hibs.net Messageboard

Page 53 of 484 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 14514
    Makes sense that he'd be off to Celtic with Lennon in charge. Shame as I was hoping he'd be back here. Really exciting player.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    aston villa have let alan hutton go as well

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    aston villa have let alan hutton go as well
    Would remind me too much of a Whittaker type signing, best days are way behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Brandon Barker in talks with Celtic
    So he is.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    So he is.
    If the leaked document is true looks likely

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes never missed a training session and played when injured for most of the season. I'm very hopeful we will see a fully fit Kamberi next season.
    Only going by what I was told like most rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Any update on Jamie Devitt who we were linked with a month or so ago?
    Staying down south

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Would remind me too much of a Whittaker type signing, best days are way behind him.

fairy nuff, i thought he was younger than whitty but they're both 34...maybe not

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Unless it's a very big name who still has plenty left in the tank we shouldn't be signing a player over 30 years old IMO. We got one season out of Milligan with no sell on, Whittaker has been disappointing and the likes of Hutton wouldn't improve us.

Experience for me only counts for anything if it's experience with Hibernian - that's why McGregor, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, Boyle are so invaluable. They know our club inside out and are a great advert for players to come to us. If they want to launch their career to the next level like McGinn then we are a great platform. If they want a long career, then we have players like that.

32 and 33 year olds may have 2-3 years at Premiership level left maximum and will lose their value quickly. By the time they know the club inside out they're past it.

Only pay fees for players under 26 years old, free transfers for 27-30 and only sign players above that in extreme individual circumstances. Settled teams, potential to create extra value or players we can enjoy the benefit of for some time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Unless it's a very big name who still has plenty left in the tank we shouldn't be signing a player over 30 years old IMO. We got one season out of Milligan with no sell on, Whittaker has been disappointing and the likes of Hutton wouldn't improve us.

Experience for me only counts for anything if it's experience with Hibernian - that's why McGregor, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, Boyle are so invaluable. They know our club inside out and are a great advert for players to come to us. If they want to launch their career to the next level like McGinn then we are a great platform. If they want a long career, then we have players like that.

32 and 33 year olds may have 2-3 years at Premiership level left maximum and will lose their value quickly. By the time they know the club inside out they're past it.

Only pay fees for players under 26 years old, free transfers for 27-30 and only sign players above that in extreme individual circumstances. Settled teams, potential to create extra value or players we can enjoy the benefit of for some time.
    Just a blanket statement that doesn't apply on a case to case basis. McGregor signed when he was 29 with no experience of Hibs. Fontaine was 28/29 when he joined. Both worked out pretty well. A year on top of that wouldn't make much difference. Plenty of quality players over that age who could offer alot to Hibs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ngers-16251139

Patrick Bauer from Charlton being mentioned.

Can’t see us needing another defender and if we do we’ve no chance if we’re competing with Charlton, Blackburn and Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

It's important not to have too many ageing players, but I wouldn't write off everyone over the age of 30.

We stand to lose a lot of experience from our side over the next few years. Some of it we could probably live without (as tbh we are fairly blessed with it right now) but we'll always need at least a couple of older players on the pitch, so how we go about replacing that experience will be interesting to see.

We've had some cracking oldies in the past, but the management team's job will be to sift the Sauzees and the Burridges from the Kujis and the Johanssons.

There have been times in the past that we've clearly lacked leadership on the park, I don't want to go back to those days.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Just a blanket statement that doesn't apply on a case to case basis. McGregor signed when he was 29 with no experience of Hibs. Fontaine was 28/29 when he joined. Both worked out pretty well. A year on top of that wouldn't make much difference. Plenty of quality players over that age who could offer alot to Hibs.
    As I said, case by case basis. But we got McGregor on a free as we did Fontaine. Good signings. We got 3 seasons out of Fonts and have gotten more out of McGregor and even though McGregor is past his peak his experience with Hibs means that doesn't matter.

