hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticking Flo out on the left is not only nullifying his attacking threat but McNulty looks a poorer player up front on his own. It’s the one criticism I’ve got of Hecky so far
    He is doing it for a reason though - we are struggling with Boyle and Agypongs injuries, so Flo is "filling in".

Clearly his preference is up front with McNulty as well, but the managers job is to win points - and if he thinks the change is merited (and so far, who can argue) then I am sure Flo will go with it for now.

Once Boyle is back, we have more options and I expect to see Kamberi back in the middle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    In a 9 game unbeaten streak, sitting at the top of the form table, I'm satisfied that everyone is doing, at least, the job asked of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Hibby View Post
    Think it's a fair point from OP. I don't think we are seeing the best of him.

Not sure what the answer is as he wasn't playing at his best up front earlier in the season either.
    The answer is Scottie Allan

I wasn't at the game but from the highlights there were times when players opted to shoot themselves instead of playing him in

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I wasn't at the game but from the highlights there were times when players opted to shoot themselves instead of playing him in
    No wonder the squads looking a bit thin.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    In a 9 game unbeaten streak, sitting at the top of the form table, I'm satisfied that everyone is doing, at least, the job asked of them.
    He wasn’t at his best yesterday, but has more than made his contrition to Heckingbottom’s excellent League start and unbeaten run.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    You might have heard me Stevie - I'm not so far from you
    You must come up and say hello.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    If he watched him on the pitch maybe he'd understand why.
    He certainly isn't lazy, he must run a fair amount of Km's in a game, would be interesting to see the data

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You must come up and say hello.
    See you Sunday

See you Sunday
    Might still be warm. Warmer than the Faroes. I’d leave all yer Kamberi ***** at your seat though!

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    He certainly isn't lazy, he must run a fair amount of Km's in a game, would be interesting to see the data
    Interesting that lots of people are defending him & probably an equal number slating him across many threads. Much of what he does at the moment; his poor decisions, his terrible control, daft flicks, his slowing up play could be overlooked if he was contributing something meaningful to games but I don't see what he brings. Hopefully he somehow gets back to what he was doing last season but right now he doesn't deserve a starting place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Might still be warm. Warmer than the Faroes. I’d leave all yer Kamberi ***** at your seat though!
    I'll debate it on here & jeer & cheer like everyone else ta. Hopefully another away day awaits and Kamberi has got his act together 😁

I'll debate it on here & jeer & cheer like everyone else ta. Hopefully another away day awaits and Kamberi has got his act together 😁
    Madly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I like Kamberi a lot but I thought he was poor today even allowing for him being asked to do more on the defensive side of the game. He just seemed slow to react to anything and his movement to create space wasn't great.

I gave Shaw a bit stick for the chances he missed and his hesitancy in the box but on reflection at least he actually got into those positions. Kamberi rarely looked a threat.

Bang on the money, he looks a shadow of the player we had on loan, not sure if it's just lack of confidence.

Obviously the manager disagrees.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    He’s just technically not that great a footballer or a natural finisher. His decision making in the final 3rd is infuriating at best. Shadow of the player we had on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t agree. He’s been in poor form this season but seen enough to suggest there is a real talent here.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    He's a very enigmatic footballer, certainly. I cannot for the life of me understand how many times he has played sublime, one touch flicks to lay the ball off/play someone in - yet most of the time it seems he can barely control a relatively simple ball to him. His first touch - and his second, quite often - is shocking.

I do like him, and believe he has contributed well over the last few weeks - though I'd be disappointed if this was as good as it's going to be from him, from now on in. Who he plays up front with next season will be crucial.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    He's a very enigmatic footballer, certainly. I cannot for the life of me understand how many times he has played sublime, one touch flicks to lay the ball off/play someone in - yet most of the time it seems he can barely control a relatively simple ball to him. His first touch - and his second, quite often - is shocking.

I do like him, and believe he has contributed well over the last few weeks - though I'd be disappointed if this was as good as it's going to be from him, from now on in. Who he plays up front with next season will be crucial.
    Agree it seems he struggles when given more time, think it is just a confidence thing. Could with him scoring soon to boost his confidence.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree it seems he struggles when given more time, think it is just a confidence thing. Could with him scoring soon to boost his confidence.
    Definitely Jim - a couple on Sunday would do nicely

My only concern with kamberi in recent weeks is that he seems to be caught on his heels quite a bit. I would prefer him upfront in a 2 but understand why he's playing out wide atm

Cannot play the position he's being asked to play. First half was eye bleeding stuff from him. There was about 30 minutes of the 45 where he was so narrow to the wrong side of the pitch, Stevenson was covering two men and McNulty was coming deep to cover his mistake. Either play him up as a two or he doesn't play imo. As soon as we played with a proper midfield second half, we looked like we could be dangerous.

He's a relatively young man lacking a bit of confidence on the park, that was confirmed when he was relieved of penalty duties a couple of months ago.

Fans need to realise that nothing,zero,nada positive will be gained by booing the Big man or any of our young players for that matter.
    Get behind the team or stfu imo, and I'm not even wearing a tin hat saying that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Cannot play the position he's being asked to play. First half was eye bleeding stuff from him. There was about 30 minutes of the 45 where he was so narrow to the wrong side of the pitch, Stevenson was covering two men and McNulty was coming deep to cover his mistake. Either play him up as a two or he doesn't play imo. As soon as we played with a proper midfield second half, we looked like we could be dangerous.
    We looked a wee bit more dangerous however we also became very open and were lucky not to concede in that time. I think he can play the role but does get caught out also usually not tracking. Going the other way he can be dangerous as shown by his goal v Rangers and a few times he was free out left but didnt get passed to.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Who would you play left win instead though?

The natural player to play wide left is Horgan, he knows when to stay wide and also when to cut onto his right but we have no one to play wide right at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Who would you play left win instead though?
    Horgsn

Left by mutual consent!
    The EEN have Kamberi as our 13th best player of 2019 😟

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/the-best-hibs-players-in-2019-so-far-ranked-in-order-1-4912875/amp?__twitter_impression=true

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Sticking Flo out on the left is not only nullifying his attacking threat but McNulty looks a poorer player up front on his own. It’s the one criticism I’ve got of Hecky so far

But the formations deployed have been much of the reason Heck has put us on a nine game unbeaten run! He has made us harder to break down and that is in large part due to his formations. We have been starting a 4-5-1 against the tougher opponents - which can easily be switched to 4-4-2 by pushing Flo up front from his wide left starting berth. I agree that in isolation our attack looks the poorer for only one up - but it's the whole team performance that counts obviously, and results delivered have proven that Heck has been getting that right.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post

This is true but Kamberi is also guilty of this. Too many players taking the wrong option of pass or shoot. Mind you it looks an easy decision to make when i'm watching from the stands.