hibs.net Messageboard

Page 79 of 484 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly you know, or have been told that they are being greedy? I'd suggest they perhaps have other interested parties, or have reservations about signing, maybe want to keep options open? Who knows?

Whatever the outcome, I hope that a fine Scottish talent finds the right club and progresses.

To suggest you would like to see him fail based on speculation is quite harsh IMO.
    No I don't know and haven't been told. Just surmising from reading the pieces in the media. These stories might be true or false or somewhere inbetween. From what is in the media I'm saying it sounds like he or his agent or both are being greedy. It seems that way. Of course it might not be that way.
    I don't want a young scottish talent to fail. I'm just saying if he didn't make it and ended up never earning a big move/big bucks it would serve him right if he had indeed been greedy. Time will tell if he has made a good decision.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Clearly you know, or have been told that they are being greedy? I'd suggest they perhaps have other interested parties, or have reservations about signing, maybe want to keep options open? Who knows?

Whatever the outcome, I hope that a fine Scottish talent finds the right club and progresses.

To suggest you would like to see him fail based on speculation is quite harsh IMO.
    I'm with you on this. If the figure of £4k is correct then he'll be Celtc's lowest paid 1st team player by a long way. That suggests to me he's not in Celtc's short term plans but is being bought as an investment. An average Championship team will pay him double that money. The boy has every right to either look for more money or expect to be playing each week. I don't see that as being greedy, more realistic.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm with you on this. If the figure of £4k is correct then he'll be Celtc's lowest paid 1st team player by a long way. That suggests to me he's not in Celtc's short term plans but is being bought as an investment. An average Championship team will pay him double that money. The boy has every right to either look for more money or expect to be playing each week. I don't see that as being greedy, more realistic.
    You reckon Bain will be on more than 4k?

The paper I read yesterday reported Turnbull's offer was £12k per week. I find that a lot more believable than 4K. Absolutely no chance he was offered that low a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The paper I read yesterday reported Turnbull's offer was £12k per week. I find that a lot more believable than 4K. Absolutely no chance he was offered that low a wage.
    I think £12,000 is excessive, particularly for a player in the very early stages of his career, I dont know much about the player but celtc will know what level he is at and where he would fit in. £4000 could be more plausible and would be more a more manageable risk should Turnbull fail to make it into a regular starting berth, no doubt that lower figure could have various financial attachments/bonuses added to it.

Or as suggested elsewhere on this thread, he may have had his head turned by some English championship club who have a lot of money sloshing around 😆

Sky sports news are reporting Sheffield Wednesday are lining up a bid for him. So every chance he has had his head turned

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I think £12,000 is excessive, particularly for a player in the very early stages of his career, I dont know much about the player but celtc will know what level he is at and where he would fit in. £4000 could be more plausible and would be more a more manageable risk should Turnbull fail to make it into a regular starting berth, no doubt that lower figure could have various financial attachments/bonuses added to it.

Or as suggested elsewhere on this thread, he may have had his head turned by some English championship club who have a lot of money sloshing around 😆
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ages-van-dijk/

The Sun reporting he was offered more than Van Dijk started on at Celtic and Turnbull's agent is asking for £20,000 per week. I know the newspapers are not always correct but I'd be more inclined to believe he was offered £12,000 a week than £4,000.

John McGinn has written the blue print for any future good young Scottish lads wanting to go far in the game. First off, knock the bevvy sessions and late nights on the head and do everything right. Also don’t jump ship too early, establish yourself at club level and hopefully international level. If your good enough, you’ll make the big money. For me the best thing this lad could do is play another year at Motherwell, that’s not going to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    No I don't know and haven't been told. Just surmising from reading the pieces in the media. These stories might be true or false or somewhere inbetween. From what is in the media I'm saying it sounds like he or his agent or both are being greedy. It seems that way. Of course it might not be that way.
    I don't want a young scottish talent to fail. I'm just saying if he didn't make it and ended up never earning a big move/big bucks it would serve him right if he had indeed been greedy. Time will tell if he has made a good decision.
    Wasn't it made out that we were being greedy over McGinn's transfer fee? That we should accept Celtics generous offer for a man who will likely be a squad player at Celtic?

Now we are expected to believe that Turnbull and his agent are being greedy.

The common theme is Celtic and their penny pinching.

Perhaps Turnbull and his agent know what a 3m pound player gets paid and want something close to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Wasn't it made out that we were being greedy over McGinn's transfer fee? That we should accept Celtics generous offer for a man who will likely be a squad player at Celtic?

