hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 208

Thread: Orange March

  1. #151
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,315
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well done glesca for at least a temporary ban on these marches
    Aye, blooming snp stopping folks having fun.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #152
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,957
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well done glesca for at least a temporary ban on these marches
    Is that all marches: Republican, Loyalist, Orange etc?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  4. #153
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that all marches: Republican, Loyalist, Orange etc?

    five(or is it six) were planned for this weekend, 14 are planned for the rest of this month alone



    the grand knobber of the orange order in scotland blames 'the nationalist council' for not allowing his bigoted sectarian s*umbags to march, he's just not getting it, indeed he is "Bewildered"


    he likes to use the word 'Democracy' though....his and his followers type of selective 'Democracy'
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.

  5. #154
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,957
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    five(or is it six) were planned for this weekend, 14 are planned for the rest of this month alone



    the grand knobber of the orange order in scotland blames 'the nationalist council' for not allowing his bigoted sectarian s*umbags to march, he's just not getting it, indeed he is "Bewildered"


    he likes to use the word 'Democracy' though....his and his followers type of selective 'Democracy'
    If they are going to ban all marches connected to Irish politics, it has to involve those which celebrate an Irish battle in 1690. Anything else is a partial ban and will create accusations of unfairness. There is a civil liberties issue about banning marches; perhaps it will end up in the courts?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  6. #155
    Orange Order are protesting the morn outside the empty glasgow city chambers. Protesting being banned from marching because they protested others from marching

  7. #156
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Orange Order are protesting the morn outside the empty glasgow city chambers. Protesting being banned from marching because they protested others from marching
    No point being a Protestant if you're never going to protest.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  8. #157
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,095
    Going on a march, whatever your message, occasionally - fine.

    Going on multiple marches everywhere in the country, every year, deliberately through neighbourhoods and past places of worship of the type of Christianity you hate to be deliberately inflammatory - taking the ****ing piss. Give them ONE march, in Glasgow, in a ****ing park somewhere. Not through residential streets everywhere in the central belt whether the local population like it or not.

    Myself and my partner are getting to the point where we're looking for property and having grown up in the north east I never witnessed any of this **** until I moved down here. We're now specifically looking for towns/villages that DON'T have one/five million of these marches every summer because my children will NOT grow up with this pish.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 13-09-2019 at 02:40 PM.

  9. #158
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,195
    Protestants against discrimination.

    Oh the ****ing irony.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/spad2018/...89486026825734

  10. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Protestants against discrimination.

    Oh the ****ing irony.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/spad2018/...89486026825734
    'And he was satisfactory with our protest'.

    No further words needed from me.

  11. #160
    First Team Regular Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Protestants against discrimination.

    Oh the ****ing irony.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/spad2018/...89486026825734
    Wait a minute. Are they saying they held a meeting and that broke up just as the Repubimarch started, and they found themselves having to walk beside it to get home?

    That's far from satisfied.

  12. #161
    They used to have one that went up Clerk St near where I stayed. This half-wit hit me (9) with a stick as I ran across the road. Had to ask my dad what it was all about. ‘ Bad people son. Probably saw ur Hibs top’.

  13. #162
    Veni, Vidi, Posti degenerated's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At a post-punk postcard fair
    Age
    48
    Posts
    9,969
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: dave7062
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Protestants against discrimination.

    Oh the ****ing irony.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/spad2018/...89486026825734
    Have you seen the nick of them. They look nothing like the folk I see on their way to church of a sunday.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  14. #163
    Was it that mob or another group of fandans who put out the statement that mentioned 'Protestant atheists'?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  15. #164
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,615
    Meanwhile, the "real" protestants in the church of Scotland come out in support of the ban.

    Well done to them.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  16. #165
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They used to have one that went up Clerk St near where I stayed. This half-wit hit me (9) with a stick as I ran across the road. Had to ask my dad what it was all about. ‘ Bad people son. Probably saw ur Hibs top’.
    Every year we get them walking across the top of our street in Musselburgh. The route is down Newbigging passing the Catholic church on the way - just by chance of course. I think they then head into Edinburgh for a swally, before reconvening their walk along Newbigging later in the day, just in time to to concide with Saturday evening Mass - a golden opportunity to intimidate the people they hate.

