hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs Mirror

Hibs Mirror

I have a few Hibs things that I have acquired over the years and two of which I have never come across with anyone else though both pieces must have "brothers" somewhere so I just wondered if there are any owners on here?

One is a rather large pub style mirror with the "greatest game in history" on it with the old crest date and the entire team embossed in a gold leaf like material . It says on it that's it is number 50 of 250 made but like I say I have never heard of another.
    The other thing is a bit special to me as it is an original Hibernian watch given to me by my granddad who was a manager at Timex in Dundee when they actually made watches. It has the original club crest on the face and is gold with a black leather strap. I have never worn it but its a "real" wind up piece. It's probably got a crappy movement in it but its 40 years old this Christmas coming so its getting on a bit -like myself. Has anyone else seen one of these?

I have a few framed tops including a signed Russel Latapy one (Trinidad and Tobago) a framed worn John Collins Frank Graham Group one and I still have the top I wore to the Skoll cup final which was the away top with no sponsor. I also have a framed George Best NI top which has an absolutely bizarre back story but really my best thing is the mirror Its the only thing on display.
    I pass it every day in the hall. I bought it on Gumtree by total fluke and paid ..........£30!

I would love to hear if anyone else had one or a watch??

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough EastThomasSTboy's Avatar

One of 250.

Hello Hector.

Your splendid mirror is one of 250 made and numbered by my pal in Glasgow.(From my design).
    I still have the original prototype mirror, which is a one-off, and is slightly different from the other 250 (Plus it is not numbered).
    They were made for and distributed by a Mr. P. Kane
    I was well chuffed with them at the time, So, much so, that i made a similar one for our 2016 SC Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Mudflap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a few Hibs things that I have acquired over the years and two of which I have never come across with anyone else though both pieces must have "brothers" somewhere so I just wondered if there are any owners on here?

One is a rather large pub style mirror with the "greatest game in history" on it with the old crest date and the entire team embossed in a gold leaf like material . It says on it that's it is number 50 of 250 made but like I say I have never heard of another.
    The other thing is a bit special to me as it is an original Hibernian watch given to me by my granddad who was a manager at Timex in Dundee when they actually made watches. It has the original club crest on the face and is gold with a black leather strap. I have never worn it but its a "real" wind up piece. It's probably got a crappy movement in it but its 40 years old this Christmas coming so its getting on a bit -like myself. Has anyone else seen one of these?

I have a few framed tops including a signed Russel Latapy one (Trinidad and Tobago) a framed worn John Collins Frank Graham Group one and I still have the top I wore to the Skoll cup final which was the away top with no sponsor. I also have a framed George Best NI top which has an absolutely bizarre back story but really my best thing is the mirror Its the only thing on display.
    I pass it every day in the hall. I bought it on Gumtree by total fluke and paid ..........£30!

I would love to hear if anyone else had one or a watch??

mirror

Quote Originally Posted by EastThomasSTboy View Post
    Hello Hector.

Your splendid mirror is one of 250 made and numbered by my pal in Glasgow.(From my design).
    I still have the original prototype mirror, which is a one-off, and is slightly different from the other 250 (Plus it is not numbered).
    They were made for and distributed by a Mr. P. Kane
    I was well chuffed with them at the time, So, much so, that i made a similar one for our 2016 SC Win.
    That is fantastic! Whats odd though was the guy selling had a very similar one in Hearts colours though I can't for the life of me remember what it said on it. Did you design a Hearts one???

You have also got me with THE SCOTTISH CUP one...... is there any of them on the go? I feel I should have the pair!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Mudflap View Post
    That is fantastic! Whats odd though was the guy selling had a very similar one in Hearts colours though I can't for the life of me remember what it said on it. Did you design a Hearts one???

You have also got me with THE SCOTTISH CUP one...... is there any of them on the go? I feel I should have the pair!
    Superb!

expect a call.

This I have to see!!

I want to hear more about the interesting tale behind the George Best top! You've got me intrigued now and can't beat a good old Bestie story!

I want to hear more about the interesting tale behind the George Best top! You've got me intrigued now and can't beat a good old Bestie story!