hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might be his original position but it is definitely not his best position. Last season he was a real goal threat and a handful for defences. He is never a wide player in a million years... I hope Hecky mixes it up a bit with him and Mcnulty before the end of the season.
    He has and he will

2. Log in to remove the advert

That was a great battling performance from the whole team yesterday and one of the more entertaining 0 - 0 games I've seen at Easter Road.

Marciano …. 9 ….. Barely put a foot wrong in the whole game, a couple of dodgy bits of distribution aside, but made several blinding saves .. deserved MOM and a nice gesture at the end giving his top to a fan.

Gray …. 8.5 …. Hard to believe I couldn't give him MOM after that performance, but what a battler and his cruncher on Brown was one of the days highlights.

McGregor … 8 …. Made life extremely difficult for the Celtic attack and yet another super performance on the back of a great game at Tynecastle.

Hanlon … 7 …. Two or three dodgy moments, but contributed as much as anybody to Hibs keeping a clean sheet.

Stevenson …. 8 …. I though Lewis had an excellent game, Forrest must be getting fed up failing to get the better of him in game after game and ending up being subbed.

Milligan …. 7 …. Did his defensive duties well, but his distribution was woeful at times and he was caught in possession too often. As another poster pointed out he didn't see a few chances he had to get us forward with a long pass, something I've noticed about him in other games and I'm beginning to think he doesn't have the confidence to try a long pass for some reason … either that or he has dodgy eyesight.

Mallan … 8 …. This was one of those games where he looked really up for it and for all that he didn't get many chances to strike at goal he got involved as much as I've seen him … delighted to see him fully commit to a challenge where he could have got hurt, turns out the lad has baws after all … from where I was he won the ball and if he was booked for the force of his challenge then why wasn't the Celtic player who didn't hold back either?

Omeonga … 8 …. He had two great chances to open up Celtic, the first one which in my opinion would have given McNulty a certain goal was nothing less than a fantastic interception by the Celtic defender, the second was just badly under hit, I bet he wishes he could have the chance back. That aside he worked his arse off … again … and did more than anybody to stop Brown running the game the way he likes to … I would love us to get him back for next season, as good an attitude as I've seen from a loan player since Liam Henderson.

Horgan …. 7 …. Started well and worked really hard without getting the breaks … I would say that at times he doesn't make the right movement and that prevents the likes of Gray from playing him in, he seems to want to come short for the ball rather than looking for the run in behind.

McNulty … 8 … It was a hard shift for him against two centre halves on his own most of the time, but he never gave either one a moments peace and some of his movement was really good, on another day he could have got a goal.

Kamberi …. 6 …. His contribution in an attacking sense was minimal, but I think its unfair to say he didn't look interested, I thought he worked hard enough and since Heckingbottom arrived his commitment to his defensive duties has been noticeable as it was yesterday. Picked up a daft booking, but on the other hand it was good to see him coming to the defence of his team mates

SUBS:

Shaw …. 5 …. Got a bit of stick for not taking on a shot when it looked like he was in, but I had a perfect view and it looked like he was off balance and couldn't sort his feet out in time … it probably looked worse because he then passed the ball straight to a Celtic player leaving about 6 Hibs players stranded up the park. Showed plenty of guts in his attempt to score near the end, it was brave by Bain in the Celtic goal who put his body on the line to stop him and McNulty.

Slivka …. 4 …. Did fine when he came on without making a huge difference.

Agyepong … 3 …. I was really pleased to see him come on, but unfortunately he didn't get too many opportunities to run at the Celtic defence.

Heckingbottom …… 8 …. Performing way beyond my expectations, long may it continue. The only criticism I have is the same as the one I had in the cup game, when the opposition have a corner I wish he would leave at least one player up the park, though to be fair near the end he did appear to do that.

The ref …. Gave us barely anything and was hasty booking Omeonga for what I thought was a genuine attempt to win the ball and totally wrong to book Mallan who even from where I was in the FF won the ball in a 50/50 challenge where both players entered it with equal force … it didn't help that the Celtic player made out he had been injured when he clearly hadn't been. I also thought the back pass he ignored was from the defenders foot and not his knee and should have been a free kick to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Omeonga's looked a booking live to me, although having seen TV replays there was minimal contact. The Mallan decision was a shocker.

Other one that the ref got wrong was not booking Hayes for a blatant dive early in the game.
    This is how it feels