hibs.net Messageboard

Page 63 of 484 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 14514
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mentioned Conor Washington earlier in the thread... just had a brilliant game for N Ireland... just released bud sheff utd... we should be attempting to sign this type of player.
    Aye but it was his first goal for 30 games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Aye but it was his first goal for 30 games.
    Will fit in well over there with that kind of strike rate

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    I hate posting any ‘itk stuff’ but 500k would be enough as the player gets anything over this amount.
    That would be horrendous from Hibs if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. He might have a 500k release clause, bit there's no chance Kamberi personally gets anything over 500k. Even if the clause existed, no one would bid over 500k and therefore he would get nothing extra.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Summer 2019 transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. He might have a 500k release clause, bit there's no chance Kamberi personally gets anything over 500k. Even if the clause existed, no one would bid over 500k and therefore he would get nothing extra.
    And again, even if someone did, say a £3m offer comes in after a cracking season - he’s gonna walk away with £2.5m? Can’t see it.

I know Hibs are a bit more creative these days in getting deals done, as SJM and Rocky have shown, so maybe he gets a good percentage once it’s over £500k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's true alright got told the same from someone inside East mains

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    I hate posting any ‘itk stuff’ but 500k would be enough as the player gets anything over this amount.
    No he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonsboots View Post
    It's not true.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Sadly, I don’t think there is much chance of Allan (or anyone of that ilk) playing centrally under Heckingbottom. I actually have a bad feeling about Allan being signed. I don’t see how he fits into formations Heckingbottom prefers (that isn’t a dig at PH btw). I also have a feeling Heckingbottom would rather we hadn’t extended the contracts of Gray and McGregor from some of his comments.
    Looks to me he is going to play 4-2-3-1 so Scott Allan fits perfectly in the number 10 role. If you have a bad feeling about us signing Scott Allan you must need 24 hour supervision during most transfer windows. What a totally bizarre thing to say.

I don't think I'd believe it if Leeann told me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Sadly, I don’t think there is much chance of Allan (or anyone of that ilk) playing centrally under Heckingbottom. I actually have a bad feeling about Allan being signed. I don’t see how he fits into formations Heckingbottom prefers (that isn’t a dig at PH btw). I also have a feeling Heckingbottom would rather we hadn’t extended the contracts of Gray and McGregor from some of his comments.
    He fits perfectly into the 4231 he's been playing most of the time.

Why would any club pay more than £500,000?

The whole point of any transfer fee is to obtain the registration of the player. Hibs get only £500,000 no matter the fee (if above that). No one is going to pay more than that.

Kamberi has no say in the matter. So, the way the structure of the deal has been described makes no whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin07 View Post
    Looks to me he is going to play 4-2-3-1 so Scott Allan fits perfectly in the number 10 role. If you have a bad feeling about us signing Scott Allan you must need 24 hour supervision during most transfer windows. What a totally bizarre thing to say.
    That's the way I'd think we'd play next season. Very popular system and would suit the type of player we have and Heckingbottom wants to bring in. Allan fits in very well to that system as does the likes of Boyle and Mallan

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

The whole point of any transfer fee is to obtain the registration of the player. Hibs get only £500,000 no matter the fee (if above that). No one is going to pay more than that.

Kamberi has no say in the matter. So, the way the structure of the deal has been described makes no whatsoever.
    I don't beleive the rumour for a second..however Kamberi WOULD have a say, Hibs can't sell him unless he is happy to leave. So he could stall any deal unless he is happy with his wages, conditions etc etc and in the case of this rumour he could stall if the purchase price isn't high enough. If there IS any truth in it, then I suspect it will be % of fee above £500,000...NOT the entire fee.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    That's the way I'd think we'd play next season. Very popular system and would suit the type of player we have and Heckingbottom wants to bring in. Allan fits in very well to that system as does the likes of Boyle and Mallan
    To play that way I think it would need to be either Allan or Mallan but both play that number 10 role well (obviously Allan would be my preference for that role).

Yes, it suits Boyle nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    To play that way I think it would need to be either Allan or Mallan but both play that number 10 role well (obviously Allan would be my preference for that role).

Mallan wouldnt play a 10 roll with the players we have at the moment it would be Allan, Horgan and Boyle. Mallan would be a deep lying playmaker,

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Mallan wouldnt play a 10 roll with the players we have at the moment it would be Allan, Horgan and Boyle. Mallan would be a deep lying playmaker,

I agree that I can see Mallan playing as a deep lying playmaker but I wouldn’t be surprised if Hecky did play Mallan at 10 if Allan & Horgan were unavailable. Boyle will play on the right of our attack. I personally can’t see Boyle playing central unless we are playing 3 at the back with Gray/new RB at wingback and Boyle partnering the striker.

Mallan is never going to start as 10 over Allan. He'll be one of the deeper 2. Mallan isn't quick enough, skillful enough or a good enough dribbler to play there. His skills are much better suited to central midfield.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Not saying you’ve not been told that, however two people repeating the same rumour does not make it true.

