hibs.net Messageboard

Page 200 of 484 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 14514
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Them over the road bring in more money because more of their supporters give more cash to the manky ones simples really.
    True.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It should never have been allowed to happen even before our new guy.

It’s major disappointing to lose out on a player to Aberdeen in a position desperate for and have been waiting on the player. Now making excuses why it’s a good thing is mental. “Didnae want him anyway he’s a bad attitude” it’s a blow, a blow in the same way it was about to be a signal of intent and ambition had he signed.
    Its no an excuse though is it.
    I would be delighted if he goes to aberdeen and thats been the way ive seen it since he refused to train.

Alan stubbs said a player needs to be the right type,and thats stood us in good health as a club.excellent ethos,which we still reap the rewards from to this day.

If he could use the money elsewhere the player wouldn’t be the number one target.
    1000% he was

So they haven’t just now then?

They have managed to secure £6m more funding pa than us, them across the road also get more income DESPITE us having bigger crowds and more season tickets. That’s a massive failure somewhere and not having a ****ing kit sponsor can’t help matters.
    It’s not an actual gap of £6m. It’s been mentioned many times before about certain commercial arrangements at Hibs being outsourced, which isn’t the case at Aberdeen. Their costs will be significantly higher than ours as a consequence.

There could be many reasons for the sponsorship decision this year, it’s not going to have a material impact. It’s been reiterated several times.

It should never have been allowed to happen even before our new guy.

It’s major disappointing to lose out on a player to Aberdeen in a position desperate for and have been waiting on the player. Now making excuses why it’s a good thing is mental. “Didnae want him anyway he’s a bad attitude” it’s a blow, a blow in the same way it was about to be a signal of intent and ambition had he signed.
    I argued the same point 10 years and more back. But STF did more than he ever had to and unfortunately until LD we've not had someone capable enough on the footballing side IMO. We had no one in the wings to take it off STF either.

Ron's expertise is in Communications and business in general hopefully we will now close the gap and surpass it.

So no it's not disappointing as it stands. In 3-5 years yes it will be.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    I argued the same point 10 years and more back. But STF did more than he ever had to and unfortunately until LD we've not had someone capable enough on the footballing side IMO. We had no one in the wings to take it off STF either.

Ron's expertise is in Communications and business in general hopefully we will now close the gap and surpass it.

So no it's not disappointing as it stands. In 3-5 years yes it will be.
    I’m hoping the Director he appointed, Archie Stewart Paton,has a few contacts in this area
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 12-07-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m hoping the Director he appointed, Archie Stewart, has a few contacts in this area
    Archie Paton?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Archie Paton?
    Him too😄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    We do have the money though. The new owner says the club will decide what to spend it on. Looks like it might be facilities again instead of first choice targets.
    This is the issue for me. Players don't choose Aberdeen for the weather - they pay more than us. A new training centre is understandable but it won't compensate for our rivals paying more in wages than us.

RG is just in the door and has been clear about growing the club which is to be applauded. But if the ambition is to be one of the best teams in the country the focus must be on the playing budget. Infrastructure shouldn't be an immediate priority.

So they haven’t just now then?

They have managed to secure £6m more funding pa than us, them across the road also get more income DESPITE us having bigger crowds and more season tickets. That’s a massive failure somewhere and not having a ****ing kit sponsor can’t help matters.

All good points ,I have banged on for years about our dreadful lack of even competent marketing and commercial drive.

I really hope RG can generate the staff ,contacts and ambition we need,there has in the past been the dead hand of indifference and failure which I really hope to hell is now gone.

At the erse end of last season this guy had probably never heard of Hibs or Aberdeen. His team gets relegated. Heckys connections probably alerted hibs. He listens to offers, takes the best paying one and that's where he will go. Whichever club don't end up signing will sign someone else.
    If he was hot property he would be staying in England. Probably do OK in the spl, but not worth all the hand wringing on here about the state of club finance. As someone here pointed out, we spent 3 years in the championship whilst Aberdeen were finishing 2nd, TV money, Europe guaranteed. That is why they can pay more

@hibs.net private member
    Shankland scores within 10 minutes against Hearts

Reported that Ojo is away to with a 2 year deal with Aberdeen.

i was really looking forward to this guy but sometimes there are signs it’s just not meant to be and there has been plenty for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Shankland scores within 10 minutes against Hearts
    I'm sure he won't be the last player to score against Hearts.
    Well set up by Stanton btw

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

i was really looking forward to this guy but sometimes there are signs it’s just not meant to be and there has been plenty for this one.
    Just like busses there will be another one along soon.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

The Sun now reporting he’s signed for them and will be announced in the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Just like busses there will be another one along soon.
    Correct mate.

Ceazy how 24 hours can have such a big impact on how fans were feeling. This time last night everyone was excited about the prospect of him joining along with potentially McNulty and Omeonga.

Fast forward to now and everyone is dejected.

Thats football I suppose.

Actually hate Aberdeen

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll probably take flak for this but this is piss poor from Hibs and it's a massive PR blow imo. I don't buy for a second we couldn't match what they're offering if we wanted to. I've thought for years that our wage structure is far too rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    I'll probably take flak for this but this is piss poor from Hibs and it's a massive PR blow imo. I don't buy for a second we couldn't match what they're offering if we wanted to. I've thought for years that our wage structure is far too rigid.
    I can easily believe Aberdeen can offer more than us. The stats and wages don’t lie

Ojo sounds like a bit of a James Blunt. He'll be whoring himself to sevco at the end of the season if he's any good
    Last edited by Since452; 12-07-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Actually hate Aberdeen
    Naw, just done like the fitba team and their sheep ****ging support.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Even if that was true, I wouldn’t go chucking loads of cash at him. He agreed to sign for us before but has changed his mind at the sight of a bit more cash. Aberdeen coming in for him shouldn’t force us to up our offer significantly, if at all.

Seems like other clubs are more flexible and therefore able to clinch deals we cannot.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    A decent season and he’ll be chucking the toys out the pram again cause Aberdeen won’t let him move to an English championship team

Disappointing as we’d clearly identified him as a target

But a leopard doesn’t change its spots

We move on

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    We were too slow to act.

Aberdeen missed there first choice target end of last week..... We had since the end of May to come to an agreement

We took the risk and looks like we have lost out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 12-07-2019 at 07:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I must admit that PH’s press conference makes these situations easier. Clear idea of the type of person he wants in and don’t think he will be long in moving on.

From a fans perspective feels like the Luke Whatever deal from a few seasons ago: nice to be talking about transfers through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Seems like other clubs are more flexible and therefore able to clinch deals we cannot.
    Or other clubs have more money? What’re people not understanding about this? ABERDEEN HAVE MORE MONEY THAN US AND CAN THEREFORE OFFER MORE MONEY

I’d be more disappointed if we didn’t have a contingency plan of at least 3 other choices.

Heck makes a salient point today, why bust the wage structure? Especially for one player none of us had heard off until the last few weeks. As others have noted he’ll be off somewhere else as soon as there’s a sniff of interest.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can easily believe Aberdeen can offer more than us. The stats and wages don’t lie
    Irrespective of turnover I thought they had a new stadium and training centre to finance ??? If we can't match or better Aberdeen for players we want in this situation then surely our short term goal of being 'best of the rest' seem a tad unrealistic no?