hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Of it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Id play Gauld/Marv instead of Mallan but in Heck we trust..
    Why?? Mallan has been excellent under Hecky and Gauld has done nothing of note prior to his injury...and I dont get why u would drop a goal threat of a midfielder for Marv neither mate?? Bizarre

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Same team and formation. It worked the last time we played them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Think Agyepong will come on second half and cause them plenty of problems

Full back is a real problem area for Hearts and I expect us to be singing "I said hey hey hey heyyyyyy, hey hey heyyyy, I said HEY, Thomas Agyepong"
    What tune is that meant to be? - it doesn't even scan

Wait a mo tho - is it the Ian Gillan classic - Down Mississipi Down in New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    So drop poty for a player that's done nothing or a has been, neil is that you?
    That my friend is an un called for derogatory term to use for a guy who has given a lot to this club in the years he has been here. Nobody would deny that big Marv is out of the picture and unlikely to be at Hibs too much longer … but his contribution and commitment to the club over his time here deserves better, a lot better.

Oh and same team as the Celtic game for me, with the added bonus that we have a wee bit more strength in depth on the bench than we have had for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    What tune is that meant to be? - it doesn't even scan

Wait a mo tho - is it the Ian Gillan classic - Down Mississipi Down in New Orleans?
    What's up by 4 Non Blondes

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Why?? Mallan has been excellent under Hecky and Gauld has done nothing of note prior to his injury...and I dont get why u would drop a goal threat of a midfielder for Marv neither mate?? Bizarre

Bizarre indeed. I don't think Gauld has done anything of note in the 5 years prior to his injury at Hibs. It's like that time I did a good spreadsheet at work once and managed to live off the glory for 3 years after.

Same team as last week please, there is no reason to make any unenforced changes to the line up when we are undefeated in 9 league games.

We also should have the same tactics and formation that we had at Tynecastle from when we equalised onwards. We just need to avoid starting the game in a similar way tomorrow as we were fortunate not to be 3 or 4 down after 25 minutes that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Feel free read my other posts in this thread might give you an idea

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Bizarre indeed. I don't think Gauld has done anything of note in the 5 years prior to his injury at Hibs. It's like that time I did a good spreadsheet at work once and managed to live off the glory for 3 years after.
    Bizarre regarding Gauld who am guessing you've watched alot over his last 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If we match them for effort we'll beat them. We're better all over the park. I just hope the Hearts players adopt the same attitude as their fans. Beaten before a ball is kicked.
    I very much doubt it. Like last season in the top 6. This will be the only match they actually turn up for. They won’t go into a derby with that attitude. Levein and Locke will have them fired up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Keep the same team. The only change I'd consider would be Slivka for Milligan if we're looking to be a bit more creative.
    This would be the change I would make. Milligan was awful against Celtic. And he is awful at defending set pieces and that's where hearts will try and exploit us.

Left by mutual consent!
    The team picks itself and we all know what the formation is going to be. If it was up to me i would play Kamberi through the middle alongside Mcnulty instead of the 1 up front that Hecky seems to favour. I would also play Marv in the enforcer role instead of Milligan. Bartley excels in derbies and although Milligan is a better player Marvin is better at the blood and thunder stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    I very much doubt it. Like last season in the top 6. This will be the only match they actually turn up for. They won’t go into a derby with that attitude. Levein and Locke will have them fired up for it.
    The difference is last season their cup final was to stop us getting 2nd. It was all built up for that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Start the game like we did the Celtic one and they will struggle to stay with us. They will play their usual anti football and try and nick a goal. We get ahead we win as will force them to come out a bit.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    Bizarre regarding Gauld who am guessing you've watched alot over his last 3 years?
    I'll leave you to fill us all in on Portuguese second tier reserve team football mate.

Let's get our 13 goal and serial assist midfield contender for player of the year in there.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This would be the change I would make. Milligan was awful against Celtic. And he is awful at defending set pieces and that's where hearts will try and exploit us.
    I'd drop Milligan too. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't get the rave reviews he's been receiving either He's decent enough with the ball in front of him, but struggles badly to get back in position when it isn't. He wasn't great against Celtic, but I thought he was even worse against Hearts in the last game at Tiny.

I totally agree with PH having consistency in selection, it's a refreshing change after NL and undoubtedly has contributed to our great run. However if playing well retains a player his place, surely a drop in those levels should result in them being replaced.

I also feel better in a derby when big Marv is playing, I'd bring him in for Milligan on Sunday.
    Last edited by jeffers; 27-04-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    I'll leave you to fill us all in on Portuguese second tier reserve team football mate.

Let's get our 13 goal and serial assist midfield contender for player of the year in there.
    Seems you know more about his time there than i do.. going by your original reply,

Mallans stats don't lie hence i said I'd be happy if he didn't make any changes nor say anything bad regarding mallan just offered an opinion about a wee change he could make, but feel free slate Gauld for trying something new and moving aboard sure you feel hard..

Same team for me.

Get it on the deck and play football.

I really do think Horgan is key again and need to get him on the ball as often as possible.

I hope He k has told Mallan to shoot on sight! Pepper the goals.

Let’s do this and as a belated 75th to my Dad who will be there with me tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I'd drop Milligan too. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't get the rave reviews he's been receiving either He's decent enough with the ball in front of him, but struggles badly to get back in position when it isn't. He wasn't great against Celtic, but I thought he was even worse against Hearts in the last game at Tiny.

I totally agree with PH having consistency in selection, it's a refreshing change after NL and undoubtedly has contributed to our great run. However if playing well retains a player his place, surely a drop in those levels should result in them being replaced.

I also feel better in a derby when big Marv is playing, I'd bring him in for Milligan on Sunday.
    It wasn’t just Milligan in the derby at Tiny Park. Quite a few struggled in the first 20 minutes.

I see no reason to drop Milligan and at this time the team picks itself. Marv is very good at what he does and I expect to see him on at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk