hibs.net Messageboard

Page 51 of 484 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 14514
    Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    In regards to Shankland, I actually spoke to him yesterday. Asked him where he was gonna be playing. Said he wasn’t sure but hoped something would be sorted in the next week. Asked if Hibs were interested, said they’d spoke to his agent a while back but that’s all he knew, interesting that he also said that the we were waiting to see what happens with Kamberi.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In regards to Shankland, I actually spoke to him yesterday. Asked him where he was gonna be playing. Said he wasn’t sure but hoped something would be sorted in the next week. Asked if Hibs were interested, said they’d spoke to his agent a while back but that’s all he knew, interesting that he also said that the we were waiting to see what happens with Kamberi.
    That wouldn't surprise me, Kamberi is very decent but I don't think he's a Heckingbottom type of player, not as good a team player as McNulty is IMHO.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm not sure Kamberi out and Shankland in would be an increase in quality, or even like-for-like.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'm not sure Kamberi out and Shankland in would be an increase in quality, or even like-for-like.
    Agree. Flo has had a fantastic half season in the top league (with a downturn in form this season). Shankland ripped up the championship till January then fell apart after injury. He’s worth a punt but wouldn’t be desperate to get him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Aberdeen have multiple anonymous benefactors donating a combined amount of a few million quid each year.

It's this money that's keeping their turnover high and financing their stadium move and high wage bill.

Last comparison I seen implied they were paying significantly higher wages than both us and hearts.
    The latest figures,1 year old, show Aberdeen paying approx £700 per week more than us. However those are average figures & there's a lot of guesstimates going on. I suspect we'll be closer to them when this year's (dodgy) numbers are revealed.

Daily record linking us to tranmere player connor jennings

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...tranmere-hero/

Coventry looking at him, too. Are they becoming this season's Sunderland?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...tranmere-hero/

Coventry looking at him, too. Are they becoming this season's Sunderland?
    McNulty's dad says no they're not.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    McNulty's dad says no they're not.
    Conor Jennings?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Conor Jennings?
    Has TheCat changed his Username to McNulty’s Dad you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Aberdeen have multiple anonymous benefactors donating a combined amount of a few million quid each year.

It's this money that's keeping their turnover high and financing their stadium move and high wage bill.

Last comparison I seen implied they were paying significantly higher wages than both us and hearts.
    This is a bit of a misconception IMO. They appointed a new board member who has invested heavily but that’s into the new stadium and training ground. None of the investment impacts turnover, it’s not revenue as such.

The last trading figures were for our first season back in the premier league. It showed they were paying something like £3m more than us on wages. Which was a massive gulf. I’d suggest that gap reduced last year and it’ll reduce again this year as our turnover steadily increases.

My previous post was reacting to the suggestion that Aberdeen can attract a better calibre of player. I don’t think that’s the case. No doubt they will have a higher wage bill than us again this season but their budget will be reducing and ours increasing. It’s not going to materially hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post

Jennings seems to be able to play wide or up top.

13 goals and 10 assists this season in 55 appearances helping them get promoted. Not sure what the standard is like in league 2 but I imagine not great.

Going by a quick look he certainly scored a fair amount of screamers/volleys

Might be a hidden gem at 27...
    Last edited by Unseen work; 03-06-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hmmm...

McNulty's dad also reckons Scott Allan has signed a pre contract and will join us soon. Spooky.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Theres no proof we are just people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    He hasn't signed for anyone yet. The national press have took a dodgy website and ran with the story that hes signing with Aberdeen. If the medical had took place like they said the deal would be over the line.

I believe we are still in for him and no decision been made either way.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hmmm...

McNulty's dad also reckons Scott Allan has signed a pre contract and will join us soon. Spooky.
    We’ve really really, really, got to hope Dempsters not involved in any of this negotiation or McNultys Dad will throw a tantrum and not come back to tell us any more secret stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    He hasn't signed for anyone yet. The national press have took a dodgy website and ran with the story that hes signing with Aberdeen. If the medical had took place like they said the deal would be over the line.

I believe we are still in for him and no decision been made either way.
    Seem to know quite a lot about the Hedges deal, you know if we’re confident on getting him in or if it’s alll a bit up in the air at the moment?

