hibs.net Messageboard

Page 322 of 484 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,660 of 14514
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Aye. Bollox.
    2. Don’t cos I really don’t. I’d lose you on that one. Trust me. I’m not an actual Pope. I’ll lose you on it though.
    3. Woooah we are not mates. You so much as look at the Famous Five Stand (or the East West or South East) the wrong way, swear to god I’ll ****ing knock you out!
    No bother Iggy pal. Send me wee pm if you have an issue because I’ve not got a ****ing clue what you’re spraffing about, mate 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Are you ok tonight?

I'm having a civilised discussion about loan players and in this case, Martin Boyle.

Are we all supposed to say nothing because you've made a statement, whether we agree with it or not?
    Probably best not to encourage Lucy by replying to her. I thought she might've got bored by now...

Assuming Middleton is signing, he deserves the same support every other player receives. However, it'd be nice to have a bit of pace in the team at Ibrox next Sunday, and since he won't be eligible I'd like to think Hecky's still looking around at other attacking options too.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Probably best not to encourage Lucy by replying to her. I thought she might've got bored by now...

Assuming Middleton is signing, he deserves the same support every other player receives. However, it'd be nice to have a bit of pace in the team at Ibrox next Sunday, and since he won't be eligible I'd like to think Hecky's still looking around at other attacking options too.
    Going by this thread the guys on a hiding to nothing unless he’s outstanding.

Thankfully I reckon he’ll be very good for us.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    That might be right, but seeing as we have watched the same sides most of our lives, when have you seen Hibs develop a young player for another side? We swapped Boyle with Harris if I recall. Developing players for the competition? Can not recall it my friend.
    Just the various Celtic players and Boyle that I can remember. Everyone was perfectly happy when we took Liam Henderson on loan. Sure, we were in the league below, but we were still developing him for Celtic.

The fact is, we're not recruiting players to develop them. We recruit them to improve our side.

If they learn a bit while they're here, it's no skin off our nose. I understand why you find it galling, and I'd rather we didn't have to go down that road, but if he improves us, then I'm happy to swallow a bit of pride.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    That might be right, but seeing as we have watched the same sides most of our lives, when have you seen Hibs develop a young player for another side? We swapped Boyle with Harris if I recall. Developing players for the competition? Can not recall it my friend.
    Can’t you remember us picking up Scotty Allan from the Celtic under 23s and potentially shop windowing him for other clubs? Only to be denied him once again because we decided to not bend over to Celtic over McGinn.

I’m sure you hated Allan back right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Can’t you remember us picking up Scotty Allan from the Celtic under 23s and potentially shop windowing him for other clubs? Only to be denied him once again because we decided to not bend over to Celtic over McGinn.

But Allan didn't go back to Celtic and play nor did he sign for anyone else, in fact on the back of that we agreed a pre-contract in Jan and tried to get him in the January window. We may never have signed him if we didn't do the loan deal

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    But Allan didn't go back to Celtic and play nor did he sign for anyone else, in fact on the back of that we agreed a pre-contract in Jan and tried to get him in the January window. We may never have signed him if we didn't do the loan deal
    We didn’t know if Allan was going to go back and play.

My guess, just like Allan, Middleton will be used at hibs as a shop window to get some money for the player. That’s why Allan was loaned to Rotherham then Dundee then us, to advertise him surplus, Middleton will be the same. Gerrard spends too much for him to ever get an actual chance at their cesspit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    All of a sudden we are not getting a player on loan, we are developing him for Rangers. Not once have I heard anyone on this board claim that we are developing a player for someone else with all of our previous loans. Now we get a player from Rangers on loan the outcry is hilarious. Get a grip FFS.
    100% this.

If he'll make our team better then I'm delighted. My only concern is Hibernian football club.
    It's like this mad nonsense when people would prefer Hearts to lose even when them winning clearly benefited Hibs.

The only reason not to do the deal would be if there was a deal that we could do instead that got us a player as good or better that
    could play in all the matches or we could sign properly and sell on for a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Thomas Agyepong
    What is the big guy doing leaning on Thomas.
    That'll be him out for a month!

