hibs.net Messageboard

Page 194 of 484 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 14514
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Unless Gordon has some sort of massive transfer investment planned in the next few seasons, we're going to keep losing out to Aberdeen for players.

I'm now having visions of him shutting down our midfield in the latest 0-1 at ER.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Speedway has voiced his opinion that the signings his summer are not the calibre he expects at hibs. Although i can see his/her argument with regards to the calibre of league they have come from and with the pre-season performances, until these players have had time to bed in and until we witness them playing competitive games amongst a strong 11, i think this assessment is premature.

On the flip side, though, there have been plenty of posters delighted with the signings and stating what a brilliant transfer window it has been. I think this is also premature for exactly the same reasons.

I am sure the argument of both sides will continue for first couple of months of the season until the new signings are looking like a success or failure, at which point those arguing will be ready to jump on here and tell everyone how right they were (with their complete guess).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless Gordon has some sort of massive transfer investment planned in the next few seasons, we're going to keep losing out to Aberdeen for players.

I'm now having visions of him shutting down our midfield in the latest 0-1 at ER.
    Which is shocking when you look at what the crowds are between the clubs. Hibs really need to go their game commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If we lose out on one of our main targets to a rival, when we’re massively short in that particular position, then people will be disappointed.
    There'll be a DM kicking about somewhere that Aberdeen don't want, I'm sure.

Heckingbottom said it's just a wait and see situation with Ojo. He's been offered a deal by us.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Which is shocking when you look at what the crowds are between the clubs. Hibs really need to go their game commercially.
    If Gordon can't/won't put in as much money as their seemingly endless crowd of American investors, there's not a lot we can do. We certainly can't compete with them as he clearly wants us to.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    What's Heckinbottom saying - read he had some pointed words but wasn't revealed what they were

Looks like we are losing a top target at 11th hour

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If Gordon can't/won't put in as much money as their seemingly endless crowd of American investors, there's not a lot we can do. We certainly can't compete with them as he clearly wants us to.
    Their investors don’t even own the club either. Pretty pish outlook.

I would hope that, given time, the backing of someone like Gordon can help us attract players over a team like Aberdeen. As it stands, however, you can’t blame the guy if he chooses Aberdeen - excellent record in the last few years, and great manager. Good chance of Europa footy to boot.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    What's Heckinbottom saying - read he had some pointed words but wasn't revealed what they were

Looks like we are losing a top target at 11th hour

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Aye that’s what I saw. I don’t actually know what he’s said, just that he said some pointed words about it.

Just watching the PH press conference, he just said we have made him an offer and he’s waiting on the outcome. It’s within the players rights to find the best deal / club that suits himself, as it is for hibs to find the right players for the club.

I personally think there is a whiff of the Jim Duffy era about our pre-season signings tbh. I hope I’m wrong here it’s just my gut feel and like Speedway I’m very underwhelmed on that front. I’m going along to the game tomorrow in Stirling and still full of new season optimism regardless...

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Press conference was fine. Said we have made him a really good offer and now it's a waiting game. Looking for players who buy into what we're trying to build so won't break the bank for anyone. Seems fair enough to me.

https://youtu.be/J0gKr3H-BiU

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    So he spoke with Heckingbottom yesterday and is now going to go up to Aberdeen and speak with McIness. Nothing saying definitely is signing for them.

Seems like he is just weighing up both options before deciding which one to go for. Nothing wrong with that.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Press conference was fine. Said we have made him a really good offer and now it's a waiting game. Looking for players who buy into what we're trying to build so won't break the bank for anyone. Seems fair enough to me.

https://youtu.be/J0gKr3H-BiU
    Don’t know where Alan Temple got the “pointed words” patter from then. Seems pretty normal. We’ve offered him the best we can. If it’s not good enough then so be it.

Sounds like the DR (and I) have jumped the gun again.

We still have plenty time before the season starts to identify a backup. At least we're identifying this as a problem position.

That's fine. If he goes there then we should just nip in and get Aberdeen's first choice for the position McGeouch back home.

Know nothing about the player really, but it would be losing him to Aberdeen that's the disappointing thing here. Was hoping that with the debt gone and funds in the club that we would at least be able to match them wages wise.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    So he spoke with Heckingbottom yesterday and is now going to go up to Aberdeen and speak with McIness. Nothing saying definitely is signing for them.

Seems like he is just weighing up both options before deciding which one to go for. Nothing wrong with that.
    It's kinda funny given all our fans were slagging their chairman for being dodgy with the clause. Ojo was a martyr under the yoke of S****horpes boot and being denied his one wish to join Hibs. Now he's assessing his options...

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Know nothing about the player really, but it would be losing him to Aberdeen that's the disappointing thing here. Was hoping that with the debt gone and funds in the club that we would at least be able to match them wages wise.
    If we are going to consistently compete with them then we need to simple as that.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Ojo looking at both bags of sweeties it seems.

Agrees a deal with a new club, when his existing club tells him he doesn't followed correct protocol to join new club he responds by claiming he's ill and going on strike, resurrects deal with new club once they stump up cash and then plays them off against new club 2.0.

This boy or his agent are showing their true colours big time. Sheep are welcome to him. I hope we withdraw our offer while he's travelling up there.

I will be raging if he goes to Aberdeen, mainly because Hecky clearly really wants him.

What I will say is Iv never seen him play, but he doesn’t appear to be coming across the best.

Confusion over contract
    refusing to train
    handing in transfer request
    changing club he had already agreed a deal with

Maybe a bit of an attitude problem.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I will be raging if he goes to Aberdeen, mainly because Hecky clearly really wants him.

What I will say is Iv never seen him play, but he doesn’t appear to be coming across the best.

Confusion over contract
    refusing to train

Raging? As strong as that?

I’ll be a little miffed but we move on ffs

Confusion over contract
    refusing to train

All things considered maybe it's a blessing if he ends up going to Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

Agrees a deal with a new club, when his existing club tells him he doesn't followed correct protocol to join new club he responds by claiming he's ill and going on strike, resurrects deal with new club once they stump up cash and then plays them off against new club 2.0.

This boy or his agent are showing their true colours big time. Sheep are welcome to him. I hope we withdraw our offer while he's travelling up there.
    I do agree Ojo is not coming out of this looking great. The refusing to train with his current club rang alarm bells right away.

Yeah just listened to the press conference, quite happy with what he is saying.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

I didn't have much sympathy for him when I first heard the story tbh. Agents job is to make sure their clients interests are looked after, including the contracts they sign. S****horpe are getting a fee so clearly in the right. Pulling a Neymar and not turning up to training is a big red flag. If one of our players behaved like him to force a move we'd be raging.

We really need to start beating Aberdeen on the park as our record against them since promotion has been *****. They get on my nerves. Another season of them scraping out *****y time wasting 1 goal wins at Easter road can't happen.

I was concerned that Ojo "downed tools" at Scunny. It appears it was his agents fault not Scunnys for the resulting mess.

If this is PH s top target then I would still like to get him but there is a question mark over whether he would play these type of games with Hibs also long term when it suited him.

He'd already agreed terms, Omeonga has bigged us up apparantly..... dunno if we might dodge a bullet here????

Confusion over contract
    refusing to train

Yup.

If he has one good season with us or Aberdeen and clubs are after him next summer then he'll pull the same antics again, no matter the length of contract. Showing his true colours.