hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Falkirk and the Dundee clubs.

Who would have thought that we could have Falkirk in div 1 and the two Dundee teams in the Championship. Falkirk have Dundee Utd away and ross County At home so their situation looks desperate. Dundee look doomed and I wouldn't back Utd to come through the play offs.Although its a huge Girfuy to all three teams am I wrong to think the spl would be better with at least the two Dundee teams in it. I'd love dunfermline to come up as that is always my fav away game. BTW Houston,nae luck.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Don't know what has happened to Falkirk to collapse so badly.

Dundee United seem to have found some form though they looked awful against Ayr. They might sneak through the playoffs. A lot will depend on who the premiership team is.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know what has happened to Falkirk to collapse so badly.

Dundee United seem to have found some form though they looked awful against Ayr. They might sneak through the playoffs. A lot will depend on who the premiership team is.
    I know a Falkirk fan who puts their current season woes down to Paul Hartley. He says he was an atrocious manager for them.

No lose situation TBH I’ve got some good Falkirk pals and then some divets I work with.. hence I’m enjoying this week 😊

I went to the Falkirk game yesterday with my brother in law who is a season ticket holder there. They were very poor and can’t see them getting anything next 2 games. Only hope they have is Ross County put out a weakened team last game but wouldn’t bet on them if that the case.

Falkirk shot themselves in the foot scrapping their excellent youth system to concentrate on promotion. Signed too many journeymen on decent money that obviously weren't that bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Falkirk shot themselves in the foot scrapping their excellent youth system to concentrate on promotion. Signed too many journeymen on decent money that obviously weren't that bothered.
    One of the most bizarre decisions ever. They were hailed for their great youth system.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    One of the most bizarre decisions ever. They were hailed for their great youth system.
    Yeah some really decent players came through there

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's a real shame, since Houston left and we were promoted I've been happy for my local team to do well.

At least there might be a local derby with Stenhousemuir!

@hibs.net private member
    Hate falkirk due to their fans being wee fanny's.
    Dundee United laughed at us for being in the championship, nae luck.
    No opinion on Dundee...

However would rather have Dundee in the league then Hamilton or livi.

Would like to see Ayr in the league, Ayrshire derby's are worse then old firm and I'm very surprised Ayr haven't actually came up... Bigger town then killie... Although their fans are mini rangers.

I work up in Dundee. The city would get a huge boost if both clubs were doing well. Pretty depressing for them at the moment.

Falkirk are mini Yams who gave punched above their weight for years. Now they have no Hibs to play, they’re in freefall, and glad to see it. Just like their big brothers, without Hibs they are nothing. DFC and DUFC should have merged long before now and are paying the price. Shame for DUFC.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Falkirk are mini Yams who gave punched above their weight for years. Now they have no Hibs to play, they’re in freefall, and glad to see it. Just like their big brothers, without Hibs they are nothing. DFC and DUFC should have merged long before now and are paying the price. Shame for DUFC.
    Really? Many looking in from the outside think Hibs & Hearts should merge to challenge the OF! Don’t really care about the Dundee clubs but wouldn’t want to see anyone’s football club destroyed (except the OF). Do agree that either or both Dundee clubs would be a better addition to the league than Hamilton or Livingston

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Don’t give a monkeys about Falkirk, but I like away days in Dundee and when they are doing well, both clubs have a decent support. Mind you if Utd stay down and Dundee are relegated, there will be some tasty derby’s On tayside.

Morton must have SO enjoyed that 2-0 win over Falkirk yesterday 😆

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully liquidation for Falkirk in the next few years.

Really pleased to see them struggle. Back to back relegations would please me no end if they end up in Div 2.

Horrible, horrible club and fans.

No time for them at all ever since the Freeland match. They really thought they were something. That loudmouth Houston just exacerbated it for me.

Good riddance.