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    I don't think we should allow loans within the same league - too many potential compromises involved - but regardless of what I think, them's the rules and I'm very confident Middleton could do a right good job for us. Get him in please.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    I don't think we should allow loans within the same league - too many potential compromises involved - but regardless of what I think, them's the rules and I'm very confident Middleton could do a right good job for us. Get him in please.
    Not on the Middleton signing - I agree, sign him up.

But on the loan restriction: I'd actually go further - no loans at all.
    I'd put in place a squad size cap and say no loans as it then makes better players available to more clubs.
    It always galls me to see players barely getting a game or being rotated at Man City for example when they'd be first on the team sheet at all but a handful of other clubs.

One thing American Sport does well generally is that every club has superstars.

Watched a video on YouTube of him. Never even realised until now he’s all left foot. Thought he was right. Can expect to see him on left unless hecky sees him on the right

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Just the various Celtic players and Boyle that I can remember. Everyone was perfectly happy when we took Liam Henderson on loan. Sure, we were in the league below, but we were still developing him for Celtic.

The fact is, we're not recruiting players to develop them. We recruit them to improve our side.

If they learn a bit while they're here, it's no skin off our nose. I understand why you find it galling, and I'd rather we didn't have to go down that road, but if he improves us, then I'm happy to swallow a bit of pride.
    Bum.

Bum.
    Willy

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefki Kuqi View Post
    Willy
    Not your fault Chefki. 40yr old joke. My fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Watched a video on YouTube of him. Never even realised until now he’s all left foot. Thought he was right. Can expect to see him on left unless hecky sees him on the right
    I'd honestly recommend a few more videos, he's predominantly left footed but look very comfortable on his right in the clips I have seen

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can’t remember the last time Hibs got a player on loan from Rangers. I am sure some bright spark will remind me.

Suggests to me that Rangers are skint, with large legal bills coming down the pike and their loan dealings will be with whichever team is willing to pay more of the wages rather than a ‘preferred’ club.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post

We picked up Allan from WBA and then sold him to Celtic probably to spite Rangers at the time. Only reason he never came back to us on loan last summer or January is Lawell being a dick, Scotty had no hard feelings about the non loans and signed a pre contract.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Does not matter to me where a player comes from he will have my support whenever he plays for our club.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Derby hoping to appoint Wayne Rooney as Player Manager

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Think it’s just a player/coaching role. They’ve only just appointed Philip Cocu as manager.

McNulty , omeanga and Henderson
    none of them had success with their parent club
    its a shop window for the players to show other clubs what they can do
    money saved on wages for both clubs
    win win

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Weirdly I'd forgotten that Wayne Rooney existed.
    Mercifully, I've lost the brain cell holding the memory of the time I saw Wayne Rooney being interviewed in Hi Definition *shudders*

Does player* improve Hibs?

Yes - sign
    No - No sign

*where said player has criminal charges or is an unsavoury character then signing should be reviewed

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Think it’s just a player/coaching role. They’ve only just appointed Philip Cocu as manager.
    Getting ahead of myself as usual

Of course they did

Good win last night.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Absolutely the bottom line. All that matters is a player to improve our team. Not rocket science.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Not on the Middleton signing - I agree, sign him up.

But on the loan restriction: I'd actually go further - no loans at all.
    I'd put in place a squad size cap and say no loans as it then makes better players available to more clubs.
    It always galls me to see players barely getting a game or being rotated at Man City for example when they'd be first on the team sheet at all but a handful of other clubs.

One thing American Sport does well generally is that every club has superstars.
    I think loan players should be able to play against their parent team as happens in other leagues.

Wonder if there will be an announcement today?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We picked up Allan from WBA and then sold him to Celtic probably to spite Rangers at the time. Only reason he never came back to us on loan last summer or January is Lawell being a dick, Scotty had no hard feelings about the non loans and signed a pre contract.
    We didn't sell him to Celtic to spite The Rangers. We sold him to Celtic as they offered us money while The Rangers tapped him up all summer and offered us buttons then made out we denied him his boyhood dream.

Putting aside the opinions on The Rangers and loan systems - any news on him signing or if he has had the medical yet?