hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 484 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone heard anything about us having spoken to Lewis MacLeod? (ex rangers and brentford)
    Think he was mentioned on here, would be an interesting signing still pretty young as well I'm sure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Always stunned at people doubting Mallan.

Out with the first couple of games for us, mainly in Europe he has played a deeper role in midfield which allows him to get on the ball snd dictate
    play.

He was poor defensively but since Heckinbottom has came in there has been a massive improvement, he also seems stronger and quicker. Last week the Aberdeen winger McLennan (who is a big lad) tried to knock it past him and he out muscled him and won the ball back, would never have seen that before

The only issue is with playing him so deep you’re missing out his main attribute of scoring goals.

I think his long range of passing is what Heckingbottom likes though, he can effortlessly do it and gives us a one on one scenario with winger against fullback that he was recently talking about wanting to get better at
    I like Mallan, and think he is a better footballer than he is given credit for. However, I don’t think he is good enough or mobile enough to really dictate a game from deep and make us tick IMO. We’ve seen how important that role is with McGeough, and while Mallan has many attributes McGeough doesn’t I just don’t think he’s good enough at the role of everything going through him and making the team tick.

I’d have him competing with Allan (unless Heckingbottom could work out how to get them both into the team in that area) for that role behind the striker or making Frank Lampard-esque late runs into the box. Still feels like playing him deeper is, to a degree, shoehorning him into that position.

Promising Youngster Blocks Biloxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Anyone heard anything about us having spoken to Lewis MacLeod? (ex rangers and brentford)
    Good player whenever he managed to get on the pitch at Brentford, but so injury prone.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocks Biloxi View Post
    Good player whenever he managed to get on the pitch at Brentford, but so injury prone.
    He'll fit right in!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    I would give him a run out in the League Cup and early rounds of Scottish Cup. I am sure Lewie would benefit from a match off here and there. They use the Cups in England to rotate the squad, we should be doing the same in certain positions.
    Because the cups have been devalued to the point of being an interference in EPL survival / Europe for most clubs. In Scotland, we've no chance of winning the league and Europe is a mix blessing. The Cups are the only realistic chance of success for a club like Hibs, so I wouldn't want Hibs to start treating them like training matches - the way Hearts treat every match as a warm up for derbies

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I think we will get a windfall either way. SJM gets promotion then we will see upwards of £2 million according to conversations Steve Bruce had after the transfer. If they don't win, there will be a clamour of clubs bidding for him in the Premiership for which we have a sizeable sell on. For all those that slate Rod, he's not daft

Either way I'm sure our transfer kitty will be swelled for next season.

One thing I think it highlights to young, hungry talent is that it pays to not 'chase the money' and to do your apprenticeship and get a few seasons with the likes of Hibs under your belt. And live your life off the pitch properly

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think we will get a windfall either way. SJM gets promotion then we will see upwards of £2 million according to conversations Steve Bruce had after the transfer. If they don't win, there will be a clamour of clubs bidding for him in the Premiership for which we have a sizeable sell on. For all those that slate Rod, he's not daft

One thing I think it highlights to young, hungry talent is that it pays to not 'chase the money' and to do your apprenticeship and get a few seasons with the likes of Hibs under your belt. And live your life off the pitch properly
    Would we not be better if they got promoted and then someone bought him?

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I was wondering that too. If they get promoted and then get an offer they can't refuse would we benefit twice?

Whatever happens, a motm performance from SKM as he leads Villa to the Premier League would be a good thing for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Whatever happens, a motm performance from SKM as he leads Villa to the Premier League would be a good thing for Hibs.
    A motm performance at Wembley will go a long way to him going for mega money and we all know John likes the big occasion.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I was wondering that too. If they get promoted and then get an offer they can't refuse would we benefit twice?
    I dont see why not, they seem to be fairly standard
    You have to assume that selling at the price we did there must of been some decent add ons in the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

I honestly don’t think Villa will sell McGinn in the near future regardless of Monday’s result. They are cash rich now and he’s a huge fans favourite ... second only to Jack Grealish. Some EPL team would need to blow them away with an incredible offer and I just don’t see it after only 1 year down there. I doubt even a bid of £25-30 million would be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    yes.

We have a sell-on.

Brophy anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene Omeonga View Post
    Brophy anyone?
    Yes, very good player. Strong and pacey. Heard something?

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Brophy anyone?
    In a heartbeat.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Brophy anyone?

Still has 14 months left on his contract at Kilmarnock and we won't be paying a high fee for him.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I honestly don’t think Villa will sell McGinn in the near future regardless of Monday’s result. They are cash rich now and he’s a huge fans favourite ... second only to Jack Grealish. Some EPL team would need to blow them away with an incredible offer and I just don’t see it after only 1 year down there. I doubt even a bid of £25-30 million would be accepted.
    McGinn might want to move ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Mcginn won't leave regardless of Villa being promoted or not. He didn't abandon us, he won't abandon them.

Brophy anyone?
    I'd carry him to Easter Road

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Mcginn won't leave regardless of Villa being promoted or not. He didn't abandon us, he won't abandon them.
    It's not as matter of fact as that, though.

He has a contract like every other player.

That will come to an end.

If he wants a move, he won't need to abandon Villa, he'll simply see out his contract.

And like us, Villa won't allow that to happen without recompense.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Villa don't get promoted they may need to start bringing in some money to the club

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Yes, very good player. Strong and pacey. Heard something?
    Nah just a suggestion. I'm not sure of his contract or situation or that. Just a player I admire. Got something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's not as matter of fact as that, though.

He has a contract like every other player.

That will come to an end.

If he wants a move, he won't need to abandon Villa, he'll simply see out his contract.

And like us, Villa won't allow that to happen without recompense.
    Well, I meant this summer

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post

The Villa fans I know all love SJM, and he’s not the type to chuck his toys oot the pram.

Very likely he will stay there next season whether they get promoted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    McGinn might want to move ...
    He may but we’ve seen he’s not an agitator and is on a good number down there.

I’m talking short term remember. I think the most likely outcome is he gets an improved contract at Villa same as Grealish did when Spurs wanted him.

Villa are massive - back in the EPL and they’re one of the top 10 clubs in England IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The Villa fans I know all love SJM, and he’s not the type to chuck his toys oot the pram.

Very likely he will stay there next season whether they get promoted or not.
    No Premiership parachute payment may say otherwise. I could easily see him getting into the likes of Newcastle or West Ham sides.

IMO the best scenario for Hibs is if Villa go up and he rips up the premier league, I'd live to see him going at Pogba, Dier Henderson and the like, his value would rocket in the PL IMO of course

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Agreed, there is no chance of SJM leaving Villa in the coming season. Even if, as you say Villa get an offer of about £30m it would cost them that to replace him & their fans would go crazy. The windfall if Villa get promoted is a bonus, we'll have to wait a while for sell on cash.