hibs.net Messageboard

Page 263 of 484 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well by 21 he hasn't cemented a first team place and doesn't look like doing so. He's been in the first team for a year and a half now. He hasn't featured as much under heckingbottom either. Don't know why you're being so arsey about it.

Maybe because players don't always hit their peaks at the age of 19-20 and if they do it's because they're super talented. Kamberi came here as a 23 year old who had done very little in his career till now, Doidge has only really started to show his best form in the past 2 years, he's now 26.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Maybe because players don't always hit their peaks at the age of 19-20 and if they do it's because they're super talented. Kamberi came here as a 23 year old who had done very little in his career till now, Doidge has only really started to show his best form in the past 2 years, he's now 26.
    I’m hoping this is just agent talk.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I think livingston, st mirren will be a considerable step up from stirling naw?

Btw you mentioned the teams,but I wouldnae fancy starting like that at ibrox second game or first derby in september like saturday.

You think we've done well in the market/pre season?
    Do you genuinely think we’ll start an away game at Tynie in September like we did on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Do you genuinely think we’ll start an away game at Tynie in September like we did on Saturday?
    First derby is at home 👍.and I hope not!!

Have you seen anything thats suggests we will start well?

Plenty other sides currently involved in the league cup seem to be managing to sweep aside their lower league opponents with ease. Motherwell being one.
    And what about St Johnstone, St Mirren, Hamilton??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Apart from them!!!

Hibs should be blowing part timers like stirling out the water!it doesn't matter how you spin it.

The high press energetic football we where told would be a signature stamp of a heckingbottom side is not yet evident.and teams will come alot more prepared for the lethargic tired looking performances that has been reported by many so far.

At the point we are at we should be buzzing and raring to go but it feels a bit flat tbh.

The signings made have added no flair thus far.and they where first picks we are being told we where lucky to attract.and the only thing I can say of them by other peoples point of view is the signings mostly will be lucky to be in the first team.

I dont buy this early doors stuff.signs should be there.heckingbottom managed the alloa game well by making the right changes at h/t.but it was meant to be a dire watch.and spl teams will have us beat on that first half showing before changes are made.

I hope the new signings become more than sqaud fillers from mostly relegated teams.but lets not beat about the bush,the transfer window so far has been dissapointing.
    Rubbish, we never looked in danger and had plenty chances we just couldn’t take them which happened at Stirling aswell. Folk pretending these games have been an even contest is daft. I’d be more worried if we weren’t creating chances and hanging on defending for our lives against these teams.

Bit more fire power and we will be fine. Boyle for example isn’t anywhere near up to full speed and will be a far bigger threat in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Rubbish, we never looked in danger and had plenty chances we just couldn’t take them which happened at Stirling aswell. Folk pretending these games have been an even contest is daft. I’d be more worried if we weren’t creating chances and hanging on defending for our lives against these teams.

Bit more fire power and we will be fine. Boyle for example isn’t anywhere near up to full speed and will be a far bigger threat in a few weeks
    Ok.😕

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Never mind Kilmarnock!!!

Gregor Woods has signed for Spartans on a dev loan for the season.

@hibs.net private member
    Plenty other sides currently involved in the league cup seem to be managing to sweep aside their lower league opponents with ease. Motherwell being one.
    How many new signings at Motherwell?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Good move for him Underscore, didn’t play as much as I thought last season,?due to some injuries
    Hope it goes well for him

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

We couldn’t break down Stirling Albion after they scored. The same Stirling Albion that in their next two games to part time sides lost 9-1 on Agg. That is cold hard facts, we drew with one of the *****st sides in Scotland m. Fire power means sod all if chances aren’t being created.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Quite a few, their MOTM, Jermaine Hylton, against Morton was signed from Solihull Moors! Posters on here who're upset at us signing tier 3 players will no doubt soon be asking why we didn't sign this tier 5 player!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Quite a few, their MOTM, Jermaine Hylton, against Morton was signed from Solihull Moors! Posters on here who're upset at us signing tier 3 players will no doubt soon be asking why we didn't sign this tier 5 player!
    There’s not many people upset about where the signings have come from as far I’ve seen. It’s what they have produced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Apart from them!!!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We better be interested in a few strikers if both Kamberi and Shaw are being linked away.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Embarrassingly I don't think I have heard of this young guy. Hope the loan works out well for him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We better be interested in a few strikers if both Kamberi and Shaw are being linked away.
    It opens a lot more doors to guys coming in that’s for sure. I’m surprised Oli is allowed to go on a permanent if he goes.

Left by mutual consent!
    He looks decent too.

@hibs.net private member
    Reading sign Charlie Adam... hopefully this will mean they need to get rid of players quickly to fund this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    There’s not many people upset about where the signings have come from as far I’ve seen. It’s what they have produced so far.
    Seriously?, I've seen many posts suggesting these players are not good enough for us, some before a ball was kicked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    He looks decent too.
    He certainly did!

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hibs should be blowing part timers like stirling out the water!it doesn't matter how you spin it.

The high press energetic football we where told would be a signature stamp of a heckingbottom side is not yet evident.and teams will come alot more prepared for the lethargic tired looking performances that has been reported by many so far.

At the point we are at we should be buzzing and raring to go but it feels a bit flat tbh.

The signings made have added no flair thus far.and they where first picks we are being told we where lucky to attract.and the only thing I can say of them by other peoples point of view is the signings mostly will be lucky to be in the first team.

I dont buy this early doors stuff.signs should be there.heckingbottom managed the alloa game well by making the right changes at h/t.but it was meant to be a dire watch.and spl teams will have us beat on that first half showing before changes are made.

I hope the new signings become more than sqaud fillers from mostly relegated teams.but lets not beat about the bush,the transfer window so far has been dissapointing.
    Read this a few times and maybe I’ll need one of those experts on Football Manager 2019 or whatever to explain it to me. But to me the high press sounds like not falling back when you lose the ball and instead pressing your opponent for the ball high up the pitch in their half. So when we have been playing a team kind of camped on the edge of their own box without the ball, I’m at a loss how we press.

The problem there is breaking them down not pressing for what you mostly already have. Course I’m bound to be wrong as I had to work out that a DM was not a department manager and an AM was not an attempt to tell the time or the assistant coach. Worked it out though its defender or attacker missing in action.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    First derby is at home 👍.and I hope not!!

Have you seen anything thats suggests we will start well?
    Common sense would suggest we are going to be sharper than we are now when utilising a squad and changing formation mid game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Seriously?, I've seen many posts suggesting these players are not good enough for us, some before a ball was kicked.
    I’ve not seen many if any posts saying the players aren’t good enough before they’ve played. In fact with James, Doidge, Newell and Vela the exact opposite. I think it’s actually high expectation based on them being wanted or being at a not bad level has made expectations perhaps a little too high.

Be surprised if Blackburn, Wigan and Barnsley are actually after Shaw.

Maybe they see a lot of potential and available for cheap as Heckingbottom doesn’t seem to rate him? Not had much game time this pre season or even end of last when Heck came in.

What sort of fee could we attract for him? Or a player swap type deal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Maybe they see a lot of potential and available for cheap as Heckingbottom doesn’t seem to rate him? Not had much game time this pre season or even end of last when Heck came in.

We're being quoted as definitely keeping him & value him in 7 figures! Seems PH does rate him!

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Better a swap deal than a wee amount of money imo.