hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 256 of 425 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 12742
  1. #7651
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imo if shaw has to cover us for a few weeks then we are muddling through rather than having a good option. We need more
    Problem is you’re not gonna get a much better option to come and sit on the bench in case he’s needed.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #7652
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best to shut this thread down now

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...eporting-story

    Done and dusted he says.
    Maybe Wee Ron has seen the signings so far don’t look up to scratch and Hecky isn’t getting any more money?

  4. #7653
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,327
    If that's us done Hecky will be gone by Christmas and we'll be rebuilding in January to stave off relegation. We don't have a midfield unit to cope in this league, albeit we have some very good midfielders.

    Fortunately I think he's at it.........

  5. #7654
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He can't not say anything though can he? He's asked at the press conference are you happy with the recruitment this summer, what is he meant to say? I won't comment on that or no comment ect? The press would pick up on that in a second. It's easier just to tow the party line and say he's happy and will go with what he's got if need be.

    I'd be amazed if we don't make at least 1more significant signing before the start of the season.
    He could have said he was happy with what we have so far in the window and move on. That’s a clear indication he’s happy with the squad give or take one or two. It doesn’t look like any sort of improvement from last year and without McNulty or Omegonga it’s even weaker than last season arguably and that’s going from last seasons squad being definitely weaker than the squad the season before that.

  6. #7655
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's us done Hecky will be gone by Christmas and we'll be rebuilding in January to stave off relegation. We don't have a midfield unit to cope in this league, albeit we have some very good midfielders.

    Fortunately I think he's at it.........
    Bloody well hope so.

  7. #7656
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Wee Ron has seen the signings so far don’t look up to scratch and Hecky isn’t getting any more money?
    I’m not very sure he’s going to come in and judge signings over a few games then make that decision. Hecky will be fully backed and will be judged between now and January.

  8. #7657
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,060
    He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee.

  9. #7658
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee.
    That could depend how quickly Slivka gets himself up and running imo.

  10. #7659
    The other thing Cummings has that I think we’re missing is the ability to score out of absolutley nothing.

    Outside the box, tight angle, cheeky attempts he will try and score from.

    Im not sure our strikers have that about them. Kamberi has scored a couple in his time, outside the box twice against Celtic but he was more that go horrible wide or he scuffs from distance.

  11. #7660
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee.
    Aye, Doidge and Kamberi injured tomorrow.

  12. #7661
    Testimonial Due SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,209
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, Doidge and Kamberi injured tomorrow.
    Are they?

  13. #7662
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, Doidge and Kamberi injured tomorrow.
    Hahaha aye are they? If true then Christ we’re in trouble even if it is only Alloa

  14. #7663
    First Team Breakthrough HFC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, Doidge and Kamberi injured tomorrow.
    This passed me by.

  15. #7664
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, Doidge and Kamberi injured tomorrow.
    Where's that been said? Doidge spoke to the media today and didn't seem to mention it?

  16. #7665
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,521
    Think the poster is saying if they get injured tomorrow then that’ll be circumstances changed and we’ll need to buy someone else.

  17. #7666
    Testimonial Due Wakeyhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Largs
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,299
    I'm taking this as "we are done....for now". The players we want are out of reach.

    So do we either sit for a while until the English windows draws to a close or do we start looking at lower leagues/targets when our main targets position might change in the next 6 weeks.

    Was just thinking this time last year we had Kamberi and Shaw. We've got Doidge for McLaren. So up front not any less choice than NL had

  18. #7667
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are they?
    No, I was replying to Heisenberg who said "He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee."

    I was meaning Doidge and Kamberi getting injured tomorrow would be a significant change in circumstances. Apologies for being misleading. I'd have said they are both injured or they are both injured "for" tomorrow.

  19. #7668
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the poster is saying if they get injured tomorrow then that’ll be circumstances changed and we’ll need to buy someone else.
    Yes, that's exactly what I was meaning. Thanks Bingo.

  20. #7669
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm taking this as "we are done....for now". The players we want are out of reach.

