hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

Left by mutual consent!

Kamberi

I absolutely raved about this lad last season, so I’m baffled as to why he looks like half the player he was then.
    He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute?

2. Log in to remove the advert

He’s not poor and clearly we don’t play two upfront like we did .His role is totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I absolutely raved about this lad last season, so I’m baffled as to why he looks like half the player he was then.
    He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute?
    He’s not poor just doing what the manager is asking of him. Sparky is being asked to spearhead the attack so Flo is playing his part.

I think I’ll let PH decide how he’s playing and what his role is during a game.

Think he’ll score next week against that mob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it's a fair point from OP. I don't think we are seeing the best of him.

Not sure what the answer is as he wasn't playing at his best up front earlier in the season either.

I think he’s poor.

I can see why some don't think he's done much recently. But he is being asked to graft under PH and I think the thing I'm enjoying is his enthusiasm to do so with little return and media praise. Suggests that PH is showing him the love he needs. Hopefully next season when we have a full squad and some signings in he flourishes in the goal scoring charts again. Might see him move centrally again.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    For some reason he never seems to be in total control of the ball when he has possession. Can't say I noticed the same thing last season.

I think he's poor.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Last season he was quick, strong, skilful and pretty clinical. He could drive past several men with skill and his performance in the final game against rangers, first half especially was outstanding

This season he seems to have bulked up a fair bit and rarely beats his man.

I would say the main thing is his decision making, this season he seems to be trying the hardest thing possible (like his shot today before he went off) last season he would hold it up, beat a man and lay it off

His touch does seem poor lately.

Hopefully next season he gets his sharpness back and recreates the form of his first 6 months.

Bare in mind he also had McGinn, Mcgeouch, Allan, Boyle, Barker and Ambrose supplying him with very good service.

Kamberi is the least of our problems ...

Love the fact he stuck up for Omeonga when brown gave him that panto look after the tumble. Stupid yellow but it showed togetherness get it right up that rocket

Left by mutual consent!
    Thought he would have stepped up when Lennon left but he hasn't really done a lot more tbh. If Hecky feels as if he can get better in then I think he may be away in the summer.

He’s just technically not that great a footballer or a natural finisher. His decision making in the final 3rd is infuriating at best. Shadow of the player we had on loan.

Not sure what PH thinks we get from him in that position.

Not great defensively leaving Lewis with two men a lot of the time and not great going forward.

Either work with with MM upfront and press the game or be a left midfielder prepared to track back he was sort of did neither and was in between all day for me.

I like Kamberi a lot but I thought he was poor today even allowing for him being asked to do more on the defensive side of the game. He just seemed slow to react to anything and his movement to create space wasn't great.

I gave Shaw a bit stick for the chances he missed and his hesitancy in the box but on reflection at least he actually got into those positions. Kamberi rarely looked a threat.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    He’s not poor just doing what the manager is asking of him. Sparky is being asked to spearhead the attack so Flo is playing his part.

I think I’ll let PH decide how he’s playing and what his role is during a game.

Think he’ll score next week against that mob

That’s true but today he didn’t do a lot and given his scoring record v Celtic it’s a waste not to see him get into scoring positions

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If he doesn't score in the next couple games then I can see Agyepong/Gauld starting ahead of him.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    Love the fact he stuck up for Omeonga when brown gave him that panto look after the tumble. Stupid yellow but it showed togetherness get it right up that rocket
    Think he’s now a booking away from a ban

Criticism of him on this thread is a bit OTT...hes playing an unfamiliar role for the good of team. I agree he wasn't very good today but give the guy a break it's not really his position hes playing at moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think he’s now a booking away from a ban
    Great time for Gauld and Agyepong to be back

He is being asked to do a job that he wouldnt naturally do.. No issue with him in the current set up.

Testimonial Due
    He's learning a new position and panning his nut in doing so. More than happy with his contribution under Hecky thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    He's learning a new position and panning his nut in doing so. More than happy with his contribution under Hecky thus far.
    Me too, some folk have it for him regardless and can only ever see a negative.

@hibs.net private member
    Not a fan tbh...doesn't make great decisions - too selfish today when he had two in the box to square to...and to me, he is often caught on his heels. Certainly works harder under the new manager though . And I accept he is not playing in his natural role. Will be surprised if he is our starting forward next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not a fan tbh...doesn't make great decisions - too selfish today when he had two in the box to square to...and to me, he is often caught on his heels. Certainly works harder under the new manager though . And I accept he is not playing in his natural role. Will be surprised if he is our starting forward next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If we don't get McNulty back then Kamberi is the obvious choice to lead the line. Be interesting to see how he gets on under Heckingbottom with Allan feeding him rather than being used as a target man.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    Getting booked in the 1st half for getting needlessly involved with Brown was the only stupid thing a Hibs player did in an excellent first 45 minutes. Omeonga was enjoying himself and wasn't in need of his intervention.
    Had Kamberi got a second booking like he did at Hearts, he could have blown all the hard work of his team out the window.
    Needs to wind his neck in at times and behave like a professional sportsman rather than a gullible fool.

Re his play, he is doing what the manager has told him to do and is making the team every week so the manager must be happy with his contribution.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-04-2019 at 05:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Wasn't he a left winger at Grasshoppers?

I like Flo and think once (if!) we get him playing centrally again with another striker off him, he will be back. Criticism is OTT.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Oli's first chance had fallen to Flo , he would have hit it first time
    Not really sure what he is doing so far to the left , but if Hecky sets his team up like that he has to live with it. If McNulty goes back to Reading, then it could be Flo in the middle and someone else on the left for next season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Not sure what PH thinks we get from him in that position.

Not great defensively leaving Lewis with two men a lot of the time and not great going forward.

Either work with with MM upfront and press the game or be a left midfielder prepared to track back he was sort of did neither and was in between all day for me.

I noticed he allowed players to go beyond him on more than a few occasions leaving Lewis exposed.

Left by mutual consent!
    The
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Me too, some folk have it for him regardless and can only ever see a negative.

Oh give it a rest. He’s quite clearly struggling for whatever reason. Nobody has it in for him.