Page 188 of 484 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 14514
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doidge, McNulty, King-Ojo and Omeonga?
    No danger. Far, far too much to wish/hope for.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've already got a song for Funso Ojo but i'm holding back publishing it incase he decides to ruin his career by joining the sheepies instead

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    No danger. Far, far too much to wish/hope for.

I don’t think so either tbf

McNulty and Omeonga will both be on wages we couldn’t match so the the best bet for either of those two are loans IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    He can play anywhere across the midfield astounded that fans don't see how good he is ill be astonished if we get him back the guy is quality

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Personally I don’t see the huge fuss over him, he made a good impact at the time as he had plenty energy, great attitude and closed players down well.

On the ball however he wasn’t as good, he could make a yard of space or nip past someone but his final ball, pass or shot was often lacking.

I’m not convinced about him defensively either if he was told to sit or be disciplined.

I like the guy and think he’s a good player, but I think some fans have hyped him up way too much. I don’t know if it’s because he’s a very likeable guy or what.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Personally I don’t see the huge fuss over him, he made a good impact at the time as he had plenty energy, great attitude and closed players down well.

On the ball however he wasn’t as good, he could make a yard of space or nip past someone but his final ball, pass or shot was often lacking.

I’m not convinced about him defensively either if he was told to sit or be disciplined.

I like the guy and think he’s a good player, but I think some fans have hyped him up way too much. I don’t know if it’s because he’s a very likeable guy or what.
    I think we used him wrong towards the end of last season.

We really had no creativity so we had to play him further forward than he’s probably good at.

As a busy industrious midfielder to win the ball and give it to the likes of Allan would be a good signing imo.

I can’t claim to have seen every game he played but I seem to remember him getting one or two assists after some good play. I’d agree that he’s not the answer defensively but I think he offers enough going forward, and enough energy for pressing, to be worth a punt. Like McNulty I’d be wary of paying a big fee but if we can get him for a reasonable price I think its a no brainer.

FWIW I think having a personality like him is good for the dressing room, I can’t quite put my finger on it but I reckon his sophisticated piano playing ways could set a good example for the rest of the chaps.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Agree with this!

He was very good at nicking the ball off opponents

Final third lacking but is still a young player and if he added that to his game what a player he would be

Wee Tam was a likeable wee guy was electric when he came on up at Dundee but is made of paper

Whatever happened to Bigibigi?

Hopefully we get Ojo tied doon soon. 😁
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-07-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefki Kuqi View Post
    I can’t claim to have seen every game he played but I seem to remember him getting one or two assists after some good play. I’d agree that he’s not the answer defensively but I think he offers enough going forward, and enough energy for pressing, to be worth a punt. Like McNulty I’d be wary of paying a big fee but if we can get him for a reasonable price I think its a no brainer.

FWIW I think having a personality like him is good for the dressing room, I can’t quite put my finger on it but I reckon his sophisticated piano playing ways could set a good example for the rest of the chaps.
    Think he got one assist and it was a peach against St Johnstone.

He certainly has ability but I think it’s just finding his proper position. I would take him back but like I said if we sign Ojo I can’t see him being a starter. Competition for places is always good though and we really need strength in depth.

To compete at or near the top we need as many decent quality players as possible, they need to be of a calibre to keep everyone on their toes, players cannot expect to be 1st picks and have to fight for the place in the team. At the moment Kamberi and Doidge are vying for the striker spot with Shaw able to fill in and can now play a bit wider, I can't see where McNulty fits in? and I can't us playing 4-4-2 very often as it leaves us light in the middle.

Mark Atkinson tweets...

Derek McInnes didn’t sound overly confident on getting Funso Ojo to Aberdeen in post-match radio interview, although admittedly he’s often guarded on transfer stories. Hibs the slight favourites to win fight for his signature. No-nonsense No.6 who would fill Bartley/Milligan void

Liked the look of Hallam Hope of Carlisle the other night. Wonder if he caught Heckys eye

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Liked the look of Hallam Hope of Carlisle the other night. Wonder if he caught Heckys eye

Was he not a bit of a wonderkid for Everton a few years back, seem to remember his name mentioned about a loan deal when Stubbs 1st came.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Think he got one assist and it was a peach against St Johnstone.

