hibs.net Messageboard

Page 152 of 484 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 14514
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what i read it seems the clause doesn't stipulate it must be an english club but england was the only country with a transfer window open to allow registration to happen.
    Surely if he informed them he would be leaving then it was upto them to release him ? Making him a free agent who could then sign for whoever he wanted ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcky View Post
    You would think they would prefer him to go to a different national league as opposed to being possibly an opponent to them next season
    They're enforcing the contract to the letter, but you could argue not in the spirit of the agreement. I think we may well see him at Hibs as things rumble on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Surely if he informed them he would be leaving then it was upto them to release him ? Making him a free agent who could then sign for whoever he wanted ?
    "This clause allowed Funso to leave if we went into League Two as long as by the end of May 31 he transferred to another club – that did not happen because the transfer window in Scotland until June 11."

Taken from https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/funso-ojo-latest-s****horpe-swann-3035195

"This clause allowed Funso to leave if we went into League Two as long as by the end of May 31 he transferred to another club – that did not happen because the transfer window in Scotland until June 11."

Taken from https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/funso-ojo-latest-s****horpe-swann-3035195
    That I understand cheers

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    S****horpe thought his wage demands were ridiculous wonder what we offered him
    It seems to suggest that the contract had a 50% wage cut in the case of relegation, but the agent wanted SUFC to increase the lower wage by 15% - still a cut.

I don't understand the club's position - it seems him and his agent activated the release clause, but because he wanted to come to a club in a league where the transfer window wasn't open at the time, the clause didn''t apply. Eh? Was the English window open before 31 May? Was any league in Europe (apart from amybe the ones with summer football)? What difference does it make if he has an offer from Hibs within a few days or if decided to wait until later in the window? He was already a free agent by 31 May, surely? Plus according to the agent, both him and Hibs had already contacted SUFC about their intentions.

I wonder if the PFA will get involved.

So if he signed for a team in England they’d pat him on the back and say goodbye. S****horpe are at it. They were happy to put the clause in when he signed now they’re trying to wriggle out of it.

Don't like to see this kind of thing from S****horpe, you made an agreement and now trying to get out of it on a mere technicality.

Yes this may be in the contract but it's not in their best interest to have a legal battle or a player who doesn't want to be there, just honour the spirit of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Don't like to see this kind of thing from S****horpe, you made an agreement and now trying to get out of it on a mere technicality.

Yes this may be in the contract but it's not in their best interest to have a legal battle or a player who doesn't want to be there, just honour the spirit of the deal.
    dont claim to be ITK but given that he was one if PHs first choices, we had him in edinburgh in May, agreed personal terms and a 3 year contract, id be surprised if we dont settle at c 5ok or so - theyre skint, been relegated and will want him off wage bill as he wont play for them....save a bit of face for their chairman??

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Got told by a mate who is very friendly with an ER staff member that Kamberi is wanting away, seemingly wants to play centrally but with Doidge coming and still possibly McNulty it looks like they might want to play him wider again, also one of the top earners it would free up his wage which might not be a bad thing.

As for Whittaker, Hecky's letting others out there know he's fit and ready to play, I'd be astonished if Whittaker was a regular this season, or even on the bench.
    Pleased to hear this tbh. He can prob do a decent enough job for someone running through on to balls hoofed speculatively up the park (would he dare cross to Duncanland?) but he's had his chances here and we need someone with a better first touch.
    Agree re Whittaker being too slow now to be a first-choice regular. Would be targetted for sure. But maybe a role slotting in as cover towards the end of games already won?

A Celtic fan in my work says that it looks like Tierney's away to Arsenal. Ł25 million was what he quoted, but the BBC website it said Ł19 million, and seemingly Napoli have been sniffing about as well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    It seems to suggest that the contract had a 50% wage cut in the case of relegation, but the agent wanted SUFC to increase the lower wage by 15% - still a cut.

