hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just give the trophy to City now please and put Liverpool out of their misery.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    City lost 4 in the league to Liverpool only losing once so far. An unbelievable stat to not win the league with but too many draws have cost Liverpool. Not over yet but advantage City.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Liverpool could go one loss all season and win nine straight league games and STILL not be champions. Incredible.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Citeh's to lose now - regardless, it's been one hell of a title race this year and I reckon it could go down to the last day.

Solskjaer really has his work cut out for him to turn this squad into a competitive team. I still don't get the Pogba hype - he's one lazy *******, and an absolute master at giving the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred is really *****
    £47million.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    not alright said Fred

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    not alright said Fred
    City shred Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    £47million.
    And God only knows how much per week......

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    £47million.
    Hahahahaha

Olly realising the step up just too big for him, only got the job by association in the first place. I can’t see him lasting at all.

Gamer IDs

That sums Pogba up for me. Chased shadows for the past 10 minutes at quarter pace, and when he's finally called into the game in a 50/50 aerial battle, loses out to smout Raheem Sterling.

Mourinho was right about him - his ego seriously overshadows any ability he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Olly realising the step up just too big for him, only got the job by association in the first place. I can’t see him lasting at all.
    Don't agree, he has the back up of Fergie and as long as the board back him to clear the deck I think he can do it. The problem of course will be how much time they will give him.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Some of passages of play from city have been frighteningly quick.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the home fans not hanging around to congratulate the away team

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Don't agree, he has the back up of Fergie and as long as the board back him to clear the deck I think he can do it. The problem of course will be how much time they will give him.
    Nah, out of his depth and would never have got the job if he hadn’t been a fans favourite as a player. Won’t last a full season, if he stays for next season that is. Fergie to ill to give it any real time.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There is a distinct lack of a high pitched whine from the scousers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    That sums Pogba up for me. Chased shadows for the past 10 minutes at quarter pace, and when he's finally called into the game in a 50/50 aerial battle, loses out to smout Raheem Sterling.

Mourinho was right about him - his ego seriously overshadows any ability he has.
    He's got fantastic ability, and Mourinho hasn't been the best judge of a player recently. Man Yoo have a lot bigger problems than Paul Pogba. They need to sell Sanchez and buy a new defence.

No luck Liverpool. Maybe next year!

Gamer IDs

He's got fantastic ability, and Mourinho hasn't been the best judge of a player recently. Man Yoo have a lot bigger problems than Paul Pogba. They need to sell Sanchez and buy a new defence.
    I've only seen a few 90 minutes of United this year, and every time I've left with the same impression. He looks like he's blowing out his arse after 10 minutes. Jogs around the park, scarcely ever closes players down and his passing ability is utterly woeful (it's been laughably bad tonight and on Sunday).

I've clocked the odd montage where he can do tricks and has some decent control about him, but he's a complete luxury that United can't afford if that's his weekly level of effort.

But you're correct - singling him out would be unfair with so much deadwood in that side.

No manager will succeed at man United until the morons who keep handing out new contracts to duds like smalling and Jones are emptied along with said players.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    He got the job as he had a lucky run of poor opponents and reporters and fans made him the second coming. He’s been bang average against the better teams and nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He got the job as he had a lucky run of poor opponents and reporters and fans made him the second coming. He’s been bang average against the better teams and nothing will change.
    The problem is with the squad he has and not OGS. It's all about opinions though and only time will tell.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    A few weeks ago we were desperately hoping for an OGS-like effect from our new manager.

Now we definitely want to avoid this new version of it!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    United a disgrace lying down just to spite Liverpool. Won't be hearing the champions league tune at the theatre of nightmares next season. Burnley a much harder game for City.

De Gea best in the world? not at the moment he's not.
    His head clearly isn't in it IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    I think that win tonight for City will knock the confidence out of Liverpool a bit. I do expect both to go on and win every game though.

Huge game for United against Chelsea now on Sunday. Arsenal bottled it big time again tonight. Maybe they fancy their best chances of qualifying for the Champions League via Europa League, who knows.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    United a disgrace lying down just to spite Liverpool. Won't be hearing the champions league tune at the theatre of nightmares next season. Burnley a much harder game for City.
    They didn’t lie down. City were quite simply better. And they’re better than Liverpool too, though the margins are a lot smaller

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Did he not beat Spurs, Arsenal and PSG?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    United are garbage, miles away from the team that dominated English football for so long.

They are basically Liverpool now, well, the Liverpool of the last 25 years at least.

Left by mutual consent!
    I expect there to be a massive overhaul at United next season, the way that football club has been run lately been nothing short of pathetic.

£50 million for Fred. Ashley Young is captain, I honestly don't even think he's good enough to start, he wouldn't get into the team of the big four. Lukaku has looked unfit all season and is a fringe of the player that we saw at Everton. Pogba thinks he's bigger than the club. All the hype on Lingard, I honestly think he's an above average player and that's about it. The defence in general is not good enough to compete against the biggest teams in Europe. Alexis is on about £400,000 a week. De Gea is having the poorest season of his career so far, I would partly put that down to a lack of confidence in the players in front of him and the general mentality around the club. Mourinho one of the best managers in the world over the past 20 years, got bombed out after the club not signing the players he actually wanted. The only real positive I can take out of United is Rashford.

A lot of people may disagree with me on most of that but that is how I look at Man Utd. Years ago if Manchester United wanted a player they would get him because they were arguably the biggest team in the world. But now who wants to play Europa League football and for a manager who got sacked by Cardiff and achieved one or two things with the 'Celtic' of Norway, instead of playing for the likes of Guardiola and Klopp, playing at the highest level of the game?

Look at the comparison of United and Spurs in terms of development at the moment with Spurs spending hundreds of millions less. It is unacceptable for Man Utd.