    ****bags of the highest order although the good news is that their numbers are dwindling by the year.

  17. #166
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,461
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen the nick of them. They look nothing like the folk I see on their way to church of a sunday.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Oxymorons, everyone of them.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  18. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Protestants against discrimination.

    Oh the ****ing irony.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/spad2018/...89486026825734
    They no fine well what they're doing, pricks. Neanderthal pricks.

    Boils my pish.

  19. #168
    First Team Regular Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every year we get them walking across the top of our street in Musselburgh. The route is down Newbigging passing the Catholic church on the way - just by chance of course. I think they then head into Edinburgh for a swally, before reconvening their walk along Newbigging later in the day, just in time to to concide with Saturday evening Mass - a golden opportunity to intimidate the people they hate.

    ****bags of the highest order although the good news is that their numbers are dwindling by the year.
    That's nothing, have you seen what happens if you misbehave in that church?

    Theres a guy nailed to a cross outside. No wonder the Orangemen are frightened to walk past it.

    Who runs that outfit, Arthur Thomson?

  20. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, the "real" protestants in the church of Scotland come out in support of the ban.

    Well done to them.
    I wouldn't have expected anything else.

    I'm not sure if irony is the right word but I certainly find it interesting that in my lifetime my experience of the active Christian community in Scotland, certainly among the mainstream denominations, is one of dialogue, cooperation and respect with and towards each other.

    I'm not entirely sure where these bams parading about the streets fit in but they are anything but reflective of the Protestants (or rather fellow Christians) that I know.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #170
    Testimonial Due ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't have expected anything else.

    I'm not sure if irony is the right word but I certainly find it interesting that in my lifetime my experience of the active Christian community in Scotland, certainly among the mainstream denominations, is one of dialogue, cooperation and respect with and towards each other.

    I'm not entirely sure where these bams parading about the streets fit in but they are anything but reflective of the Protestants (or rather fellow Christians) that I know.
    100% spot on PB. That's my experience as well, from the so called "other" side.

  22. #171
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was it that mob or another group of fandans who put out the statement that mentioned 'Protestant atheists'?
    Some of the bigots call themselves 'cultural Protestants', meaning they in no way practice Christianity, never set foot in a kirk nor pick up a Bible; however, they love a sash bash, follow the Orange walks and hate Catholics. They try to intellectualise their bigotry by describing Scotland as a country of Protestant values which must be defended, though they never define exactly what that means. Call me a cynic, but I would say the bams with the banner fall into that category. As you say, such types do not represent most Protestants, certainly not the regular churchgoers. The bigots merely hide behind the word Protestant, when they are really just anti-Catholic, the two being very different.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  23. #172
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's nothing, have you seen what happens if you misbehave in that church?

    Theres a guy nailed to a cross outside. No wonder the Orangemen are frightened to walk past it.

    Who runs that outfit, Arthur Thomson?

  24. #173
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    308
    Sevco fans for independence ?


  25. #174
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sevco fans for independence ?

    What a disgusting bunch of people. I am very proud to say that I am pretty much diametrically opposed to everything they stand for. Still doesn't make me want to march about dressed up like a toy soldier playing a tin whistle though. What sad sad lives these people have

  26. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sevco fans for independence ?

    'What dae we wan?'
    'Oor kulchur'
    'When dae we wan it?'
    'Roon aboot 1690'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  27. #176
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,895
    screenshot.3152.jpg


    Lambeg Mode

  28. #177
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    3,026

  29. #178
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's where to start. Tell them they can't march, then uphold the law if there is any violence or disorder that follows.

  30. #179
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where this is heading is a ban on Republican marches and the go ahead for loyalist marches. Not through any bias by Glasgow council I might add, but due threats of violence and intimidation by the loyalists if they don't get their way.

    No surprise there then.

  31. #180
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,895

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved