hibs.net Messageboard

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1567
    Promising Youngster
    FFS this is a thread about the new Hibs kits. The home is green with white sleeves and the away is something different. It's gone a bit mad in here. Why can't people take the club at face value and have a bit of trust and faith. Imagine if they had gone with a sponsor like Wonga or Sports Direct on the front of the shirts the place would implode.

2. Log in to remove the advert

13th for the away! Bollox. Kids wanted it for holiday..

If I were to order online, would it be in the post on the 13th or just sent out from that date?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I think both shirts look smart and I'm very pleased with the Shirt sponsor..having said that I'm 52 and have a belly, plus I already own about 12 Hibs shirts going back to the Mid 1980's so I doubt I will buy one...I'll hang on for the HSL 3rd strip with my name on it next year :)

Hahaha knew it.

got the wee man the home strip today and it's now not as horific as I thought it's quiet tidy.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's definitely a better point to be made to be honest. I do have my reservations on gambling sponsors but I would rather the club came out and said that, but I don't think this is the case at the moment. Drinks companies I'm okay with but then you can make the argument about alcoholism etc and I fully get that side of things.

If the club wanted to make a point of no longer associating itself with gambling companies then I will happily support them in that decision but they would need to communicate that to us, until they do I will assume the buggered up the sponsorship situation and went for a quick fix and in turn have cost the club money.
    Can't see any club openly criticising bookie sponsorship while all the competitions are sponsored by bookies

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Exactly. If Hibs aren't interested in bringing in even 100k through sponsorship it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the average working supporter paying into HSL every month. I know Leeann has said it's not impacting the player budget but that makes me think it's impacting something else. I think we need proper clarification on it.
    I actually disagree. If Hibs were asking for 200k sponsor (I'm making that figure up, not saying it as fact) and no one was willing to pay it they have two options, one is accept a reduced offer, say 100k, other is to do what they have done and keep it in house.

Now if they had accepted the 100k then it might look like we've made 100k more than we would if we went with the in house option but that's only this year, what you've also done is set a dangerous precident that you'll accept whatever is going. So next time it's up companies know they can bid less again.

By refusing to accept less Hibs have set a value to be represented by our club on our strips. Either your business is worth paying that or it's not. If you start accepting lower offers there's only one way future offers are going, look at the spfl TV deals, etc.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I actually disagree. If Hibs were asking for 200k sponsor (I'm making that figure up, not saying it as fact) and no one was willing to pay it they have two options, one is accept a reduced offer, say 100k, other is to do what they have done and keep it in house.

Now if they had accepted the 100k then it might look like we've made 100k more than we would if we went with the in house option but that's only this year, what you've also done is set a dangerous precident that you'll accept whatever is going. So next time it's up companies know they can bid less again.

By refusing to accept less Hibs have set a value to be represented by our club on our strips. Either your business is worth paying that or it's not. If you start accepting lower offers there's only one way future offers are going, look at the spfl TV deals, etc.
    Very good post

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Add to that the fact that we will want longer term deals that run for 2 or 3 years with these type of partnership and we have potentially locked ourselves into a poor value deal for the next three years by just accepting whatever was available this summer.

Take the hit this season and spend the time getting the right sponsor with the right value to us for next season and beyond.

Not accepting the £100k sponsor and getting a sponsor willing to pay £250k a season for the next two years is better than accepting the £100k sponsor and having to live with that for three years. Just as an example

Left by mutual consent!
    My daughter has just purchased the home strip for my Grandson. £83 for the full kit, including name, and number £14, Sponsorship logo £5

Just about as much as his season ticket.

Onwards and upwards.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    My daughter has just purchased the home strip for my Grandson. £83 for the full kit, including name, and number £14, Sponsorship logo £5

Onwards and upwards.
    Aye, but you cannae wear a season ticket on holiday!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Aye, but you cannae wear a season ticket on holiday!!
    He'll be fully kitted out, and swanning around Edinburgh Airport on Sunday Morning with it on.

