hibs.net Messageboard

Page 85 of 484 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hibs should make a bid for Turnbull now that Celtic have pulled out. If the lad genuinely wants a move for football reasons and not money then Hibs could put together a deal that could see him get the right move eventually like McGinn.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs should make a bid for Turnbull now that Celtic have pulled out. If the lad genuinely wants a move for football reasons and not money then Hibs could put together a deal that could see him get the right move eventually like McGinn.
    The only issue being Well's 3m valuation...

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Celtic will have pulled out because another club will look like they've pulled ahead and Lawell wants to make it look like they've been decisive.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    And 20k a week 😂😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Hibs had a valuation of McGinn. Playing the long game we will get it eventually.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Wonder what the actual reasons are for the move collapsing?

Be interesting to see where he ends up

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Did they reply?

Nope, who ever runs it just spouts nonsense, there's a lot of crappy fan sites on twitter, like most rumour sites, I take them all with a pinch of salt. Jackson was a player mentioned and has a connection to Hecky but the Newell signing was right out the blue, not one rumour or mention of him, which shows not everyone is ITK.

meanwhile in the real world.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    meanwhile in the real world.....
    Not suggesting we offer £3m and £20k a week.

However you can load a deal in such a way that Motherwell get massive sell ons and the player pretty much gets guaranteed first team football, a decent wage increase and a potential big move in the future.

If the player is genuine about not going to Celtic for football reasons and has a good head on his shoulders it might be a wise move. If he only wants money he will head South for the biggest offer. We aren’t talking about a 30 year old Champions league winner we are talking about a young lad who had a decent first season at bottom six Motherwell.

Worth asking. If we don’t Aberdeen or Hearts might.

However you can load a deal in such a way that Motherwell get massive sell ons and the player pretty much gets guaranteed first team football, a decent wage increase and a potential big move in the future.

If the player is genuine about not going to Celtic for football reasons and has a good head on his shoulders it might be a wise move. If he only wants money he will head South for the biggest offer. We aren’t talking about a 30 year old Champions league winner we are talking about a young lad who had a decent first season at bottom six Motherwell.

Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts together could maybe make an offer Motherwell would accept. They have no reason to sell.

Shaun Byrne has just signed for Dundee. That's a fantastic bit of business for Dundee.

Livingston will have some rebuilding job on their hands

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Shaun Byrne has just signed for Dundee. That's a fantastic bit of business for Dundee.

Livingston will have some rebuilding job on their hands
    I thought he looked really good for Livi at the start of the season but seems to have dropped out the team at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought he looked really good for Livi at the start of the season but seems to have dropped out the team at the end.
    Will be fantastic for Dundee in the Championship. I'm sure there was paper talk about us being interested in him in January past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts together could maybe make an offer Motherwell would accept. They have no reason to sell.
    Yeah I agree it is very unlikely. The only barometer I have is that we somehow managed to sign John McGinn whilst we were in the Championship.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

No chance. We will just be wasting our time bidding for a player that Motherwell have made clear that they want £3M for which we cannot afford.

They rejected £2M from Barnsley for him last week.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If all the Scottish Premiership clubs outside Glasgow put in a combined offer for Turnbull and offered to share him on a weekly basis that might work. We would hopefully get a few good games out of him.

@hibs.net private member
    It never ceases to amaze me how utterly detached some people are from reality.🙄

Testimonial Due
    Genuinely not sure if this is a wind up....

Turnbull has it all to prove for me. Very good half a season - goalscoring anyway. Be interesting to see how he develops.
    Never watched Motherwell and thought who is this boy running the show that looked a 3 million pound player. Though I did find myself thinking is that Turnbull scored again! Maybe will be a superstar just think he is being judged a hell of an early. Personally thought Hastie looked the better of the 2. Time will tell all.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Yeah kinda what I was thinking, just didn’t wanna **** all over the guys pipe dream

@hibs.net private member
    Didn't we put a bid in for Naismith a few years back to put the price up for oldco.... Pretty sure we wouldn't have been able to match them back then...

Hey we can all dream of better things. Sometimes we need additional help though.......

Yeah I agree it is very unlikely. The only barometer I have is that we somehow managed to sign John McGinn whilst we were in the Championship.
    He was out of contract at a relegated club and was suing them? Little bit different.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Didn't we put a bid in for Naismith a few years back to put the price up for oldco.... Pretty sure we wouldn't have been able to match them back then...

I personally cannot remember that.

Unless very unlikely Motherwell significantly drop their value for Turnbull that ends up being within our budget, then yes we might as well enquire but they have stated publicly the figure that they want - £3M.

They rejected bids of around £2M for him last week. We cannot afford even half of that.

We are just going to look silly and wasting our time going for a player that we can’t afford.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I personally cannot remember that.

Unless very unlikely Motherwell significantly drop their value for Turnbull that ends up being within our budget, then yes we might as well enquire but they have stated publicly the figure that they want - £3M.

They rejected bids of around £2M for him last week. We cannot afford even half of that.

We are just going to look silly and wasting our time going for a player that we can’t afford.
    Jefferies confirmed that Kilmarnock have rejected a fourth bid from Rangers for Naismith, while Hibs made an offer in the region of 750,000 for the player which was also turned down.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ected-1-907940
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    There was talk of us having put in a bid of over £1m I’m sure. As people pointed out though we were never going to pay the wages that go with it. Seemed more like posturing and an attempt to make it look like we were going to reinvest more into the playing side than we did (not that there was anything wrong with spending the money the way that we did btw).

Sure John Collins wanted to sign him. I think this was even before the old rangers had him in their sights, sure we were quoted around 500k

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Sure John Collins wanted to sign him. I think this was even before the old rangers had him in their sights, sure we were quoted around 500k
    Collins wanted to sign him on the back of the money that came in for Brown Thompson and Fletcher, in hindsight Collins wanted the money for the right reasons, as it would have been a fantastic bit of business back then.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Intrigued by the Newell signing - although the opinions of the Rotherham fans that I’d read were very positive, it was mentioned more than once that defending is completely alien to him. I didn’t think that Heckingbottom would make allowances for such a player.

Yet I’m sure I read PH say that he’d seen him play at wingback before, which is a position that is 50% defending. I know he’ll obviously look to develop him further, but surely he can’t be as lazy as has been suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Intrigued by the Newell signing - although the opinions of the Rotherham fans that I’d read were very positive, it was mentioned more than once that defending is completely alien to him. I didn’t think that Heckingbottom would make allowances for such a player.

Yet I’m sure I read PH say that he’d seen him play at wingback before, which is a position that is 50% defending. I know he’ll obviously look to develop him further, but surely he can’t be as lazy as has been suggested?
    I mean, the same could've been said for Allan at one point. He was certainly going it in his last spell. Players develope under different managers and systems.