hibs.net Messageboard

Page 199 of 484 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My next door neighbour always goes on great holidays. This year I really fancied outdoing him so I booked a 5 star cruise round the Caribbean, I saved for years to pay for it and it cleaned me out. He's just informed me that he's booked the same cruise but he's added a week in Vegas to the end staying in a suite in a top hotel. I'm fuming he has managed to outdo me again but I just can't afford what he can.

Can someone advise how I can conjure up money that doesn't exist so I can match his ambition?
    Sorry about your holiday ambitions prettyboy, can only suggest you go see a money-lender or perhaps crowd-fund, you could start up something like a prettyboy supporters club and get a whole load of people to send you in cash so you could spend this on your ambitions. It may take a bit of time but eventually you will be able to compete with your neighbour if this is really important to you.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    been out on loan a few times
    Yeah noticed that, also wonder with Rossiter going there on loan if it’s now a goer?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Blow all what cash? It’s bloody Aberdeen ffs. We have more supporters through the gate than them. If they can give more money to players meaning we lose top targets it’s the fault of the club. There’s no two ways about it.
    Ah I forgot we had a bigger turnover than them. Last count we were £6m behind I believe it was. Unless Ron's largesse is in this region or bigger, yes should we blow all our cash on these kind of deals?

@hibs.net private member
    No way this should be used as a stick to beat Hibs with. We made him an offer which he accepted. There was a hold up through his own fault and, because of that, we actually ended up having to agree a decent fee with his club. After all of that he has backed out of his word at the last minute and chosen to go to a rival for a bit more money, even though they weren't interested in the first place!! Shameful and disrespectful. We were quite right not to up our offer.

Assuming he does go to them, Big Daz, Gray and Porto will have an eye on him when he comes to play at Easter Road, that's for sure. I predict he will get a dull one.
    Last edited by PH91; 12-07-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Ah I forgot we had a bigger turnover than them. Last count we were £6m behind I believe it was. Unless Ron's largesse is in this region or bigger, yes should we blow all our cash on these kind of deals?
    Who’s fault is it we are £6m behind them when our fans do our bit and have much larger gates than them season after season? Is that finally admitting defeat that they are a bigger club than us? Or is the club not maximising potential revenue while they are?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The more I look at it, the more I agree with you here, it looks like his agent has played a fly one thinking Scunny wouldn't remember the release clause and it's came back to bite them, now he's looking for more cash as another club is interested. If he had agreed terms, then why have these same terms suddenly became not good enough, if he wants to squeeze more cash from us, the he can **** off.
    its just business nothing else, not fussed if the guy arrives at Hibs or not, we will get another to fill the role, we need 3 or 4 good players in to begin to compete at the higher end of the table.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    No way this should be used as a stick to beat Hibs with. We made him an offer which he accepted. There was a hold up through his own fault and, because of that, we actually ended up having to agree a decent fee with his club. After all of that he has backed out of his word at the last minute and chosen to go to a rival for a bit more money, even though they weren't interested in the first place!! Shameful. We were quite right not to up our offer.

Assuming he does go to them, Big Daz, Gray and Porto will have an eye on him when he comes to play at Easter Road, that's for sure. I predict he will get a dull one.
    Absolutely agree with all of this.

Who’s fault is it we are £6m behind them when our fans do our bit and have much larger gates than them season after season? Is that finally admitting defeat that they are a bigger club than us? Or is the club not maximising potential revenue while they are?
    We could always get a sponsor to re-name the stadium and blow the sheep out the water.

I really hope he signs for aberdeen,his agent spraffing and him not training was a huge no already in my book.but once aberdeen came in to then have your head turned like that,says alot about his professionalism.huge alarm bells!!

Pull the plug imo.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    We could always get a sponsor to re-name the stadium and blow the sheep out the water.
    Have they got a stadium sponsor?

We could always have a kit sponsor and try keep up with them.

Ours and we know why, But Ron's been in the door 2 minutes. A bit early for a complete reversal

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    But that is reality, don't have to make it a negative thing? We will put our best foot forward and if players don't want to buy into that then that's ok and we move on
    If Ojo wants to play for Dons, that’s his decision. I’m just saying that with them having a much bigger budget than Hibs, unless we can catch them, Ron won’t be able to make us best of the rest

@hibs.net private member
    Ojo was a free transfer. Due to his and his agents balls up, he’s already cost us a £125k transfer fee that we weren't anticipating.

Now that there is competition, maybe an extra grand a week as well. Over 3 years including the transfer fee that’s nearly £300k more than we had originally planned:

If he chooses to sign for the sheep, the he’ll soon realise the errors of his way. I’m sure PH will be able to use that £309k better elsewhere.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Ours and we know why, But Ron's been in the door 2 minutes. A bit early for a complete reversal
    It should never have been allowed to happen even before our new guy.