    So do we either sit for a while until the English windows draws to a close or do we start looking at lower leagues/targets when our main targets position might change in the next 6 weeks.

    Was just thinking this time last year we had Kamberi and Shaw. We've got Doidge for McLaren. So up front not any less choice than NL had
    I didn’t think that was enough then either to be honest.

    It’s a bit different now with us playing one up front, if that’s the case I think having 3 forwards is enough.

    I really would like us to sign another winger though, I think we’re really struggling for depth there. Last season we struggled when Boyle was injured and although he’s back now he will be away a lot with Australia and it appears Newells best position is going to be more central.

    Another midfielder and a winger/forward that can play on the wings of a 3 us still needed imo.

  21. #7670
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I was replying to Heisenberg who said "He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee."

    I was meaning Doidge and Kamberi getting injured tomorrow would be a significant change in circumstances. Apologies for being misleading. I'd have said they are both injured or they are both injured "for" tomorrow.
    Maybe the "circumstances" relate to players we want, but can't currently get - e.g. club wants bigger fee than we want to pay, player wants more money than we have offered or wants to wait a bit longer before deciding. So if we get to the closing of the English window it could be that these circumstances could change back in our favour.

  22. #7671
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s average and i would be staggered if we signed him again and made him our highest paid player.
    This

  23. #7672
    Testimonial Due Wakeyhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Largs
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t think that was enough then either to be honest.

    It’s a bit different now with us playing one up front, if that’s the case I think having 3 forwards is enough.

    I really would like us to sign another winger though, I think we’re really struggling for depth there. Last season we struggled when Boyle was injured and although he’s back now he will be away a lot with Australia and it appears Newells best position is going to be more central.

    Another midfielder and a winger/forward that can play on the wings of a 3 us still needed imo.
    I'd go with that, we're got loads of midfielders if you Inc Boyle & Horgan but not the variety or right mix unless Vela is more DM. "

  24. #7673
    First Team Regular Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Wee Ron has seen the signings so far don’t look up to scratch and Hecky isn’t getting any more money?
    Ron knows very little about football so i doubt he would be in a position to judge Heckingbottom

  25. #7674
    First Team Regular Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The other thing Cummings has that I think we’re missing is the ability to score out of absolutley nothing.

    Outside the box, tight angle, cheeky attempts he will try and score from.

    Im not sure our strikers have that about them. Kamberi has scored a couple in his time, outside the box twice against Celtic but he was more that go horrible wide or he scuffs from distance.
    Cummings would be ideal for that out of nothing ability suet we have to take him back its a no brainer for me.

  26. #7675
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron knows very little about football so i doubt he would be in a position to judge Heckingbottom
    What makes you say that Ron knows very little about football?

  27. #7676
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I was replying to Heisenberg who said "He says “unless circumstances change”. Circumstances will definitely change as the next few weeks go on. Absolute guarantee."

    I was meaning Doidge and Kamberi getting injured tomorrow would be a significant change in circumstances. Apologies for being misleading. I'd have said they are both injured or they are both injured "for" tomorrow.
    Marciano, Allan, Horgan or whomever getting injured tomorrow would also significantly change circumstances.

  28. #7677
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,104
    I don’t think for one second that we’re done. Presuming that Vela is on a similar wage to what Ojo’s final salary offer would have been, there’s the £130K fee that wasn’t spent. Some has maybe gone to Vela as a signing on fee, mind you.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 19-07-2019 at 08:09 PM.

  29. #7678
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you say that Ron knows very little about football?
    I was going to ask the same.

  30. #7679
    Testimonial Due brydekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading between the lines I think this is Heckie talk for unless Omeonga & McNulty become affordable to us we are not actively pursuing anyone else.
    Agree

  31. #7680
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,751
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t think for one second that we’re done. Presuming that Vela is on a similar wage to what Ojo’s final salary offer would have been, there’s the £130K fee that wasn’t spent. Some has maybe gone to Vela as a signing on fee, mind you.

    I would think a good chunk of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved