hibs.net Messageboard

Page 411 of 484 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,330 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Ryan Kent is on his way back to Rangers
    Is this not just according to that horrible odious reporter Keith Jackshun in the record.

Not sure he has any real knowledge and more just a guess as Kent threatening to down tools.

Hopefully Klopp hammers him with a fine and makes him stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Still a lot of good free agents that would come in and improve us

Josh Mceachran - Deep lying playmaker type, similar to McGeouch but with the passing of Allan
    Callum Harriot - Rapid winger
    Efe Ambrose
    Danny Williams - Defensive midfielder
    James Morrison
    Jack Rodwell
    Gary Hooper
    Tom Adeymi - Defensive midfielder
    Mulumbu

Obviously wages would be an issue for a few, but I’m not sure they would be in a position to demand this high wages anymore with a couple kicking on a bit. They will also be wanted signed up reasonable soon I would imagine.

Any chance to get any of them in we should jump at as they would massively improve us imo.

This is the best chance to get 3rd in the league in a while with Aberdeen not appearing as strong, let’s make a statement hibs and push.
    Jack Rodwell 😄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Is this not just according to that horrible odious reporter Keith Jackshun in the record.

Not sure he has any real knowledge and more just a guess as Kent threatening to down tools.

Hopefully Klopp hammers him with a fine and makes him stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jackson has good contacts, especially where they're concerned

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Looks like Ryan Kent is on his way back to Rangers
    Barker will be gutted at that ..would reduce his chances of game time considerably

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Barker will be gutted at that ..would reduce his chances of game time considerably
    How long is Barkers deal with them ? Unless they manage to rack up a big injury list I can see him getting splinters on his erse from the bench

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    How many wingers to they need?

Jones, Barker, Grezda, Ojo, Hastie, Murphy & Kent

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    How long is Barkers deal with them ? Unless they manage to rack up a big injury list I can see him getting splinters on his erse from the bench
    3 years

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    How many wingers to they need?

Jones, Barker, Grezda, Ojo, Hastie, Murphy & Kent
    They are wanting rid of Grezda and are looking to punt Murphy on loan. I’d imagine Hastie will go on loan too.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They’d be aswell loaning Barker out now if they’re going to be signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near the bench to get splinters. He’ll be as involved with them as Allan was at Celtic.

Rangers are going down the same route as celtic have in recent years of signing lots of players so they can loan them out to other clubs in scotland to try and hurt each other by making the opposition stronger.

I see Jack Hendry is going on loan to either Killie or Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Rangers are going down the same route as celtic have in recent years of signing lots of players so they can loan them out to other clubs in scotland to try and hurt each other by making the opposition stronger.

That’ll hurt Killie or Motherwell, not Rangers!

Financial Fair play - surely someone should be looking st the amount of ££ the Huns are spending and asking questions.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

Also works in their favour if the player becomes first choice and can’t play against them weakening the loaning team, should really close that rule IMO you’re loaning a player for him to get game time and/or experience why should they miss games against bigger clubs what benefit is that to the player

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Financial Fair play - surely someone should be looking st the amount of ££ the Huns are spending and asking questions.
    Scotland don’t have it otherwise hearts would be in **** too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    How much are they spending though? I seriously doubt they are silly enough to risk the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    How much are they spending though? I seriously doubt they are silly enough to risk the club again.
    I’d imagine to get Ryan Kent they’d have to be paying £30k+ for wages to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Defoe and Morelos would be on similar and I’d suspect a lot of them will be on £20k+.

When you consider the fact their squad is also massive id suspect they’ll be well above the 50% turnover to wages ratio that we always hear about (or something around that percentage anyway?)

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’d imagine to get Ryan Kent they’d have to be paying £30k+ for wages to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Defoe and Morelos would be on similar and I’d suspect a lot of them will be on £20k+.

When you consider the fact their squad is also massive id suspect they’ll be well above the 50% turnover to wages ratio that we always hear about (or something around that percentage anyway?)
    Imagine if they died (again) without winning a major trophy

That would be nice....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Imagine if they died (again) without winning a major trophy

That would be nice....
    Sounds like you’ve forgotten about the Petrofac Training Cup already.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Still a lot of good free agents that would come in and improve us

Josh Mceachran - Deep lying playmaker type, similar to McGeouch but with the passing of Allan
    Callum Harriot - Rapid winger
    Efe Ambrose
    Danny Williams - Defensive midfielder
    James Morrison
    Jack Rodwell
    Gary Hooper
    Tom Adeymi - Defensive midfielder
    Mulumbu

Obviously wages would be an issue for a few, but I’m not sure they would be in a position to demand this high wages anymore with a couple kicking on a bit. They will also be wanted signed up reasonable soon I would imagine.

Any chance to get any of them in we should jump at as they would massively improve us imo.

This is the best chance to get 3rd in the league in a while with Aberdeen not appearing as strong, let’s make a statement hibs and push.
    I'm surprised to see Danny Williams there, but I wouldn't call him a defensive midfielder. From his time at Reading I would say he was more a John McGinn type player. I would say he was the main difference (along with Kermorgant) between Reading finishing third and reaching the play-off final when they had him and battling relegation after he left. Probably out of our price range though. I'm also a fan of Callum Harriott even though he didn't get much game time at Reading. I suspect he'd be nearer our price range, but do we need another left winger?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sounds like you’ve forgotten about the Petrofac Training Cup already.
    You know what, I had

I must have celebrated them winning the premier cup in Scottish Football a little too much

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I'm surprised to see Danny Williams there, but I wouldn't call him a defensive midfielder. From his time at Reading I would say he was more a John McGinn type player. I would say he was the main difference (along with Kermorgant) between Reading finishing third and reaching the play-off final when they had him and battling relegation after he left. Probably out of our price range though. I'm also a fan of Callum Harriott even though he didn't get much game time at Reading. I suspect he'd be nearer our price range, but do we need another left winger?
    Yeah would probably agree regarding Williams, think he would fit the void we have in midfield with his energy and work rate. Has a bit of bite about him too that would go well with Vela imo.

I still think we could go another out and out winger, we have Middleton and Horgan with Boyle injured. Newell and Murray can play there but aren’t really out and out wingers, both more suited to a central role. I think Harriot would be good for competition and he would stretch the game and be a handful, can’t imagine were in for another winger though.

But you're assuming, imagining and suspecting, it isn't actually based on any facts? No offence, it really just seems like wishful thinking. Rangers are going nowhere.

Left by mutual consent!
    But you're assuming, imagining and suspecting, it isn't actually based on any facts? No offence, it really just seems like wishful thinking. Rangers are going nowhere.
    You’re correct, unfortunately.

I’m not even saying if my assumptions etc are correct that they’d go under. I agree they’ll probably be going nowhere.

I do think they’ll have a higher wages to turnover ratio then we always hear is recommended though. Of course I have no basis for it other than guesswork based on the players they have and the amount of them.

First Team Breakthrough
    In terms of alledged £2 million enquiry for Kamberi from Basle I was speaking to a Hibby mate of mine this morning . His girlfried is just back from Basle visiting a friend and her son plays for them - development level i think. Apparently they are skint so dont think there is anything in that story

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    You are both bang on, here.

Do you remember who one, or both, of them kept out of the team?

A really talented wee bloke called Paul Riley, that’s who.

Because the wonderful dad, Alex, wanted them either on the bench (an extra 50 sheets) or on the park (an extra 250). He brought Graeme on once in a game in the 90th minute to get him the extra pesetas.

Once a hun, always a hun.
    Did Miller p1sh on your chips?

10 years service and won us a cup.

I assume you hold our hun-supporting CEO in the same contempt?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    Did Miller p1sh on your chips?

10 years service and won us a cup.

I assume you hold our hun-supporting CEO in the same contempt?
    No, my chips are fine thanks.

You are taking my point (deliberately?) out of context.

No problem with our CEO.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    No, my chips are fine thanks.

You are taking my point (deliberately?) out of context.

No problem with our CEO.
    Nope, if you want to bash nepotism that’s fine.

Just seemed you were binning everything Miller achieved for the club because of this particular irk and who he played for.

Record season ticket sales, every home match pretty much a sellout except the away corner. A feel good factor at Ibrox now so hospitality, advertising and other commercial revenues will be raking it in. Decent Europa run last year, 180 minutes from the same this year. They'll be sound unfortunately.

However they'll throw everything into this season and more-so next should Celtic lift the league trophy in May. It will be interesting in 2 seasons time how Rangers are should Celtic get to 10 in a row. Hopefully alot of their directors and backers who are happily chucking money into them just now may think **** it whats the point....