hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: DARREN MCGREGOR AND DAVID GRAY AGREE NEW CONTRACTS

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well deserved

4 year contracts seem mental!

*Should have read the whole thing first. Brilliant by the club.
    Last edited by Since452; 22-04-2019 at 11:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    4 years means they'll move into coaching positions I'm assuming.

No problem with that at all.

Well deserved.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Fantastic news, great to see we want to retain their influence.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    So the next management team, all going according to plan.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Just saw this on SSN. Great news.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Absolutely delighted that both will see out their playing careers here and then remain after that. Two players who typify the hibs way. Determination, humble and take pride in their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well deserved
    Brilliant, little shiver down the spine moment there!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    They finally did it. They finally gave some players those semi-mythical "player-coach" deals we've heard so much about.

Brilliant news, absolutely delighted.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Fantastic. Great news!

I'm as delighted to have these 2 players signing on to continue playing for us as I would be about any new player (who would be a remotely realistic possibility) joining us.

They've been about as good in their respective positions as we've had in the past 25 years and bring so much more than just a playing contribution.

Brilliant news.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    I am in tears sipping my wine by the river in Singapore. I love them to bits and want to give them a big man hug.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm really happy with this news, does anyone know if ether of them have already made significant progress with regards their coaching badges?

They really couldn't wish for a better man than Heckingbottom to be their current manager when working their way through their coaching education, Hecky is clearly a very astute operator with his masters etc.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Great news - well done Hibs and delighted that these guys will be around the club for a long time yet

On recent performances new contracts are well justified for both of them, but a 4 year contract for two players who have both been increasingly injury prone and 30 and 33 respectively seem to be at the extreme end of generous, not to mention optimistic. We already have a player of a similar age to Daz sitting on his bum contributing nothing who was given a 4 year contract.

I love both players, but if you take sentiment out of it this seems like a risky strategy for a club like us who can little afford to have a squad which 2 years down the line could end up with too many players on long term deals unable to contribute fully to the team but whose wages mean we cant afford to bring in replacements.

Great news that they've both signed up for next season. I can't imagine Gray playing anywhere else. Need wee Lewis to sign up now as well.

Was a bit surprised to read they were 4 year contracts, but i'd assume we are smart enough not to pay them first year player wages for those 4 years. It'll seriously hamper us 2/3 years down the line if not.

So both of them will likely end their playing careers and start their coaching careers at Hibs.

As it should be. Legends.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Club Legends. It's an honour to watch them play.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Two Hibs greats. Terrific news.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Never heard George Craig before but he comes across great in his interview and so passionate about hibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    On recent performances new contracts are well justified for both of them, but a 4 year contract for two players who have both been increasingly injury prone and 30 and 33 respectively seem to be at the extreme end of generous, not to mention optimistic. We already have a player of a similar age to Daz sitting on his bum contributing nothing who was given a 4 year contract.

I love both players, but if you take sentiment out of it this seems like a risky strategy for a club like us who can little afford to have a squad which 2 years down the line could end up with too many players on long term deals unable to contribute fully to the team but whose wages mean we cant afford to bring in replacements.
    That was my worry when i first opened the link. Got to hope that the people at the clud dealing with the contracts hasn't committed to paying them first team player wages for four years. That would be mental. I'm presuming their wage will change when they move in to coaching roles.

I hope to see David Gray as our manager one day.

Listen to the full interview with George Craig and you’ll understand the 4 years and it makes perfect sense to me

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

I think this is to keep them in the club once they stop playing. Get them prepared for coaching and managing, get another good 2-3 seasons out of them and have them ready to run the place.

A management team of Gray and McGregor who have been honed to being the best managers they can be over a number of years by an already intelligent team in Hecky and Robbie is the ultimate succession planning.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Fantastic news - legends, leaders and possible future managers !

Both have played a massive part of Hibernian the last few years and long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    I am in tears sipping my wine by the river in Singapore. I love them to bits and want to give them a big man hug.
    Is this Bulgarian balcony moment?

Great news though, a long term vision and planning from the club.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Fantastic news

Assume you mean Whittaker? 3 year deal and he's currently injured. Contributed plenty when fit this season and last. Excellent in recent reserve game.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I think this is to keep them in the club once they stop playing. Get them prepared for coaching and managing, get another good 2-3 seasons out of them and have them ready to run the place.

A management team of Gray and McGregor who have been honed to being the best managers they can be over a number of years by an already intelligent team in Hecky and Robbie is the ultimate succession planning.
    There should be no rush to get them coaching the first team. I’d be just as happy with them coaching u14’s. Ajax have no probs keeping Dennis Bergkamp coaching the kids.