Mallan is never going to start as 10 over Allan. He'll be one of the deeper 2. Mallan isn't quick enough, skillful enough or a good enough dribbler to play there. His skills are much better suited to central midfield.
    I just don't rate him deeper.

Yes, he's had decent games there (the odd very good one) but he's far too inconsistent deeper and I think teams will find him out very quickly.

He's got a decent pass on him and his shooting is outstanding. I'd see us making the most of his attributes in that position rather than anywhere else.

Mallan is nowhere near as good as Allan there though.

My point was that I can't see us having an effective team unit with both Allan and Mallan in it. We'd get murdered defensively. It's one or the other of those two, and if we've seen fit to get rid of Milligan then I'd imagine the players coming in will be physical and mobile.

@hibs.net private member
    I just don't rate him deeper.

Yes, he's had decent games there (the odd very good one) but he's far too inconsistent deeper and I think teams will find him out very quickly.

He's got a decent pass on him and his shooting is outstanding. I'd see us making the most of his attributes in that position rather than anywhere else.

Mallan is nowhere near as good as Allan there though.

My point was that I can't see us having an effective team unit with both Allan and Mallan in it. We'd get murdered defensively. It's one or the other of those two, and if we've seen fit to get rid of Milligan then I'd imagine the players coming in will be physical and mobile.
    I was one of mallans biggest critics under lennon but i am happy to admit that he has improved under heck. I think there is a place for him in the deeper role in some games, particularly in games where teams will sit in.

I am hoping to see 2 new centre mids come into the club. One as a high earner, starter every week, who has drive and energy about them, a mcginn type although of course not at his level. I also expect another to come in who is perhaps more defensive minded and has a bit of height, but still got the legs to get about the park. Anticipating playing 4231 with the more defensive mid, mallan and allan to be the main contenders for the second deeper position and the no 10. We then have others, slivka, horgan, murray to also fill in when required.

Hoping for another winger to compete with horgan and boyle for the wide places with murray and mackie as further back up.

Up top id take mcnulty back and another striker with a bit more physical presence. I dont think main would have been as bad a signing as some on here think and someone similar would be good. Also gives us the option of both up front in a 442 some games. That would leave kamberi as third choice although if he can capture his first 6 months form he would be competing for a start. I have a feeling tho that kamberi will be moved on and the new wide player we bring in will have the ability to also play up front, leaving shaw as the fourth choice.

Defensively, only a new right back required, one who will compete or even go into the team ahead of gray.

And the key thing for all is that the ones coming in are as good or better than what we have, as we should have some money behind us.

I am not expecting much!!

Summer 2019 transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I agree that I can see Mallan playing as a deep lying playmaker but I wouldn’t be surprised if Hecky did play Mallan at 10 if Allan & Horgan were unavailable. Boyle will play on the right of our attack. I personally can’t see Boyle playing central unless we are playing 3 at the back with Gray/new RB at wingback and Boyle partnering the striker.
    Boyle isn’t as effective played Centrally and isn’t an instinctive goal scorer
    So hope Heck starts out to keep players in their best positions and bring in other quality players in the positions we need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mallan has been very comfortable playing the deeper role, we need someone with energy to do the hard dirty work beside him, this frees up Allan to link with the striker and Mallan to either move forward or stay back if needed. 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/4-1-4-1 all pretty much act as the same depending on attacking or defending and needs players to know their roles, hence why Heckingbottom wants players in early to start working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Mallan has been very comfortable playing the deeper role, we need someone with energy to do the hard dirty work beside him, this frees up Allan to link with the striker and Mallan to either move forward or stay back if needed. 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/4-1-4-1 all pretty much act as the same depending on attacking or defending and needs players to know their roles, hence why Heckingbottom wants players in early to start working with them.
    I am hoping we have a fluid system that can be adapted during games or for specific matches.

We do need another winger, two forwards, another central midfielder at the very least, and possible another goalkeeper or two if rocky leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

He does have a say in that he can refuse to sign for the buying club, but other than that you're right - it makes no sense. Anything paid to Kamberi would be a signing on fee rather than a transfer fee and Hibs would have no say in that part of the negotiation.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/terracetalkhq/st...219044865?s=21

No idea how reliable that twitter page is?

In case the links not working it’s saying we’re signing young Romanian midfielder Alex Dobre from Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

In case the links not working it’s saying we’re signing young Romanian midfielder Alex Dobre from Bournemouth.
    563 followers makes you wonder

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    563 followers makes you wonder
    Ah good spot.....

Imagine more than the odd fake rumour will be made up to increase their followers.

Doubt Leeann would allow this guy to sign. We have enough problems with pyrotechnics without him bringing more.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

https://fmdataba.com/19/p/3435/mihai-dobre/

Looks like a winger/striker so could be what's needed, if that account isn't making stuff up.