hibs.net Messageboard

Page 40 of 484 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Killie announcer is to be believed (and if I heard him right), he is fully known as Eamonn (‘THE WOLF!!!!!!!) Brophy.
    **** knows, me neither.
    Kilmarnock 'wolf man' Eamonn Brophy tears apart Partick Thistle - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42300057
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Well, I meant this summer
    I'm sure you're right. He'll want at least one year with them in the EPL.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Do we expect to get any deals over the line in the next couple of weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I have no information on this but based on previous seasons and a healthy dose of pessimism, my expectation is no. Best just to enjoy the lovely summer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    I have no information on this but based on previous seasons and a healthy dose of pessimism, my expectation is no. Best just to enjoy the lovely summer weather.
    Like Mallan and Kamberi? Bogdan and MacLaren?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    It’s the exception of those signings that prove the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Kamberi was the only player we signed in June last season, the rest weren't until July at the earliest.

That's unlikely given that the transfer window doesn't open for another 2 weeks.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's unlikely given that the transfer window doesn't open for another 2 weeks.
    Most of our signings will be for players with contract run out.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Transfer window doesn't need to be open to sign players. It's a registration window to register players with the SFA.

Back training ning on the 20th June. Given that Heckingbottom wants bodies in before then it's going to be a crazy 9 days

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Transfer window doesn't need to be open to sign players. It's a registration window to register players with the SFA.
    I get that, but it doesn't help that the window's closed

Clubs need to bring in replacements, contracts are still under consideration, players may not have been formally released etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Back training ning on the 20th June. Given that Heckingbottom wants bodies in before then it's going to be a crazy 9 days
    Every manager I can remember since windows became a thing have wanted players in early.

It rarely happens.

Ah yes, the old "bodies in before pre-season" chestnut. I haven't the time to check when pre season had previously started, but the number of new players we've had in before July has been:
    2018-19: 1
    2017-18: 3
    2016-17: 1
    2015-16: 4
    2014-15: 0
    2013-14: 3
    2012-13: 2
    2011-12: 3
    2010-11: 1
    2009-10: 0

We already have one in in Allan, so don't expect more than a couple next month at most.

Nathan Ralph has triggered a clause in his contract that will allow him to talk to other clubs. Can't recall if he's any good or not?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Nathan Ralph has triggered a clause in his contract that will allow him to talk to other clubs. Can't recall if he's any good or not?
    Best player at Dundee last season. Supposedly had a couple of English clubs after him. Good left back competition for Stevenson if we were to go for him.

A few villa players are set to be released along with Bogdan from Bournemouth who are reportedly interested in signing Mignolet liverpool want £15m for him.

Sorry if already reported

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    A few villa players are set to be released along with Bogdan from Bournemouth who are reportedly interested in signing Mignolet liverpool want £15m for him.

Do you mean Boruc?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post

Bogdan plays for Liverpool.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I’ve heard we are 1 of many clubs to be interested in him but from someone I haven’t had info from before

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Bogdan plays for Liverpool.
    Sorry meant begovic my apologies

Given pre season training starts in a little over 3 weeks we could do with a few in.
    At present we only have 14 1st team players signed up including Porteous & Boyle with Allan making it 15 when he arrives.
    We have no real deadwood that we are stuck with. Mackie is the only guy in the development squad that you could be considered a 1st team player at this time.

In comparison Hearts already have an amazing 23 1st team players contracted for next season plus Halkett and probably Naismith. They are stuck with loads of average players for at least one more season unless they pay them off. That 23 doesn't even include Hickey andthe other young guys so they won't be able to bring many in.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-05-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Given pre season training starts in a little over 3 weeks we could do with a few in.
    At present we only have 14 1st team players signed up including Porteous & Boyle with Allan making it 15 when he arrives.
    We have no real deadwood that we are stuck with. Mackie is the only guy in the development squad that you could be considered a 1st team player at this time.

In comparison Hearts already have an amazing 23 1st team players contracted for next season plus Halkett and probably Naismith. They are stuck with loads of average players for at least one more season unless they pay them off. That 23 doesn't even include Hickey andthe other young guys so they won't be able to bring many in.
    We said the same about them last season and they went on to sign about a billion players.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Most of our signings will be for players with contract run out.
    And we’ll still try to sign them on a six month loan
    Last edited by goosefat; 28-05-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    We said the same about them last season and they went on to sign about a billion players.
    Other than Connor Sammon, Aaron Hughes, Arnaud Djoum and 2 loan players who are leaving, Hearts are pretty much stuck with the "billion" players including Malaury Martin who they are pretending doesn't exist by omitting him from the 1st team squad on their website. Halkett is a very good signing but they have masses of bottom 6 standard players. Their only chance is if their young guys step up to the plate.

Aberdeen were hurt by the loss of McLean last season and will be further damaged by the loss of Shinnie next season. Young Ferguson is doing well but they are stuck paying lots of money to Stevie May who sadly looks like the bad injury he received at Preston has finished him. Aberdeen are season on season going backwards as their best players move on.

Hibs were always going to suffer this season with the wholesale loss of our quality midfield including the all action McGinn. Next season will be a much better one for us if Heckinbottom can get the right players in to balance the squad. He has little deadwood remaining and lots of space for new players. Fingers crossed for quality rather than quantity and no season long crocks. Before this season started I predicted on here that we would finish 5th and on reflection we were no better than that. Can definitely see us putting up a credible fight for 3rd next season obviously dependent on our recruitment and that of our rivals Aberdeen & Hearts.

P.S. Kilmarnock may have one more good season if they can hold onto their players but after that a combination of father time and the vultures will see their team gone.

Only about 60 sleeps until next season starts. I can't wait.

What is kind of exciting is there is scope in the numbers and budget to bring a number of players in on top of what we have. In years gone by there would always be squad fillers and deadwood hanging around. The 14/15 that are there are a solid group. Infact you could make a very competitive 11 out of the contracted players

Marciano
    Gray
    Hanlon
    McGregor
    Porteous
    Stevenson
    Horgan
    Slivka
    Mallan
    Allan
    Boyle
    Kamberi

(I know that's 12 but pick 2 from the 3 CB's)

That's a great starting point. With some good kids coming through in Shaw, F Murray, Mackie.

6 or 7 quality Heckingbottom signings would see me very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    What is kind of exciting is there is scope in the numbers and budget to bring a number of players in on top of what we have. In years gone by there would always be squad fillers and deadwood hanging around. The 14/15 that are there are a solid group. Infact you could make a very competitive 11 out of the contracted players

Marciano
    Gray
    Hanlon
    McGregor
    Porteous
    Stevenson
    Horgan
    Slivka
    Mallan
    Allan
    Boyle
    Kamberi

(I know that's 12 but pick 2 from the 3 CB's)

That's a great starting point. With some good kids coming through in Shaw, F Murray, Mackie.

6 or 7 quality Heckingbottom signings would see me very optimistic.
    Even 4 additional quality starters would see us in very good shape

I don't think we are far off being a very good side. Box to box midfielder and Target man would be my priorities.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    We have no real deadwood that we are stuck with. Mackie is the only guy in the development squad that you could be considered a 1st team player
    Oil Shaw has played 57 first team games for us over the last two seasons. I think it’s fair to say he is part of the first team squad and just a couple of weeks ago Hecky gave an interview in which he said Murray is a big part of his plans and the team will be built to accommodate his development into a first team role so I think it’s safe to say he is also a first team player in Hecky’s eyes.

Even 4 additional quality starters would see us in very good shape
    You have to look at the players that are injury prone as that cost us this season If any two of Hanlon Gray or McGregor are out for any Length of time together it’s a problem .Porteous should be back fit again but again we don’t know how he will go given his injury situation this Season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk