hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 484 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realise the Coutts and Dundalk player rumours were posted on a transfer rumour page, however is it any different to someone posting s rumour on here?

FWIW I don’t think we stand a chance with Coutts, if he moves back to Scotland it will be to Aberdeen.
    I’d never heard of him until someone mentioned him on here earlier, surprised to see he’s a Scottish guy that’s had a decent career in England without getting a call up.

The people on that transfer rumour page don’t post rumours, they make them up. I think it’s based on who people sign on Football manager but either way it’s always bollocks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Yup. He’s the new Jamie Cureton.
    I miss being able to wheel out a Babylon pun every year when we're linked with David Gray.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I miss being able to wheel out a Babylon pun every year when we're linked with David Gray.
    This years love for puns will be over some other player unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burns View Post
    Aberdeen have better corporate hospitality / commercial deals than Hibs

Advantages of being a one city club

Well, you have Cove now I suppose
    Just not true. I say that as someone whose company was involved in sponsorship of Dons for many years.

Cammy Kerr just signed a new deal at Dundee. Maybe not Hibs bound.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Just not true. I say that as someone whose company was involved in sponsorship of Dons for many years.
    Aberdeen have 8 different corporate choices ranging from Boxes in the Dick Donald Stand £23k a season (10 people) Boxes in the Main stand £15k a season (8 people), Alex Ferguson lounge, Gothenburg Lounge and Black and Gold lounge all around £15k a season for a table for 4 people. each lounge roughly accommodates 10 tables.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Cammy Kerr just signed a new deal at Dundee. Maybe not Hibs bound.
    IMHO that's Cammy Kerr's level. Good luck to him - but if he'd had better offers I'm sure he might have taken one. I hope we're aiming higher than that

Would like to see us try get Ariyibi permanently from Forrest who are allowing him to leave

Very tricky winger who has impressed this season, caused Gray a lot of problems.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I’m still hoping that we’re keeping an eye on Mikel Miller’s development at the Accies.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Would like to see us try get Ariyibi permanently from Forrest who are allowing him to leave

Very tricky winger who has impressed this season, caused Gray a lot of problems.

very good player and also hope we are looking at him.

I think he means good for the club whereas you are suggesting not good for the client?
    Aberdeen make much more money than us through corporate I believe. Loads of engineering, drilling companies etc take up the boxes at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I’m still hoping that we’re keeping an eye on Mikel Miller’s development at the Accies.
    Thought he would be a decent signing in January. After watching him later in the season looked like he had gone of the boil a bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    I think he means good for the club whereas you are suggesting not good for the client?
    Aberdeen make much more money than us through corporate I believe. Loads of engineering, drilling companies etc take up the boxes at full price.
    No, I think it's a Hibs Net myth that Dons make much more from corporate sales than we do. One of the main drivers for them moving from Pittodrie is to have modern hospitality facilities like we have! The oil boom is long gone, my old company sold it's last North Sea assets last week. We sponsored an English lower level club for many years & we paid them more than we did the Sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Thought he would be a decent signing in January. After watching him later in the season looked like he had gone of the boil a bit
    By his nature he's a bit hot and cold. A young lad, doesn't have much experience and plays out wide. Some days everything will go for him, some days nothing will. If he was perfect he wouldn't be at Accies.

That's why scouting involves watching a player closely over a number of games, rather than us fans watching a player do well against us for 90 minutes and thinking "he'll do".

He still might be worth a punt. See how much Boyle has developed since he joined us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    By his nature he's a bit hot and cold. A young lad, doesn't have much experience and plays out wide. Some days everything will go for him, some days nothing will. If he was perfect he wouldn't be at Accies.

That's why scouting involves watching a player closely over a number of games, rather than us fans watching a player do well against us for 90 minutes and thinking "he'll do".

He still might be worth a punt. See how much Boyle has developed since he joined us.

I wonder if he had a "worldly" against us though - every time I read about him or watched him since that game he has come over/ looked bang average....

@hibs.net private member
    No, I think it's a Hibs Net myth that Dons make much more from corporate sales than we do. One of the main drivers for them moving from Pittodrie is to have modern hospitality facilities like we have! The oil boom is long gone, my old company sold it's last North Sea assets last week. We sponsored an English lower level club for many years & we paid them more than we did the Sheep.
    We only have The Gallery and Edinburgh Suite. Aberdeen have 8 different options including private glasssed boxes in the Dick Donald stand.