It’s major disappointing to lose out on a player to Aberdeen in a position desperate for and have been waiting on the player. Now making excuses why it’s a good thing is mental. “Didnae want him anyway he’s a bad attitude” it’s a blow, a blow in the same way it was about to be a signal of intent and ambition had he signed.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Agree with that while other teams appear to have brought in external revenue we seem to have fallen behind in that respect, makes the decision to go without a shirt sponsor this season all the more bewildering. That could have been the difference between signing Ojo and him choosing Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Ojo was a free transfer. Due to his and his agents balls up, he’s already cost us a £125k transfer fee that we weren't anticipating.

Now that there is competition, maybe an extra grand a week as well. Over 3 years including the transfer fee that’s nearly £300k more than we had originally planned:

If he chooses to sign for the sheep, the he’ll soon realise the errors of his way. I’m sure PH will be able to use that £309k better elsewhere.
    That's okay. I read we have an extra 500k a year now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

If he could use the money elsewhere the player wouldn’t be the number one target.

Who said Ojo was the number one target ?

Have they got a stadium sponsor?

We could always have a kit sponsor and try keep up with them.
    Not sure but reckon they will when the new ones finished, could we get a kit sponsor to pony up 6mill for us just to keep up wi them, as things stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    In this case he has a great point, Dons Commercial revenue dwarfs Hibs, and has done for years. They’ve been rewarded by having a 2nd place finish many times
    Something that is conveniently ignored when this point is continually raised, is our relegation. In simple terms, Aberdeen took advantage of a league missing us, Hearts and Rangers and that gave them a head start. They finished second and did well enough in Europe to benefit from the prize money.

The latest financial statements published to give a source of comparison, are from our first season back in the top league. Did anyone expect us to be on a level financial footing with Aberdeen after one year back?

The fact is we are closing the gap every year. We’ve done better in our attendance and our player trading. And we improved on prize money from Europe (although that will be reversed this year of course). The board have attracted what appears to be a fantastic new owner which again, enhances our football budget.

People need to have some perspective.

Aberdeen have been marginally outspending us for years and it’s paid off. They have consistently finished higher than us and we need to start competing with them. If we don’t, then overtaking them will be very difficult.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Who said Ojo was the number one target ?
    Behave.

Behave.
    Do you know we’ve not already missed out on number 1 ?

Or we have 4 or 5 choices and no particular preference. Could be working on a few at the same time

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Not sure but reckon they will when the new ones finished, could we get a kit sponsor to pony up 6mill for us just to keep up wi them, as things stand?
    So they haven’t just now then?

They have managed to secure £6m more funding pa than us, them across the road also get more income DESPITE us having bigger crowds and more season tickets. That’s a massive failure somewhere and not having a ****ing kit sponsor can’t help matters.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Something that is conveniently ignored when this point is continually raised, is our relegation. In simple terms, Aberdeen took advantage of a league missing us, Hearts and Rangers and that gave them a head start. They finished second and did well enough in Europe to benefit from the prize money.

The latest financial statements published to give a source of comparison, are from our first season back in the top league. Did anyone expect us to be on a level financial footing with Aberdeen after one year back?

The fact is we are closing the gap every year. We’ve done better in our attendance and our player trading. And we improved on prize money from Europe (although that will be reversed this year of course). The board have attracted what appears to be a fantastic new owner which again, enhances our football budget.

Valid points Tyler

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Do you know we’ve not already missed out on number 1 ?
    No we offered the boy a contract a month or so ago and have now bid for him for ****s and giggles. Our number one target is still on holiday somewhere awaiting an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My next door neighbour always goes on great holidays. This year I really fancied outdoing him so I booked a 5 star cruise round the Caribbean, I saved for years to pay for it and it cleaned me out. He's just informed me that he's booked the same cruise but he's added a week in Vegas to the end staying in a suite in a top hotel. I'm fuming he has managed to outdo me again but I just can't afford what he can.

Can someone advise how I can conjure up money that doesn't exist so I can match his ambition?
    Change your name to THE Pretty boy and don't pay yer bills and you will end up with better holidays than the neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Change your name to THE Pretty boy and don't pay yer bills and you will end up with better holidays than the neighbour
    The neighbour pays the bills - they just seem to have a higher income yearly despite having less customers.

So they haven’t just now then?

They have managed to secure £6m more funding pa than us, them across the road also get more income DESPITE us having bigger crowds and more season tickets. That’s a massive failure somewhere and not having a ****ing kit sponsor can’t help matters.
    Them over the road bring in more money because more of their supporters give more cash to the manky ones simples really.