The two you've picked kind of prove my point - we should be signing players with at least three or four seasons in mind, not one or two like we've done with Milligan, Whittaker etc.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

There have been times in the past that we've clearly lacked leadership on the park, I don't want to go back to those days.
    Leadership should come from the likes of Porteous, Boyle, Hanlon who have several seasons in them and have been with the club for a while. This is the point I'm making, nothing wrong with having 32, 33 year olds in the team but I want them to have several years experience with Hibs to add value to them even if their playing ability is beginning to decline.

Someone at 32-33 who hasn't grown and learned with the team in the last few seasons is almost always a waste of a wage IMO. They're not going to be worth anything to us in a monetary value and a player who signed aged 28-29 and has had three seasons with us and have earned the respect of the rest of the team through their efforts and achievements for us will be 100 times more valuable for team spirit and morale than a "leader" who has been parachuted in without introduction.

There are exceptions - Burridge, Sauzee but they're truly few and far between. A player who has been in the dressing room for 3-4 seasons and has been coached by our coaching staff to lead and take responsibility is the best possible outcome IMO.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 04-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ngers-16251139

Patrick Bauer from Charlton being mentioned.

Can’t see us needing another defender and if we do we’ve no chance if we’re competing with Charlton, Blackburn and Rangers.
    Rather have Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Rather have Jack.
    Than have Fleetwood Mac?

Fully into silly season now with people believing that Celtic are after Barker and Rangers going for Shankland.

Gonna be a long 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I like Kamberi a lot and want to him to stay.

But I do worry how he fits into the managers team and tactics. He's not a left winger/attacker for me. He needs to be up front and have someone alongside him
    He won’t fit into many managers tactics then as very few teams play 2 out and out centre forwards playing closely together. If he wants to progress he needs to deliver as a solo number 9 or a wide forward. That’s football in 2019.

IMO he can definitely be our first choice 9 if he gets his head right

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Omeonga to come in after international duty?

How do you know that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He won’t fit into many managers tactics then as very few teams play 2 out and out centre forwards playing closely together. If he wants to progress he needs to deliver as a solo number 9 or a wide forward. That’s football in 2019.

IMO he can definitely be our first choice 9 if he gets his head right
    I also think he can do it, but his chances of success will be as much down to the service / getting runners up to him, as it will be down to him getting his head right. He's very hit or miss with his back to goal, but very good when played in, running at goal.

He'll benefit more than anyone from Scott Allan's arrival.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Ryan Hedges confirmed at Aberdeen on a 3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hearing they will sign Robert Guillaume to partner him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Petrie!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    How do you know that ?
    Surely the use of a question mark would suggest he was asking the question

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Only people of a certain vintage will get that one, but very good

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I heard it was someone called Benson.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Aberdeen have never had it so lucky in the last few years with us, the huns and hearts in the championship.

I really hope we can start to chip away at their over-bloated egos in the next few seasons.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Aberdeen have never had it so lucky in the last few years with us, the huns and hearts in the championship.

I really hope we can start to chip away at their over-bloated egos in the next few seasons.
    Hope it snows in Aberdeen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post

I hate Aberdeen as next as the next guy but have they been lucky?

Us and hearts were relegated because we were absolutley awful, that’s like fans saying we were lucky we finished 5th this season because United, Dunfermline and teams like that weren’t in the top division and if they were it would have made a difference.

Aberdeen have vastly improved over the past 7 years or so, became consistent and consistently finished 2/3rd.

Were a massive club, but we were relegated as we were awful. If we were in the top division we wouldn’t have made the slightest difference to Aberdeen or where the finished

Getting relegated turned out quite well for us as the club for a complete freshen up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I hate Aberdeen as next as the next guy but have they been lucky?

Us and hearts were relegated because we were absolutley awful, that’s like fans saying we were lucky we finished 5th this season because United, Dunfermline and teams like that weren’t in the top division and if they were it would have made a difference.

Aberdeen have vastly improved over the past 7 years or so, became consistent and consistently finished 2/3rd.

Were a massive club, but we were relegated as we were awful. If we were in the top division we wouldn’t have made the slightest difference to Aberdeen or where the finished

Getting relegated turned out quite well for us as the club for a complete freshen up.
    Don't they have a random American investor pumping cash into them? Also don't they average 13,000 a game on average?
    That's pretty lucky considering we average more and are behind them financially.