The cost of upkeep at Pittodrie is too much and is riddled with Asbestos, making maintenance slow and costly. Stewart Milne is putting flats where Pittodrie is just now.

Unfortunately the corporate options are superior at Pittodrie at the moment. Still plenty

Per BBC online gossip column.......Hibs are interested in making a move for 27-year-old Tranmere Rovers striker Connor Jennings. (Daily Star - print edition) ?????

Aberdeen break down their turnover (they have to because they're a PLC) but Hibs don't.

Aberdeen's turnover for 2017-18 was (in 000s):

Gate receipts - £4,801
    Sponsorship ans advertising-£2,008
    Broadcasting rights - £2,855
    Commercial - £4,875
    UEFA solidarity and prize money - £841
    Other operating revenue - £35
    Total £15,415.

Hibs total turnover was £9,556.

I would expect gate receipts to be similar for both clubs and the other categories to possibly be slightly higher for Aberdeen as they were an established top-flight club and Hibs hadn't been for the previous three years, but the stand out figure for me is 'commercial'. Given it's separate from sponsorship and advertising I'm not sure what it represents, but it's their single biggest source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Aberdeen break down their turnover (they have to because they're a PLC) but Hibs don't.

Gate receipts - £4,801
    Commercial - £4,875
    Total £15,415.

I would expect gate receipts to be similar for both clubs and the other categories to possibly be slightly higher for Aberdeen as they were an established top-flight club and Hibs hadn't been for the previous three years, but the stand out figure for me is 'commercial'. Given it's separate from sponsorship and advertising I'm not sure what it represents, but it's their single biggest source of income.
    So their commercial turnover is more than half our entire turnover. Where does that come from?

First Team Breakthrough
    The commercial is definitely an area we need to look at expanding

emmmm who does this mean we are signing????

Gate receipts - £4,801
    Commercial - £4,875
    Total £15,415.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    We could look at it all we like but we’re never going to make £250k per home game! We don’t even get that per season for shirt sponsorship. It’s a massive amount of money!

A quick calculation would suggest its equivalent to around 11,000 more fans at every home game to amas that amount of money over a season. It sticks in your throat that they are 3,000 fans short of us at every game as well. Financial doping again.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 05-06-2019 at 10:27 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Theyhave to try Real Emarald is the Forth View ever used now or the boxes in the famous five

Gate receipts - £4,801
    Commercial - £4,875
    Total £15,415.

You have to remember that Aberdeen FC is the only show in town as far as commercial opportunities for corporates are concerned. We have to compete with the SRU, Edinburgh Rugby, Musselburgh Racecourse and Them. Not to mention the proximity to the Uglies and Hampden.

Aberdeen is relatively isolated with no competition to speak of and the purse string holders for the corporate stuff don't come from a more traditional rugby background.

Theyhave to try Real Emarald is the Forth View ever used now or the boxes in the famous five
    I was in The Gallery hospitality recently and over the years been to the FF when there were hundreds there for a three course meal and then onto one of the boxes. I’ve also been to the hospitality in the West when it first opened and the Gallery a few times. It’s really noticeable the huge reduction in corporate tables and places throughout the stadium. I remember there were multiple tables from all the banks and insurance companies, which have now all disappeared.

So whilst agreeing we must try to increase the corporate revenue, we couldn’t get near making £250k a game. That money Aberdeen get must be from Hearts like donations. It’s impossible to make that from game by game commercial activities. Don’t know how we could compete with that!

I was impressed by the guy. Fast, tricky, end product and not permanently injured.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I was impressed by the guy. Fast, tricky, end product and not permanently injured.
    His stats aren’t that great for someone with an end product and never injured.

Do appreciate there is more to the game than what you see on Wikipedia though but first impressions are that maybe he’s not as good as you might think based on that appearance against us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Real Emerald do you think it was relegation that caused us to loose the corporates

Real Emerald do you think it was relegation that caused us to loose the corporates
    No it was probably the banking crisis. No way could RBS etc pump money into football sponsorship when they’d just been bailed out by the government. That plus a general downturn in the economy. Companies couldn’t justify the outlay anymore. When we were there a few weeks back it was mostly private parties celebrating birthdays etc. that we’re there. A big change from days gone by.