hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

And now on to Sunday

Is Potter's mess of pottage going to turn up as a wounded animal or a comotosed sloth?

Never like to predict derby outcomes but should we help put their manager out of his misery with a spanking of exceptional levels or just inflict a run of the mill hammering he could survive?

Asking for an indecisive peroxide blond of my ken...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Like you I'm not overly keen to predict derbies but my money is on us @5/4 already.

Berra in the papers today saying that their route one hoofball style in unfounded, welt of a boy.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Berra in the papers today saying that their route one hoofball style in unfounded, welt of a boy.

Watching their game on Saturday against Sevco, that is all they were doing. Hoof after hoof towards that big striker of theirs.

Was also highlighted on sportscene yesterday that is the only way they play. High, long ball up to Uche Ikpeazu time after time. That doesn’t work, they are f*****

Left by mutual consent!
    Everything seems to be pointing to a Hibs win. Let’s not be complacent, make sure we turn up and inflict as much pain onto Potter as is humanly possible without resorting to violence It’s been a long time since we gave them a right good doing by three goals or more, please let it be so

I’m no Jambo, so I won’t be making any predictions.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Lets not get cocky, derbies are unpredictable and we've been in this position before and fell flat on our faces.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Lets not get cocky, derbies are unpredictable and we've been in this position before and fell flat on our faces.
    Tbf it’s the last thing I’d expect you to do before a derby 😉

I feel really confident about Sunday but not cocky, I’m not entirely sure of the difference but I think I feel a bit different this time.

Of course Hearts are more than capable of beating us, I just don’t think they will.

I think Hearts need to win and that could count against them, the last thing they want is an open game.

Who are their injury doubts this time round?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think Hearts need to win and that could count against them, the last thing they want is an open game.
    Don’t expect them to open up on Sunday. I think Levein will view it as must not lose rather than must win.

Their fans are that unhappy with him that finishing fifth or sixth isn’t going to make that much of a difference to them. A second defeat to us, in the space of three weeks, would make their mood even worse which he won’t want in the build up to the cup final.

Of the two teams, I think we need to win more. A draw is no good to us but I think they’d take a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t expect them to open up on Sunday. I think Levein will view it as must not lose rather than must win.

Their fans are that unhappy with him that finishing fifth or sixth isn’t going to make that much of a difference to them. A second defeat to us, in the space of three weeks, would make their mood even worse which he won’t want in the build up to the cup final.

Of the two teams, I think we need to win more. A draw is no good to us but I think they’d take a draw.

A draw is fine assuming celtic and rangers both win.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    This corker from kickback had me laughing...

Finlay James
    Posted 1 hour ago
    1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:
    Not when you win by 20 odd points!
    Look where Sevco and Vermon are now in comparison.

😂😂😂 The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

A draw is fine assuming celtic and rangers both win.
    We are five points behind Killie. If we want to catch them, a draw isn’t fine.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The situation over the road is really weird. Cup final, but no realistic hope of winning... and know it. Meteoric plunge since they won the league. Lost to us at home for the 1st time in 6 years. 'Talismanic' wee scrote laid up. Their 'Legend' of a manager is in hiding behind queenie's skirt as far as his job goes... and they're still dodging around 'work in progress' (of the 8th wonder of the world no less) to get to their seats... and it's costing them an arm and a leg.

I'm looking to give them the spanking they deserve

Oh!... did I mention the eye bleeding football they play?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    A draw with them is always a disappointment... unless it's a 2-2 with the prospect of a money spinning replay

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    100% agree

I'll be very dissapointed with a draw on Sunday.

Then we'd only be four behind them.

We have to beat Killie and Hearts.

Then we'd only be four behind them.
    Exactly. And catching Killie still wouldn’t be in our own hands. If we get it back to two points this weekend, it is.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We're definitely favourites but as we saw two weeks ago, that's by no means a given.

Without Naismith we have the better team, but we need to perform above and beyond the level we played at Tynecastle. They were tearing us apart before the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post

Finlay James
    Posted 1 hour ago

😂😂😂 The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.
    So true that..... instead of owning your own training ground, I would rather rent one from a university 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We're definitely favourites but as we saw two weeks ago, that's by no means a given.

Without Naismith we have the better team, but we need to perform above and beyond the level we played at Tynecastle. They were tearing us apart before the equaliser.
    Haring the scorer of their goal that day and one of their better players after Naismith is definitely out of the game.
    They have very little to work with and with Haring out will have little threat in the air from set pieces.
    Their only chance of scoring is a great goal like Lee scored at Easter Road last time.
    Their only real chance of winning the match is if we have a player sent off.
    We need to take the match to them because we need the 3 points if we are to have a chance of catching Killie.
    A draw ain't no good to us.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-04-2019 at 08:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Underestimate the depleted or otherwise Jambos at your peril.
    Recent and not so times are pock-marked with flumps we’ll never hear the names of (Jankowicz?, Husref Musemic).

Do them first fanny about later.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Take our chances and we win. We create a lot.

Left by mutual consent!

Finlay James
    Posted 1 hour ago

The sad thing is that the boy actually believes it. He probably said they were still title challengers 6 weeks ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Take our chances and we win. We create a lot.
    Definitely, keep the ball on the deck and get at them. Worked wonders for Rangers on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Finlay James
    Posted 1 hour ago

������ The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

oh i'm sure we don't never have done and never will do

shirly an undercover hibby
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 22-04-2019 at 09:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m terrified of Levein getting the boot.

He’s just so perfect for them. Smug and arrogant, with next to no success to back it up, thuggish hoofball tactics that are just so traditionally hearts in nature, but nowhere near competent enough to ever win anything. Dour, Mid-table and middle class. That’s hearts.

i really worry about him being sacked and them actually getting it right for a change. As far as I’m concerned we’ve been blessed with cathro and potter for comedy value if nothing else. What happens if they bring in someone who actually knows what they’re doing?

anyhoo, 7-0 on Sunday please

Take nothing for granted, have due respect, work hard, dont get dragged into a hoofball or slogging match get the ball moving and keep it out the air as much as possible ...desire and determination ...