hibs.net Messageboard

Page 360 of 484 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,800 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your spot on. Not sure why I’m even engaging in it. The inability to accept it was a decent assist last weekend shows that discussing anything with him is like banging your head off a wall.
    you and me both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Thats the spirit.
    Don't see anything wrong with that post at all tbh.

Not only is it absolutely correct but it's also giving a reasonable defence for why a defeat tomorrow wouldn't be the end of the world.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Thats the spirit.
    Not been the case in the last 5 years😀

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    you and me both.

It was simple pass. Allan made the goal. Nothing special about the pass. You delusional if you think otherwise

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Admins, I know this is the transfer thread but surely it's getting to the close it stage. It is becoming utterly puerile (see above).

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with that post at all tbh.

Not only is it absolutely correct but it's also giving a reasonable defence for why a defeat tomorrow wouldn't be the end of the world.
    You've always got my back.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    It was simple pass. Allan made the goal. Nothing special about the pass. You delusional if you think otherwise
    You are certainly consistent I'll give you that, how long did you give ivan sproule before writing him off, remembering he played part time in Ireland before becoming a cult figure here

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    You are certainly consistent I'll give you that, how long did you give ivan sproule before writing him off, remembering he played part time in Ireland before becoming a cult figure here
    Darren Jackson another that took a while to settle in. Can’t wait to see this guys reaction if Doidge hits the winner at Ibrox. He will probably say it was a lucky goal and all about the assist!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    To be fair to the omnipresent poster, people on here are lapping it up. Starve the response and surely it will get bored. It’s interesting to see how people repeatedly take the bait, despite the response the predictabilty of it’s monotony. I guess that’s the kind of forum we must enjoy, otherwise why bother?
    Great post.

I fail to see why people choose to sign up to a discussion forum and then complain about people who have a different opinion to them.

If you don't like the concept of people having different opinions on football and if you think that this forum is that bad then please do everyone a favour and log off and leave the rest of us to enjoy it in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    FFS you are now trolling/ fishing and your constant ‘it was a simple pass’ is now boring. READ MY POSTS! and others too!

Summer 2019 transfer thread

Great post.

I fail to see why people choose to sign up to a discussion forum and then complain about people who have a different opinion to them.

If you don't like the concept of people having different opinions on football and if you think that this forum is that bad then please do everyone a favour and log off and leave the rest of us to enjoy it in peace.
    Some are just fed up with the constant negativity on all things Hibs here. It helps no one. At least give these guys a bit of time to settle in before ripping them to shreds.

And this is after we finished top of our LC Group and won the opening League game. I personally just don’t get where you guys get all this negativity from. And what do you think it will achieve other than splitting the support?

Great post.

There is having discussions and just blatantly looking for a reaction from people, debate is a great thing and it's why I enjoyed coming to this forum but there are certain posters who seem to enjoy getting a reaction from people

Some are just fed up with the constant negativity on all things Hibs here. It helps no one. At least give these guys a bit of time to settle in before ripping them to shreds.

And this is after we finished top of our LC Group and won the opening League game. I personally just don’t get where you guys get all this negativity from. And what do you think it will achieve other than splitting the support?
    Totally agree.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    There is having discussions and just blatantly looking for a reaction from people, debate is a great thing and it's why I enjoyed coming to this forum but there are certain posters who seem to enjoy getting a reaction from people
    Of course the stirrers love it, but people consistently responding becomes almost as tiresome.

As you say, debate is great and like you, it’s what I like most about here. It’s up to posters to regulate their responses. I’ve tried a few times to steer this thread away from being about one person’s views, but it’s not happening. That makes me wonder what people ( not you or just you btw) get from it.
    My own approach is to state my view and if people want to discuss, I might qualify it, learn something I never considered or give up. I’ve even been known to use the ignore button and it helps too.

Left by mutual consent!
    What exactly does the term 'enjoy getting a reaction from people' actually mean?

Everybody on here (and even in the real world) in one way or another is posting to get a reaction from someone. That's the way communication works.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

Sorry but if you don't like someone's negative opinion then tough.

You don't have to get it or agree with it but the very least you should be able to do is respect it because it is every bit as valid as yours and only some misplaced sense of entitlement can say otherwise.
    Having a different opinion is not trolling

Of course the stirrers love it, but people consistently responding becomes almost as tiresome.

As you say, debate is great and like you, it’s what I like most about here. It’s up to posters to regulate their responses. I’ve tried a few times to steer this thread away from being about one person’s views, but it’s not happening. That makes me wonder what people ( not you or just you btw) get from it.
    My own approach is to state my view and if people want to discuss, I might qualify it, learn something I never considered or give up. I’ve even been known to use the ignore button and it helps too.
    Yip I'm one of the guilty ones as I keep adding to it(like this post!!) I'll be staying away from this particular thread now and I have a few on ignore!!