I don't understand the club's position - it seems him and his agent activated the release clause, but because he wanted to come to a club in a league where the transfer window wasn't open at the time, the clause didn''t apply. Eh? Was the English window open before 31 May? Was any league in Europe (apart from amybe the ones with summer football)? What difference does it make if he has an offer from Hibs within a few days or if decided to wait until later in the window? He was already a free agent by 31 May, surely? Plus according to the agent, both him and Hibs had already contacted SUFC about their intentions.

I think the best for all would be a small payment to Scunny and he moves to Hibs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    What’s with all the McGeoch chat?

Heckingbottom said he wasn’t interested at all the other day. Has something changed since then?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    What’s with all the McGeoch chat?

Heckingbottom said he wasn’t interested at all the other day. Has something changed since then?
    Only that lots of toys have been thrown out of lots of prams.

McNulty has been told to find a new club

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    McNulty has been told to find a new club
    His golf must be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    His golf must be getting worse.
    Haha hopefully we can get him on a free if there clearing players out

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Southamptons announcement for their new signing is pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/st...48211912208384

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Haha hopefully we can get him on a free if there clearing players out
    Not going to happen after they paid the best part of Ł1,000,000 for him.

I'd take Mcnulty back, but I wouldn't be keen to spend big cash on him tbh.

Mcnulty part of a group of players who hasn't travelled to there pre season camp in Spain

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Mcnulty part of a group of players who hasn't travelled to there pre season camp in Spain
    I think it was always going to happen like this. Won’t make any difference to us unless Reading drop their asking price or agree to another loan.

@hibs.net private member

It was a release clause not the end of his contract. He had to have transferred to another club otherwise his contract there would continue, albeit on a lower wage. As another poster has said, hopefully hibs can pay a nominal fee and all can walk away without a legal battle. It seems like hibs have wanted him for a while and were building a team based on having him so would be a blow for it not to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think it was always going to happen like this. Won’t make any difference to us unless Reading drop their asking price or agree to another loan.
    Really depends how hard mcnulty pushes it. If he digs his heals in and says he's only wanting to back to Scotland then reading either pay his wages to not even be in there squad or cut there loses

Coaching Staff
    It was a release clause not the end of his contract. He had to have transferred to another club otherwise his contract there would continue, albeit on a lower wage. As another poster has said, hopefully hibs can pay a nominal fee and all can walk away without a legal battle. It seems like hibs have wanted him for a while and were building a team based on having him so would be a blow for it not to happen.
    I'm beginning to think that SUFC have been a bit sly in this - someone mentioned the letter but not the spirit of the contract. A relegation release clause should mean just that, surely?

Anyway, I am sure Petrie and Dempster will be playing their usual hardball. If we come to an agreement, fine. If not, we move on.

One thing's for sure - SUFC have to get this sorted or they are going to have one very disgruntled player on their books for another year.

One thing's for sure - SUFC have to get this sorted or they are going to have one very disgruntled player on their books for another year.
    Yes. And incoming players will see how they 'honor' their contracts and think twice before signing.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stevie Mallan started the season much further forward than the position he ended up playing under PH, the goals and assists from that deeper position diminished after that move.

So comparing their stats is a little unbalanced, and if we play Mallan as that deep lying midfielder who starts things off, then Dylan in my opinion is a much better player in that role.

I'd love him back, but i dont think it will happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mark Milligan joins Southend

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

The agent states there is no additional clauses in the contract, looks like Scu nthorpe are at it, may not have been to an English club at a certain date but the release clause was still there.
    Last edited by J-C; 01-07-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Bit of a fall from grace!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The game at St mirren park in January, when Eddie May was in charge, Whittaker was fantastic at left back. Picked up his injury in the last minute

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Makes Blackpool look like Las Vegas! 🤨

It's still got a Wimpy so, gets a bonus point for that 🍔
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 01-07-2019 at 01:31 PM.