hibs.net Messageboard

Page 265 of 484 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,950 of 14514
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We desperately need a midfielder and striker in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We desperately need a midfielder and striker in.
    Both would be nice.... but we dont desperately need either.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Looks like Heck has been telling the truth so probably no Mcnulty either

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Omeonga won’t be back. Gone on loan to Cercle Brugge.

I'm going to come in for stick but I'm not to bothered by Omeonga. He was a tidy player no doubt but I don't know if he was worth the wait to get on loan or potential value if we were to buy outright. This could be a breakout season for Campbell who from what I've seen is raw but has great potential. Only way to get better is to play and I hope him and Murray can come and make a impact on the first team

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Both would be nice.... but we dont desperately need either.
    We at the very least need a midfielder. I feel as though we're putting too much pressure on Vela to fix everything as we did Milligan last season.

Testimonial Due
    I’m not actually that bothered about Omeonga if I’m being totally honest. We have Allan and the emergence of Fraser Murray is in my opinion better. It’s not like Omeonga was bringing loads of assists to the team. Last couple times I’ve seen Murray he set up mcnulty with a brilliant ball through last game season v Aberdeen and also last weekend v Alloa for Doidge goal. Fully backing Murray to grab his chance this season.

We need a striker tho, and if we can sell either kamberi or shaw and use funds to bring in another striker and maybe another on loan I’d take it.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I’m not actually that bothered about Omeonga if I’m being totally honest. We have Allan and the emergence of Fraser Murray is in my opinion better. It’s not like Omeonga was bringing loads of assists to the team. Last couple times I’ve seen Murray he set up mcnulty with a brilliant ball through last game season v Aberdeen and also last weekend v Alloa for Doidge goal. Fully backing Murray to grab his chance this season.

We need a striker tho, and if we can sell either kamberi or shaw and use funds to bring in another striker and maybe another on loan I’d take it.
    Fraser Murray coming through is a fair point. Hopefully he can kick on this season.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We at the very least need a midfielder. I feel as though we're putting too much pressure on Vela to fix everything as we did Milligan last season.

Agreed.

None of what we've signed so far is particularly exciting - they may all turn out to be a really great blend that adds up to much more than the sum of their parts, but I don't see a 'match winner' or stand-out signing. That won't matter if we become a well-oiled machine that routinely puts other teams away, but performances so far suggest we are a distance away from that as yet.

We may also see a number of in-house graduates coming through and that could give us greater depth than at first appears.

However 'if' and 'may' are, as they say, doing quite a lot of heavy lifting in what I have written above. I think the balance of our midfield is patchy and our forward line is very sketchy. I will be delighted to eat mountains of humiliating humble pie on this. Gut instinct is a lack of goals and less possession than ideal this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Agreed.

None of what we've signed so far is particularly exciting - they may all turn out to be a really great blend that adds up to much more than the sum of their parts, but I don't see a 'match winner' or stand-out signing. That won't matter if we become a well-oiled machine that routinely puts other teams away, but performances so far suggest we are a distance away from that as yet.

We may also see a number of in-house graduates coming through and that could give us greater depth than at first appears.

However 'if' and 'may' are, as they say, doing quite a lot of heavy lifting in what I have written above. I think the balance of our midfield is patchy and our forward line is very sketchy. I will be delighted to eat mountains of humiliating humble pie on this. Gut instinct is a lack of goals and less possession than ideal this season.
    Scott Allan ??

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Scott Allan ??
    It is perhaps unfair but I kind of discount him because we already knew he was coming from a long way back. Daft I know as he is still a new player.

If we set him to one side though, everything else has me in my seat saying 'meh' and waiting to be made a horse's arse of, which I very much hope will happen.

I don't think Omeonga was ever coming back, dunno why people thought so really, was nothing to suggest it was ever close.

Gutted about Omeonga - thought he started to show real signs of improvement.

He has now gone and signed for a Belgian 1st Division team who gets crowds of 4,000 max a week and still on loan.

I’m not sure how Mallan, Allan and Omeonga would have played together but would have had 3 excellent ball players in there.

No comparison between Omeonga and Campbell - Omeonga having played for Belgium u21 and played in Serie A.

Been saying for a while not hopeful for McNulty as he has been offered more money down South.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 23-07-2019 at 10:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Two more surprise signings to come I reckon. Striker in loan from an EPL side and another defensive midfielder. Might be nearer the end of the window though.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Gutted about Omeonga - thought he started to show real signs of improvement.

He has now gone and signed for a Belgian 2nd Division team who gets crowds of 4,000 max a week and still on loan.

I’m not sure how Mallan, Allan and Omeonga would have played together but would have had 3 excellent ball players in there.

Been saying for a while not hopeful for McNulty as he has been offered more money down South.
    They are not a 2nd Div team.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    They are not a 2nd Div team.
    My mistake.

1st Division team - does Belgium league pull in more money than our league too ??

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    My mistake.

1st Division team - does Belgium league pull in more money than our league too ??
    I think their tv deal completely blows ours out the water.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Two more surprise signings to come I reckon. Striker in loan from an EPL side and another defensive midfielder. Might be nearer the end of the window though.
    Just your thoughts or have you heard any names?

Blackburn and Wigan among several clubs interested in Oli Shaw. Surely not he's never going to make it according to the hibs.Net footballing experts. Scottish league 2 player all day long they say

I think their tv deal completely blows ours out the water.
    Not sure how accurate this is?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_football_league_broadcast_deals_b y_country

@hibs.net private member
    Circle Brugge with their average attendance of just over 5k. Sooner our league gets a proper tv deal the better.
    Didn't hold up much of hope of getting him back but ridiculous to lose out to a club with a third of our fans.

We need to be holding to account the guys that run our game and demanding moves to ensure our game can compete with our leagues across Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Blackburn and Wigan among several clubs interested in Oli Shaw. Surely not he's never going to make it according to the hibs.Net footballing experts. Scottish league 2 player all day long they say
    Still think Shaw will come good. Far too early to let him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Similar to what I have seen before. Being part of the UK is a massive hindrance for us where all the money gets pumped into England.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Stirling albion had 48% possesion hibs 52%.

That stat puts your theory to the test about teams camped.hibs never dominated possesion in that game.and stirling if camped kept possesion comfortably and were the only team to score in open play.

If hibs were playing high press it never worked.and stirling if camped at the back kept possession from hibs.

If hibs had say 68% possession id agree with you.but thats not the case here.what is suggested is hibs if high pressing ,failed to win the ball back adequately.
    Up to a point but that % of Stirling possession would have been mostly in their own half and barely ever into the the area near hibs’ goal. It also would have been broken down into a few minutes here and there as Hibs frequently regained possession. You might call it a high press but to me it seemed the domination of the game in the Stirling half near their goal with Hibs losing possession as can be expected when having to try things to break through a side putting 11 behind the ball in front of their box.

I’ll wait and see what a high press is when playing against a better side as I’m not surprised in the least that evidence of a high press is not there when playing a lesser quality side when also working on fitness and a variety of tactics during a pre-season but not friendly set of games.

Cummings for hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Cummings for hearts
    Where?

Cummings for hearts
    Not sure Hearts fans are to impressed

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar