hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Need to win today & take it from there. Lose today & it’s 5th or 6th.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably fairly realistic but most likely wouldn't be enough for 4th

If we do it it would be a ridiculous turnaround but I think we're maybe getting ahead of ourselves a wee bit, probably just left ourselves a wee bit too much to do

I think we will finish in the position we are in just now. Even if we somehow managed a point today that would be decent. Would mean that even if we lose to Hearts next week they couldn't go above us, just level on points with us having a better goal difference.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post

If we win today it will be a massive result but I can't see it unfortunately. Celtic want the league wrapped up asap and while they cant win it today they need to win todays game so they can win it next week v Kilmarnock. Knowing Celtic they'll hang it out until they can win it at Ibrox.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    4th place is in our hands now. No reason why we can’t do it.

You do realise you've just opened a massive can of worms with the use of that phrase?

You have no idea how Anal some people can be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    I don’t think a loss today rules us out of fourth.

Killie will lose at Parkhead next week, if we can win against Hearts we’ll be three points off them with three to play. We’d still have a chance.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I think for most of the teams, any points v Celtic is deemed a bonus, so even if we lose today its not the end of the world.

For me it is pretty straightforward - we need to win versus those in immediate contention for 4th (Killie and Hearts) and try to take something from Rangers and Celtic matches.

If we do that, and Killie and Hearts lose a couple on the bounce - we are into the last match v Aberdeen with the potential that a win or draw gives us 4th.................and, I watched a lot of that Hearts Rangers game, they are awful - Celtic will need a collapse of monumental proportions to lose that cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think we will finish in the position we are in just now. Even if we somehow managed a point today that would be decent. Would mean that even if we lose to Hearts next week they couldn't go above us, just level on points with us having a better goal difference.
    For once I find myself agreeing with you HC...think we are all getting a bit ahead of ourselves...5th would be an excellent achievement given where we were when Hecky took the wheel?? Very unrealistic chance of 4th imo but cant see it myself. I will be happy with 5th and finishing about the Sept League champions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    For once I find myself agreeing with you HC...think we are all getting a bit ahead of ourselves...5th would be an excellent achievement given where we were when Hecky took the wheel?? Very unrealistic chance of 4th imo but cant see it myself. I will be happy with 5th and finishing about the Sept League champions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    A lot of folk said top six was unachievable and we finished in 5th place. Let's just take it one game at a time.

Killi go to Celtic Park next week before we play Hearts at ER. That will hopefully reduce the gap, I'd give it a 50/50 chance whether we have 4th to fight for the last game of the season or not.