hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

Heckingbottom

Genius. Set the team up perfectly. Strong defensively but also got in their face and imo done enough to win it

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genius. Set the team up perfectly. Strong defensively but also got in their face and imo done enough to win it
    I’m not sure I’d say we deserved to win but we played very well. Game plan was executed to perfection.

Left by mutual consent!
    Still undefeated in the league, brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m not sure I’d say we deserved to win but we played very well. Game plan was executed to perfection.
    Aye I probably miss worded it. I more meant that we had enough chances to win. Celtic probably had more but we definitely went forward enough

You can't fluke 9 undefeated league games at this stage of the season. Very impressive.

First Team Breakthrough
    To beat a 71 year old managerial record and overtaking the great Hugh Shaw is no mean feat with the team he walked into.
    He deserves all the plaudits on what he has achieved so far.

First Team Breakthrough
    Brilliant manager in comparison to Lennon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Have a word - that’s a stupid statement to make. He’s had a brilliant start but people have short memories - last season was some of the best football we have seen - the European games were great and he won us the championship on his first attempt.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would suggest he bossed our previous manager today and schooled him tactical wise

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    A much better performance than the Scottish Cup game. Set up to go at them and for a good while had Lennon reeling. Imagine if we'd scored!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Have a word - that’s a stupid statement to make. He’s had a brilliant start but people have short memories - last season was some of the best football we have seen - the European games were great and he won us the championship on his first attempt.
    First half of last season was bang average until Kamberi, Maclaren and Allan came in January. The Championship season was turgid for the vast majority and it was a far weaker league than in Stubbs time. He was brought in to win it and he did to be fair and like you say i really enjoyed the second half of last season. Don't miss the circus that comes with Lennon.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm not sure it is a stupid statement and you are correct in people having short memories...this was a guy that got us out of the championship and into Europe correct, he also threatened to resign after a game at tynie, allegedly argued with our chairman and had us in 8th place with 2 wins in 14.
    PH has got 21 points out of 27, 5th place and a chance of 4th.
    I know who I would want for the rest of season

looks like he learned from the cup defeat . Great performance and unlucky not to have scored with Shaw .

Lennon is miles behind him tactically. That much talent and a very one dimensional performance from Celtic.

First Team Breakthrough
    Well DMC77 look at Lennon's performance this year very poor and shocking man management particularily with Flo not to mention the totally bizarre team selections. Not a stupid comment try speaking to some of the players about Hecky they have totally bought into him

@hibs.net private member
    Well DMC77 look at Lennon's performance this year very poor and shocking man management particularily with Flo not to mention the totally bizarre team selections. Not a stupid comment try speaking to some of the players about Hecky they have totally bought into him
    This year he lost the plot - but the championship season we got out the division which Stubbs couldn’t do and last season, yes mostly the second half was a complete joy to watch.

If you had said heck beat him tactically today I would obviously agree.
    Last edited by dmc1875; 21-04-2019 at 03:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post
    I would suggest he bossed our previous manager today and schooled him tactical wise
    Listened to radio Scotland after the game and they said Lennon’s tactics were to deploy wingers and get crosses into the box. The same as he did here with Boyle. I think Lennon is a bit of a dinosaur in that he has beliefs and sticks to them. Heckingbottom seems to adapt to suit every game and changes it during he games. I’d def agree that Heckingbottom schooled Lennon today

First Team Breakthrough
    dmc 1875 I agree about the second half of last season but in truth Hecky is miles ahead of him both tactically and also in management skills

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Listened to radio Scotland after the game and they said Lennon’s tactics were to deploy wingers and get crosses into the box. The same as he did here with Boyle. I think Lennon is a bit of a dinosaur in that he has beliefs and sticks to them. Heckingbottom seems to adapt to suit every game and changes it during he games. I’d def agree that Heckingbottom schooled Lennon today
    I believe the big difference is that PH is keen to study and improve, both himself and the players, our previous boss thinks he knows it all.
    The players are buying into the philosophy that PH is bringing in and you can see that on the pitch.
    our previous boss tried to bully and criticise them , and no one will respond positively to that.
    Last edited by ozwoody; 21-04-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Lennon is a wee arse. Having a go at Mallan when he won the ball against lustig. Any hibs fans still with their tounges up his arse need to get a grip.

The great thing is that since Hecky came in every game has been a pressure game. To start with it was to win to stop us sliding further down the league. Then it was to ensure top 6. Then overhaul Hearts. And now to chased down Kilmarnock and a potential European spot. He has coped with it all.

The team seems to be set up more professionally and more tactically aware. In a short space of time he has improved the team quite dramatically. I think part of that is that the squad was better than Lennon had us playing so Heckingbottom just tapped into that. But also he seems to be a better fit for Hibs. We will never be able to buy in ready made quality players. It will be about bringing some players through the youth set up, picking up potential quality from lower league or reserve teams and occasionally signing the odd top class older player who is stepping down a level.

I suspect Heckingbottom will be better at promoting youth, we have a good recruitment set up for picking up the rough diamonds and PH can polish them into class players. And I even think that he will be able to handle the older players without making it a personality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Looks to me that the team is more organised under Hecky. And when he gets wee Tam and Boyler back he'll have even more options.

And then Scotty in next season. Feeling positive!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Then he F ucked itup
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I can see a shed load of season tickets being sold again. Leeann has unearthed a gem.

Heck means business all right.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I can see a shed load of season tickets being sold again. Leeann has unearthed a gem.
    Should get her involved in recruiting players also!

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Should get her involved in recruiting players also!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Lennon is a wee arse. Having a go at Mallan when he won the ball against lustig. Any hibs fans still with their tounges up his arse need to get a grip.
    Oh no. I hope Mallan was OK and that no swearing was used.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Lennon has a good run of 13 games last season. Prior to that was pretty dire requiring us to bring in Allan, McLaren and Kamberi.

@hibs.net private member
    Heckingbottom is managing to get as many points with the unbalanced, out of form and mismanaged squad he walked into as Lennon has since he joined a team miles ahead in the league, playing lovely football to that point and having won the last 7 domestic trophies on the bounce. Heckingbottom is a good bit ahead of Lennon when it comes to setting a team up and getting them playing for each other from the evidence so far and the success Lennon had towards the end of last season came from happening across a formula and managing to avoid messing with it for a while. When he did tinker at Tynecastle he made things worse. Heck has us solid and organised and hopefully he can expand on that when he gets players in over the summer. He has done incredibly well in his short tenure so far and I suspect he won't be here for longer than a couple of seasons as he will move on to bigger things down south.