and experiences too, it makes what you have to say much more interesting, valuable, and human, than just a list of things you have to share.

great work

Blog Entries
    Cheers,enjoy your updates.

KP
    Great update mate and good to see you at the Changing Room on Monday 👍

Neil

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed. Continue like that and I'm sure you'll change a few doubters opinion on the worth of having fans' reps.

Why did hibs not release the four month payment plan option at the start?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Well done bud, you have already worked miracles, Andy G has a season ticket for next year now!
    He was nursing it anyway 😉

KP keep delivering mate it’s why you got voted. What a breath of fresh air. Tracey you do fantastic work too mate. All for nothing but the love of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Why did hibs not release the four month payment plan option at the start?
    In short N - it wasnae an option available.

Each club is different - some have the 4 month option now (with interest passed on) and some have no finance alternative whatsoever. Really is a good news story.

Those on the V12 11 month option can make additional repayments to bring the term down using the portal or over the phone - https://selfservice.v12finance.com/register

Thought we were getting a different variety of nuts.