Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

I thought he did fine.

Again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s not poor and clearly we don’t play two upfront like we did .His role is totally different.

You must be watching a different game from me. He’s been poor for a good while now. He’s better than what we are currently seeing.

Always been a big fan of Flo but I don’t think he had a great game today. However I’d much prefer to see him back up top and alongside McNulty.

Can hardly argue with the way Hecky is managing at this point though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    He’s just technically not that great a footballer or a natural finisher. His decision making in the final 3rd is infuriating at best. Shadow of the player we had on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t agree more regards his decision making. There was one incident today we’re he could have passed to Omeonga and put him in one on one but instead he went in the opposite direction and ballooned a shot high and wide.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I like Kamberi a lot but I thought he was poor today even allowing for him being asked to do more on the defensive side of the game. He just seemed slow to react to anything and his movement to create space wasn't great.

I gave Shaw a bit stick for the chances he missed and his hesitancy in the box but on reflection at least he actually got into those positions. Kamberi rarely looked a threat.
    Agree with this. I’d like to see Shaw given more game time tbh.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I absolutely raved about this lad last season, so I’m baffled as to why he looks like half the player he was then.
    He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute?
    I think it's down to the different people he's playing with. No McGinn, Allan or McGeoch this time around. I'd wait and see what Allans' return brings to his game next season

He’s not as effective as last season playing out of position doesn’t help most importantly if he’s in the team we must get right behind him and any other player who’s playing!!! Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    He’s part of a team that has gone 9 games unbeaten, playing out of position, so is doing something right

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    You must be watching a different game from me. He’s been poor for a good while now. He’s better than what we are currently seeing.
    He was utterly brutal today. Contributes nothing to the team most weeks now. Lazy lazy player who seems to be going through the motions. Was delighted when the was hauled off today & needs a spell out of the team.

He’s played great since the new manager came in but been quiet the last couple of games.

Not sure why folk are saying it’s an unfamiliar role ... it’s been said umpteen times that’s hes played on the left before.

He’s worked hard recently and he’ll get his rewards soon enough. Him and McNulty are as good a pair of strikers as we’ve had recently.

Those calling him lazy are, I can only surmise, suffering from glaucoma. If anything, he was back in the left wing back position too often. He's not the most rapid with the ball and ideally would be up top as 1 of a 2. The threat from wide areas from Celtic needed nullified and he played his role there.

Did slow it down unnecessarily on a couple of occasions but still played his part in a good team performance.

I can see where people are coming from regarding his performances. Concerns me slightly that McNulty will be away in the summer and we'll be left with Flo and Shaw who i don't think is good enough for this level. Sure it'll all be under control though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I can see where people are coming from regarding his performances. Concerns me slightly that McNulty will be away in the summer and we'll be left with Flo and Shaw who i don't think is good enough for this level. Sure it'll all be under control though.

McNulty is a proper striker/player. Hungry for goals, chases everything down, and not scared to put himself about.

Flo and Shaw up top next season is a worrying thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    He was utterly brutal today. Contributes nothing to the team most weeks now. Lazy lazy player who seems to be going through the motions. Was delighted when the was hauled off today & needs a spell out of the team.
    Rubbish

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I think he’s poor.
    Looks like he is a tad overweight, when running he looks like he is towing a caravan.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought he had an absolute shocker today seems to struggle with eye to ball coordination and what is going on around about him takes an age to turn with the ball needs to be rested or dropped for me

Big question mark on his starting place for next season in my book

I thought he might have been up for it and more direct being up against NL

I think Flo has been doing OK. I hear a lot of whinging that he is being lazy etc but I don't see that at all. Certainly not as effective as last season but he is doing his bit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubbish
    It's true. I was so delighted he got hauled off that I cheered madly. The boy brutal & getting worse!

It's true. I was so delighted he got hauled off that I cheered madly. The boy brutal & getting worse!
    U are either on the wind up or I smell Yam...have a word coz if your a hibs fan u certainly hide it well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think Kamberi is eing asked to do a job thats totally alien to him and while trying to do his bit, hes just not got the natural.aspect of playing the role. Also I am not sure he is a very intelligent player, or that quick thinking, some of the tings he does during games really makes me wonder and during the summer he needs to get to work.on his touch cos its poor ...look forward.to.seeing himback playing as a centre.forward next season though

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Lazy 😂

If Flo Kamberi is anything it is most certainly not lazy.

What he is is a right footed striker being asked to play as a left winger/left attacking midfielder. He isn't going to be putting the ball in the back of the net week in week out but he applied himself really well today. Picked up a silly booking but otherwise thought he was fine.
    Last edited by Jones28; 21-04-2019 at 08:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It’s amazing how we always find negativity in a positive team performance
    Yes we always want better, but as many others have pointed out, he’s playing in a position to help the team

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Looks like he is a tad overweight, when running he looks like he is towing a caravan.
    This in a nutshell.

He was falling out of favour with the sports science team under Lennon for doing a ‘Garry O’Connor’ i.e. having a poor diet and not hitting fitness targets. This led to an underperformance in training and a lack of running stamina on match day.

His story is similar to David Wotherspoon who bulked up and lost pace during his last year at Hibs. When he went to St Johnstone the first thing they did was slim him down and regain his sprint speed.

Kamberi’s backside and thighs are now so big he has to swing his arms furiously to get going. That’s why he can’t escape defenders like he did last season

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    You must be a delight to sit beside. Still got all your own teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He is being asked to do a job that he wouldnt naturally do.. No issue with him in the current set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    He's learning a new position and panning his nut in doing so. More than happy with his contribution under Hecky thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Wasn't he a left winger at Grasshoppers?

I like Flo and think once (if!) we get him playing centrally again with another striker off him, he will be back. Criticism is OTT.

In one of Hecky's interviews he stated that Flo started as a left sided attacker at Grasshopper's, his performances have been very up and down this season and since PH came in he's worked hard in most games for the team but today he was pretty poor. Didn't track back, rarely ran into channels and on a few occasions was slow to reacted to the ball around him, made for a very frustrating day knowing he can do so much better.

Kamberi certainly isn’t overweight, fat or culpable of a poor diet.

He is in excellent condition and has a bloody 8 pack.

He has bulked up this season for sure, maybe he is more effective with a leaner physique to the more muscular one he currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You must be a delight to sit beside. Still got all your own teeth?
    You might have heard me Stevie - I'm not so far from you

Left by mutual consent!
    His attitude today was brilliant in a different position. Fair play to him. There was times he chased back big time. Great attitude and would have scored if played in by Omeonga in the first half.

It’s amazing isn’t it .Last time out he was closely involved in what many said was the goal of the season to beatHearts.Yet it seems he’s not interested and hopeless and doesn’t try.A fortnight is certainly a lifetime in football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It’s amazing isn’t it .Last time out he was closely involved in what many said was the goal of the season to beatHearts.Yet it seems he’s not interested and hopeless and doesn’t try.A fortnight is certainly a lifetime in football.
    Isn’t it amazing we draw with the best side in the country yet people want to rip our MVP?