He certainly has ability but I think it’s just finding his proper position. I would take him back but like I said if we sign Ojo I can’t see him being a starter. Competition for places is always good though and we really need strength in depth.
    Remember when he nicked the ball off the Hun attacker at ER broke away and we scored on the counter Slippy G saying Omeonga fouled his man! Oh ma aching sides 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Was he not a bit of a wonderkid for Everton a few years back, seem to remember his name mentioned about a loan deal when Stubbs 1st came.
    Yeah thats him

From Mark Atkinson

Unless things have developed significantly this evening, it’s not a done deal

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    From Mark Atkinson

Unless things have developed significantly this evening, it’s not a done deal
    So many different versions of the story going about. Would be a kick in the teeth to lose out but a lot of places reporting we are favourites just now.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So many different versions of the story going about. Would be a kick in the teeth to lose out but a lot of places reporting we are favourites just now.
    I wouldn’t worry.

Many reliable outlets claiming that we've had a bid accepted.

I don’t think negotiations over the contract will be that difficult to agree when we had one agreed with him about a month ago. The club will know what the player and agent want.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I wouldn’t worry.

Many reliable outlets claiming that we've had a bid accepted.

I don’t think negotiations over the contract will be that difficult to agree when we had one agreed with him about a month ago. The club will know what the player and agent want.
    The difference being that he now has a counter offer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    The difference being that he now has a counter offer.
    I'd be surprised if he didn't have other offers before, highly rated player who had championship teams eying him up in january available on a free (we thought) transfer!

I assume Heck's powerpoint presentation had him totally convinced and see no reason why that would have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    I assume Heck's powerpoint presentation had him totally convinced and see no reason why that would have changed.
    Aye but Derek McInnes came in from left field with a keynote presentation. Craig Levine hastily prepared some Google slides but Hearts wouldn't match Scunny's valuation. As ever it will come down to wages.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    I'd be surprised if he didn't have other offers before, highly rated player who had championship teams eying him up in january available on a free (we thought) transfer!

Like someone’s said to me, the BBC reporter down there was interviewing Scunnys chairman and the players agent only last week so will be well clued up about goings on. He was the first to break Ojo to hibs in the first instance and first to reveal it was us and Aberdeen after him earlier today

The fact he says we’ve beaten Aberdeen to his signature is enough for this guy

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Like someone’s said to me, the BBC reporter down there was interviewing Scunnys chairman and the players agent only last week so will be well clued up about goings on. He was the first to break Ojo to hibs in the first instance and first to reveal it was us and Aberdeen after him earlier today

The fact he says we’ve beaten Aberdeen to his signature is enough for this guy

Where and when did his agent say we’ve beaten Aberdeen to his signature?

If that’s the case, then it couldn’t be anymore clearer that he’s coming.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

The BBC reported based down there said that, not his agent.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

His agent never said this, the BBC reporter said it.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    The BBC reported based down there said that, not his agent.

Ahh right, me bad! 🤦🏽*♂️

@hibs.net private member

I’d love to see him back think he offered a little of what we where missing from Mcginn when he came in, not trying to compare the 2 but we missed mcginns work-rate massively and omeonga gave us that, I do see your point in his final ball and decision making but he’s a young guy we’d need to hope that would improve with regular game time and a team and manager that trust him

Love to see the wee man back

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    You reckon we could get those 4 for 1m. Would be fantastic business.
    Would we have to bring money in through player sales?
    Cash injection £1.25m, £500k from mortgage cleared and £1 m for McGinn getting to EPL. £2.75 million in total.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Cash injection £1.25m, £500k from mortgage cleared and £1 m for McGinn getting to EPL. £2.75 million in total.
    Do we know for definite regarding the Mcginn money?
    How much do we think it will cost to build the indoor facilities at HTC?

Was there cash in the bank or does that go with the old owners?

These are genuine questions as football finance is not my strong point as you may be aware 😁

Aberdeen would be gutted if they lost out on Ojo, especially after losing out on Mcgeouch. Hopefully we can get this one over the line