EDINBURGH IS GREEN

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Onwards and upwards.
    Ronaldo7 as usual😄

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Also, sponsorship isn’t free money. You’ve got to deliver tangible benefits for it which all come at a cost... tickets, hospitality, marketing collateral etc.

The more I think about it the more I'm just so grateful that rather than promoting a predatory betting firm we're promoting the community wing of the club and the entire culture of Hibs as a community club which gives back. Thank you Leeann for being brave enough to go for it - I've never been prouder of our club. Say all you you want about the bottom line but we're kidding ourselves on IMO if we pretend it really matters more than the ethos of the club, and regardless of any economic factors (I do indeed think that taking it in-house this year will pay dividends in the long run) I'm just deeply proud that for the upcoming year we'll be sporting a message which speaks to what our great club is all about.

Thank you Leeann.

Onwards and upwards.
    £14 for the name and number? Wow, that bit is the rip off. When spending so much on kids kit, that should be thrown in free.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Onwards and upwards.
    It's a lot of money for the wee ones, especially for those buying for more than one child and when there are two or three kits per season.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Bike View Post
    The more I think about it the more I'm just so grateful that rather than promoting a predatory betting firm we're promoting the community wing of the club and the entire culture of Hibs as a community club which gives back. Thank you Leeann for being brave enough to go for it - I've never been prouder of our club. Say all you you want about the bottom line but we're kidding ourselves on IMO if we pretend it really matters more than the ethos of the club, and regardless of any economic factors (I do indeed think that taking it in-house this year will pay dividends in the long run) I'm just deeply proud that for the upcoming year we'll be sporting a message which speaks to what our great club is all about.

Thank you Leeann.
    It wasnt through choice though...

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    It wasnt through choice though...
    Other than as stated we had two offers on the table and chose not to take them up. That kind of choice?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    13th for the away! Bollox. Kids wanted it for holiday..
    Get it delivered to where ever your staying...

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Get it delivered to where ever your staying...
    £20 delivery and upto 15 days to arrive! They/I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Other than as stated we had two offers on the table and chose not to take them up. That kind of choice?
    You dont think if Marathonbet wanted to extend their deal at the same rate Hibs would have take that over the new charity deal? Its a choice made after being backed into a corner

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    You dont think if Marathonbet wanted to extend their deal at the same rate Hibs would have take that over the new charity deal? Its a choice made after being backed into a corner
    If Marathonbet wanted to extend then Hibs wouldn't have had a decision to make, they would have simply carried on taking the cash. As with all shirt sponsorship deals it had it's time and came to a natural, amicable end. When looking for and considering new sponsors the board could well have decided to avoid new betting or alcohol sponsors (again the Eden Mill thing is ongoing and will also run it's course). Leeann said there were a couple of offers but the board, for whatever reason, decided to go in a different direction.

Not quite as clear cut as being backed into a corner is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If Marathonbet wanted to extend then Hibs wouldn't have had a decision to make, they would have simply carried on taking the cash. As with all shirt sponsorship deals it had it's time and came to a natural, amicable end. When looking for and considering new sponsors the board could well have decided to avoid new betting or alcohol sponsors (again the Eden Mill thing is ongoing and will also run it's course). Leeann said there were a couple of offers but the board, for whatever reason, decided to go in a different direction.

Hibs wanted to continue the relationship with MB though

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

I think you're trying to make the point that the club took the moral high ground with the sponsor choice, but i think youre reply above explains for itself that wasnt the case.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Hibs wanted to continue the relationship with MB though
    Possibly they did, but I doubt they were relying on it. 5 years is already a long time in shirt sponsorship.

Marathon Bet had much bigger fish to fry. They have to increase massively over the next couple of years if they are going to survive.

Its just horrible.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    New Hearts away top
    WOW is that a wind up ?!

Truly disgusting grubby little club