Imagine Heckingbottom must be desperate to get him in if he’s worked with him and rates him

Cheers

Quite a lot of Aberdeen fans seem to think they’re after Barker. Anyone heard anything on this?

all he knows about himself is that Hibs spoke to his agent a while back.
    oh, and he knows something is going on with another player but not at his club, and nothing might happen with that player at the other club.

straight from the horses mouth, second hand.

I would definitely keep Kamberi, see how he gets on next season. Didn't really gel with the team this year, but with Allan he could get his form back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Seem to know quite a lot about the Hedges deal, you know if we’re confident on getting him in or if it’s alll a bit up in the air at the moment?

Imagine Heckingbottom must be desperate to get him in if he’s worked with him and rates him

Cheers
    I wont lie and say i know anymore than I do. My understanding is there has been talks with Hedges pretty much since Hecky came in. Nobody other than Hibs recruitment team will know 100% but ive been told the deal isn't dead yet. I said this even after the website broke the story about the medical which i dont believe to be true.

Hecky is keen to get him in, he is left sided but likes to play off the right.

No doubts will be a good signing for either us or Aberdeen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Interesting, we have had scouts at pretty much every home game for Ayr last season. I am not sure we were only watching Shankland tho.

My understanding is Shankland is desperate to go down south and earn more money.

Hopefully its nonsense because i think hed be a really good signing for us. A goalscorer is a goalscorer, the chances we create i think hed do really well here.

Ross Mccormack now available on a free. Must have cost Villa a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I would definitely keep Kamberi, see how he gets on next season. Didn't really gel with the team this year, but with Allan he could get his form back.
    I would sell to the first team who matches or exceeds our valuation. His attitude is atrocious, he hardly tried a leg all season. Nothing less than 100% in every game will do.....he doesn't try 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I would sell to the first team who matches or exceeds our valuation. His attitude is atrocious, he hardly tried a leg all season. Nothing less than 100% in every game will do.....he doesn't try 100%.

I was told recently that his training was shocking when he could be bothered to turn up and that's why his relationship with Lennon deteriorated, maybe the reason Lennon called him out about his performances all the time, sees a player there who can't be ars ed. He looked like he was towing a caravan at times this season, couldn't put my finger on why but maybe this could be why, he also seemed to lose his smile on the park, always looked peed off, my opinion obviously.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Jennings seems to be able to play wide or up top.

13 goals and 10 assists this season in 55 appearances helping them get promoted. Not sure what the standard is like in league 2 but I imagine not great.

Going by a quick look he certainly scored a fair amount of screamers/volleys

Might be a hidden gem at 27...
    Too lazy to check but is he the lad that went over to Bayern for a wee spell??

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't agree about his attitude, his form wasn't great-I'd agree with that. Sparky didn't look too hot playing up front on his own either btw. Allan/Boyle and greater consistency/second season from Horgan/Mallan should see our general play improve next season. I don't see any reason Flo can't get his confidence back. I'd keep him as his value must be peanuts just now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Don’t think I could stand another season of watching Kamberi hobbling about on the left wing scratching his arse and picking up stupid bookings and struggling to bring the ball under control and turn
    We can do better

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    I don't agree about his attitude, his form wasn't great-I'd agree with that. Sparky didn't look too hot playing up front on his own either btw. Allan/Boyle and greater consistency/second season from Horgan/Mallan should see our general play improve next season. I don't see any reason Flo can't get his confidence back. I'd keep him as his value must be peanuts just now.
    Completely agree.

I personally never saw anything wrong with his effort, I just think his confidence was shot to pieces. He went from having Allan, Boyle, Barker, Mcginn and Mcgeouch creating for him to basically having to do it himself.

With a good pre-season he could still have a big part to play for us IMO.

I'm not having that he doesn't try. If you look at his instagram every other day he is out jogging or in the gym. Constantly trying to improve himself. He could quite easily go down the route of "its pre-season so ill do whatever i want for a month" but hasnt. there is clear frustration when things aren't coming off for him on the park. Doesn't help when for half a season he has had the ball shelled at his head with no support.

Why not give him the benefit of a good pre season, league cup games with Scott allan in the side and a new style of play rather than just dumping him before giving him a chance to show his worth?