hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpLife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umbro are consistently the best kit makers, particularly for smaller clubs.
    Maybe if this was 1979 and you were going every other week to Tynecastle to watch lower league fitba

I think adidas are more of a Hibs brand myself, especially the late 80s and of course the 1991 League Cup winning team's kit (home and away)

Now that was a great kit for a capital city club IMHO

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The McGinn money obviously will help subsidise the loss from the missing sponsorship but it just means it’s filling that hole rather than being put to use as the bonus income it was supposed to be.
    Aren't sponsorships done by year? Assuming we do find one does it matter if we go a few weeks without a sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Ive seen them, piss poor efforts.
    Its a rip off of an old Swansea Joma kit. Totally all white but with two black stripes down the front and a black bar to fit in the sponsor. Think Real Madrid but with a hugh black H on the front.

The away is a garish pinky purple number... honking.

H for honking!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Aren't sponsorships done by year? Assuming we do find one does it matter if we go a few weeks without a sponsor?
    Sponsorships are done by season and reproduction on replicas is part of the deal. That's why we have had a delay on replica kit and why each passing day it devalues the cost of any potential sponsorship. It does matter as it impacts the club and how we're looked at, along with our transfer budget and for our accounts. Without one, or a cut price deal, we'll fall further behind Hearts and Aberdeen revenue wise.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why wouldn’t there be a sponsor in place towards the end of last season if Marathon was finished? It’s looking extremely poor commercially with ore-season a couple of weeks away. There must be some kind of contingency plan if the preferred sponsor pulls out or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Sponsorships are done by season and reproduction on replicas is part of the deal. That's why we have had a delay on replica kit and why each passing day it devalues the cost of any potential sponsorship. It does matter as it impacts the club and how we're looked at, along with our transfer budget and for our accounts. Without one, or a cut price deal, we'll fall further behind Hearts and Aberdeen revenue wise.
    Doesn't sound like something that Hibs would allow to happen. I'm confident of a kit launch very soon

Testimonial Due
    This slight delay won't have a negative impact commercially or on shirt sales this season. That's my positive speculation to counteract the negative stuff.
    Last edited by HFC93; 12-06-2019 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Real Sociedad home kit for next season. Wonder if our away shirt will have that design.

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Real Sociedad home kit for next season. Wonder if our away shirt will have that design.

A striped top would be a very nice change, I’ve wanted one for ages. Just no blue and white!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

A year of traditional and a year of random would good. Green shirt white sleeves every other year with stripes, hoops, squares, half and half in the alternate years!

Launched without a sponsor 🤔

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    A year of traditional and a year of random would good. Green shirt white sleeves every other year with stripes, hoops, squares, half and half in the alternate years!
    Aye

Mix it up a bit

Barca and Bayern (to name 2) do it all the time

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Hope not - thats is a terrible strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Hope not - thats is a terrible strip.
    Why can't Macron just design something with a normal collar? Stick a round neck on that and it's average. Have a stupid V cut out and a weird foldy over looking bit and it becomes utterly bogging.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Why can't Macron just design something with a normal collar? Stick a round neck on that and it's average. Have a stupid V cut out and a weird foldy over looking bit and it becomes utterly bogging.
    It is infuriating. A simple white v neck and last years would have been an absolute classic (it was actually mocked up on here). Even a button would have improved it a fair bit.

I really don't like Macron tops in general. In saying that i liked our first one with them. Thought last seasons was a monstrosity. Too much going on on one top. Hoping the new one is nice but not holding out much hope. Like others have said addidas would be brilliant.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I really don't like Macron tops in general. In saying that i liked our first one with them. Thought last seasons was a monstrosity. Too much going on on one top. Hoping the new one is nice but not holding out much hope. Like others have said addidas would be brilliant.
    The first home top we had with Macron was one of the best we've had, IMHO. It was a cracking strip.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The first home top we had with Macron was one of the best we've had, IMHO. It was a cracking strip.
    I've not really been a fan of the home strips Macron have produced so far, I felt this seasons and last seasons were almost identical with a few sort of details attached on this year to distinguish it from the year befores. I liked the design of the away tops though.

Agreed. Loved both strips that year to be honest.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I didn’t like it, far too much going on. Loved the diamonds last season though, stunning
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The Macron collars are just bizaare.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

If we went with Adidas we could do worse than go with an effort like this …. I never thought their stripes looked right on our white sleeves.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

If we went with Adidas we could do worse than go with an effort like this …. I never thought their stripes looked right on our white sleeves.
    That looks like someone's puked up a snot sandwich!

PS Any white smoke at ER yet?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Can you give us some ideas of what we could do that would be worse than that, please, as I'm struggling?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Keep hearing that adidas or umbro would be much better.....yet every example is rank rotten. If we dont like the collars blame Hibs.

GLORY GLORY & MATTY F.

It wasn't the actual design I was talking about, I don't like it either, it was just a pic to illustrate a green top with 3 stripes

A green and white version of adidas's Arsenal kit would be brilliant. Thing of beauty that kit.

195039_Main_Thumb_0479868.jpg

Thats the current green and white adidas top.

Agreed … it made me break my self imposed rule that I was far too auld for replica tops, I thought it was a cracker

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    195039_Main_Thumb_0479868.jpg

Thats the current green and white adidas top.
    They'd glue on a Hibs badge and want £50 a pop for it.