Perhaps Turnbull and his agent know what a 3m pound player gets paid and want something close to that?
    Aye but its not really like that though is it, celtc probably dont value the player at £3m, its Motherwell and his agent who are putting the price on Turnbulls head, if celtc are desperate to sign him then they will have to pay over the odds. If they do succeed then no doubt they will inflate his value too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    First tam goalie would be amazed if he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

McGinn had proven himself over a number of seasons, in big matches and was a full internationalist - I don't think anyone outside of Celtic fantasists were claiming greed. He had proven his worth.
    If Motherwell had turned down 3 million on the basis they valued him at 5 million I don't see as being greedy either.
    If he ends up getting £12+ or £20k a week then fair play to him. All in all I hope he makes a succes of himself.
    If it transpires his goals and form aren't repeated and he turned out to be a flash in the pan he will only have himself to blame. For what it's worth with championship teams hovering no doubt he can make his seemingly self appointed worth of a wage.

Maybe it's the ridiculous wages that top footballers get that grates with me. Maybe it's that some think they are worth it. Maybe footballers wages the world over should be capped at a certain level and the billions of excess can be used in our health, education, poverty etc

I'm not looking to start a debate or get political. We live in a world where 1 man won't be able to get enough food from a foodbank and another man pockets £100,000 a week whilst complaining of having to force pasta down his neck at 9 in the morning for a lunchtime kick off.

Anyway I digress. It's a short career for footballers if Turnbull thinks he is worth a fortune then good luck to him.
    If he turns away a gravy boat and lands in a bigger gravy boat he will have done well for himself. If he misses the gravy boat all together through holding out for a bigger fortune than on offer he won't get any sympathy from me and I would think, 'well serves you right'.

All in all, it's probably because I'm jealous really. That and getting older and grumpier.

As someone else coined it, I would gladly force pasta up my arse for £100,000 a week!

So..... who are Hibs signing?

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Sky sports news are reporting Sheffield Wednesday are lining up a bid for him. So every chance he has had his head turned
    Love island style

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Probably, but in any event Bain's transfer & subsequent promotion were in exceptional circumstances. Celtc didn't pay £3m for Bain.
    Anyway, I'm sure you understood the gist of my comment.

Blog Entries
    The truth is probably in the middle. £12k a week would mean Celtc would pay out a total of £5m if DT has a 3 year contract. I don't find that believable either.

The paper will be reporting what Celtc want it to say to their fans.

I think it was reported recently that the average wage at Celtc was £800k pa ie £16k per week. £12k would seem reasonable if they're signing 19 year old Turnbull to be a regular starter but not if he's a squad player which, based on their current midfield, would be their intention prior to him earning a place. So I'd guess that they've offered a lower starting wage with good appearance money and automatic increases after a certain number of games to get to £12k.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The paper will be reporting what Celtc want it to say to their fans.

I think it was reported recently that the average wage at Celtc was £800k pa ie £16k per week. £12k would seem reasonable if they're signing 19 year old Turnbull to be a regular starter but not if he's a squad player which, based on their current midfield, would be their intention prior to him earning a place. So I'd guess that they've offered a lower starting wage with good appearance money and automatic increases after a certain number of games to get to £12k.

DT has his own thread on this site although goodness knows why!
    Can we please have some discussion about Hibs transfer business on this thread.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1620 View Post
    Good idea

You go first

Quote Originally Posted by 1620 View Post
    Sounds great.

What Hibs transfer rumour would you like to discuss?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Hibs transfer news....

Cool

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

With everybody back on Thursday might we assume that the club will remain pretty quiet about any and all speculation until then?

It'll be great to see Allan, Boyle and Porteous back at HTC.

Left by mutual consent!
    McNulty next week. He’s not returning to Reading pre-season.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Great stuff

@hibs.net private member
    Good news, a few more in soon please... all this early activity is just more kindling to the takeover fire too

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Would be surprising if he comes in this early. Is he set on coming back here or no other offers?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Would be surprising if he comes in this early. Is he set on coming back here or no other offers?
    He wants back up the road. Reading have made clear he’s not part of the plans, I think he will be released.

He wants back up the road. Reading have made clear he’s not part of the plans, I think he will be released.
    with 3 years left on a good contract thatll be some pay off.
    Last edited by Gmack7; 16-06-2019 at 10:46 AM.

If we were discussing paying a fee for him in January, as was reported, to make it a permanent move back then I should think Reading will be after a transfer fee and not release him?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    with 3 years left on a good contract thatll be some oay off.
    I know. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t want to loan him out or sell for a nominal fee with a pay off and a sale percentage clause. He’s not back for pre-season 100% though.

You were bang on the money re McNulty last time so fingers crossed it's the same this time round!