Crazy for Dundee to have 2 team. And Falkirk is a tony wee town too.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Who would have thought that we could have Falkirk in div 1 and the two Dundee teams in the Championship. Falkirk have Dundee Utd away and ross County At home so their situation looks desperate. Dundee look doomed and I wouldn't back Utd to come through the play offs.Although its a huge Girfuy to all three teams am I wrong to think the spl would be better with at least the two Dundee teams in it. I'd love dunfermline to come up as that is always my fav away game. BTW Houston,nae luck.
    Don’t give a toss about Falkirk but would like both Dundee teams to be in the Premier next season, unfortunately can’t see it happening, as for Dunfermline, yes I love that away game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Crazy for Dundee to have 2 team. And Falkirk is a tony wee town too.
    They way forward for the Dundee teams is to share a stadium having 2 next to each other is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    While their youth system was producing good players, they weren't making enough from transfer fees to cover the costs. Livingston came to the same conclusion.

**** Falkirk. Hope they tumble down the league's. Way they behaved in games between us was shocking. Keating's goal to all but promote us and sink them one of my favourite ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    **** Falkirk. Hope they tumble down the league's. Way they behaved in games between us was shocking. Keating's goal to all but promote us and sink them one of my favourite ever.
    Oh aye. When keats talked about it and they said he's all left foot before he spanked it right footed top bag. Oooft.

Their number 9 Carl mchugh is possibly the biggest prick in Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Oh aye. When keats talked about it and they said he's all left foot before he spanked it right footed top bag. Oooft.

Their number 9 Carl mchugh is possibly the biggest prick in Scottish football.
    Carl McHugh plays for Motherwell and has never played for Falkirk. Bob McHugh used to play for Falkirk but left them to join Morton two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Carl McHugh plays for Motherwell and has never played for Falkirk. Bob McHugh used to play for Falkirk but left them to join Morton two years ago.
    Bob mchugh is the one I'm thinking of. He was their number 9 wasn't he? Pucking frick.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Bob mchugh is the one I'm thinking of. He was their number 9 wasn't he? Pucking frick.
    Do you not mean John Baird he was number 9 when we played them.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Each to their own but a Hibs fan (did you live through the takeover bid?) wishing a team a team liquidated (perhaps other than Hearts) liquidated probably means you either didn’t go through the possibility of losing your team or maybe you just forgot...?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    never understand why a bit of football competition leads to people wanting this nonsense......small minded view...good community club
    Last edited by bigwheel; 22-04-2019 at 08:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    never understand why a bit of football competition leads to people wanting this nonsense......small minded view...good community club
    Yep and makes for a cracking game with all that recent history. I'd love us to be playing Falkirk again and give them a right doing.

If some on here had their way with the clamour for clubs to go under we'd end up with about half a dozen clubs left in Scotland.

First things first …. Anybody wishing liquidation on a club, even Falkirk, needs to get a grip, no real football fan should wish that on another supporter

As for suggestions that the two Dundee teams should merge …. who is going to replace the missing team and bring the same sort of support, the only candidate I can think of is Dunfermline, but I would like to see them competing alongside both Dundee teams, not instead of one. It should also be remembered that this country only has five genuine derby matches, if you include Ayr v Killie and St Mirren v Morton* … why would anybody want to see the back of one of them?

I've said it on other threads on this subject, this is the biggest reason for me why the league should be expanded to at least 14 teams …. we need to lessen the risk that clubs like Dundee, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline are left in the wilderness for so long that their very survival as full time clubs is put at risk ….. Look at the impact the return of Hibs has had on the premiership, we are directly responsible for the leagues average crowds going up, but it could so very easily have gone the other way if we had failed to gain promotion two seasons ago, I dread to think where we would be now if that hadn't happened.

What a season it would be if we had a league like this:

Hibernian
    Heart of Midlothian
    Aberdeen
    Celtic
    The Rangers
    Dundee
    Dundee United
    Motherwell
    Dunfermline
    Kilmarnock
    Ayr United
    St Mirren

* I appreciate there are others like Partick Thistle v either Ugly sister or Ross County v ICT … but for all that its billed as a derby I'll wait for ICT or Ross County to sell out one of their modest stadiums for the fixture before I accept it really is one.

Anyway, when it comes to the original point the sooner both Dundee teams are back in the top league the better I'll like it