Sorry but if you don't like someone's negative opinion then tough.

You don't have to get it or agree with it but the very least you should be able to do is respect it because it is every bit as valid as yours and only some misplaced sense of entitlement can say otherwise.

Having a different opinion is not trolling
    Sorry but I don’t think writing someone off after a couple of games is valid at all. It’s ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's not the spirit, it's a fact. They spend more and have better players. I'm not giving a team talk so it doesn't matter what I say.
    Weve played them 9 times at ibrox since 2014. We have won 4, lost 4 and drawn 1. How does that fit into your 99 times out of 100 theory?

Wow been on this site for what’s feels like ever and never knew there was an ignore button. Cheers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but I don’t think writing someone off after a couple of games is valid at all. It’s ludicrous.
    I agree with you. FilipinoHibs disagrees. Such is the nature of a forum.

You can either embrace the diversity of opinions or you can get annoyed and upset by them but if it's going to be the latter you're probably right in saying it's time to log off

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    FilipinoHibs is a loser.

One game into the season. 3 points accrued. Writing our signings off. Take your stinking attitude and go and support Manchester City or Liverpool.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Seems to me it's acceptable to form an opinion on a player after only a few games so long as it's a positive one. If your opinion is negative then it's far too early to be doing so. FilpinoHibs has stated he's not been impressed with Doidge, the comment he made about his granny making that pass didn't do him any favours, but he's given his reasons for his opinion and his continued posting IMO is because he has been pulled up on it and he's defending his position.

Fwiw I've not been impressed with Doidge either, that's my initial impression. If the reported figure is correct (in Hibs terms) we paid decent money for him and I was hoping for more even at this stage. I can't speak for FilipinoHibs, but I'm certainly not writing him off and I want my initial impression to be completely wrong.
    Last edited by jeffers; 10-08-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Seems to me it's acceptable to form an opinion on a player after only a few games so long as it's a positive one. If your opinion is negative then it's far too early to be doing so. FilpinoHibs has stated he's not been impressed with Doidge, the comment he made about his granny making that pass didn't do him any favours, but he's given his reasons for his opinion and his continued posting IMO is because he has been pulled him up on it and he's defending his position.

Fwiw I've not been impressed with Doidge either, that's my initial impression. If the reported figure is correct (in Hibs terms) we paid decent money for him and I was hoping for more even at this stage. I can't speak for FilipinoHibs, but I'm certainly not writing him off and I want my initial impression to be completely wrong.

Spot on in every way

I agree with you. FilipinoHibs disagrees. Such is the nature of a forum.

You can either embrace the diversity of opinions or you can get annoyed and upset by them but if it's going to be the latter you're probably right in saying it's time to log off
    Nah Iv just put him on ignore. All good.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    FilipinoHibs is a loser.

One game into the season. 3 points accrued. Writing our signings off. Take your stinking attitude and go and support Manchester City or Liverpool.

So he's a loser because his opinion is different to yours? Ridiculous. You might not agree but that doesn't make him a loser.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Seems to me it's acceptable to form an opinion on a player after only a few games so long as it's a positive one. If your opinion is negative then it's far too early to be doing so. FilpinoHibs has stated he's not been impressed with Doidge, the comment he made about his granny making that pass didn't do him any favours, but he's given his reasons for his opinion and his continued posting IMO is because he has been pulled him up on it and he's defending his position.

If he had worded his opinion as balanced as this then no one would have bothered I’m sure. His little digs about his assist show that he has written him off and can’t find it in himself to praise him at all. It was a decent first time pass on a tight area of the pitch.

I’m also not really seeing anyone saying the new players are great either. Most are sensible enough to know it normally takes a bit of time for players to settle into a new club.

This thread would be better served discussing the incoming Glenn Middleton and other transfer activity related to Hibs, rather than using it to debate the value of contrarian points and which adults are 'losers.'

I'm really pleased we're signing Glenn, he's a proper talent and I think he'll end up being one of our best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This thread would be better served discussing the incoming Glenn Middleton and other transfer activity related to Hibs, rather than using it to debate the value of contrarian points and which adults are 'losers.'

I'm really pleased we're signing Glenn, he's a proper talent and I think he'll end up being one of best players.
    Agree, looks like a good signing. Don’t really care where comes from if he does the business for us.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I come online and see that there's loads of posts on the transfer thread so I open it in the full expectation that there will be some hilarious puns to enjoy.

But no. Page after page of folk arguing about negative posts and simple passes.

That's 3 and a half hours of my life that I won't get back.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!