hibs.net Messageboard

Page 198 of 484 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,940 of 14514
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly aye? The season begins tomorrow and our number one choice is possibly joining Aberdeen. It seems we have waited since the end of last season to sign him why? Because we are desperate to have him on board. The HC may be relaxed but let’s not pretend it’s a blow or Aberdeen are more desperate to sign a player we have waited weeks to sign because they are more desperate.
    The season begins against Stirling Albion and then games v opposition we should beat. Other clubs went for Doidge, Newell, and James.........we won the day..........that's football.

All I'm saying is it's far from desperate, rather a player and agent have looked for the best financial deal. Window is open for weeks, let's see what evolves and I'm sure we'll have 3 or 4 in before we play Aberdeen - and our midfield (and team) will be hungry to prove he made the wrong move

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My next door neighbour always goes on great holidays. This year I really fancied outdoing him so I booked a 5 star cruise round the Caribbean, I saved for years to pay for it and it cleaned me out. He's just informed me that he's booked the same cruise but he's added a week in Vegas to the end staying in a suite in a top hotel. I'm fuming he has managed to outdo me again but I just can't afford what he can.

Can someone advise how I can conjure up money that doesn't exist so I can match his ambition?
    I have an email from a guy in Nigeria saying I'm getting millions, maybe check your inbox!!!

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    **** him, if he wants to go to the sheep molesters then let him, im sure there are others that want to sign for us

While we go to the good old trusted back up plan of old? It’s Aber ****ing deen it’s not even the old firm. Are they that far ahead they can do that?
    You don’t get every single player you try to sign.

The quality of the signings is yet to be seen but I think it’s fair to say we have got a number of our first choices this year. And did last year as well. You can’t get them all.

My issue is more that we still haven’t got anyone for that position having made the decision before the end of last season that Milligan and Bartley would be going.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My next door neighbour always goes on great holidays. This year I really fancied outdoing him so I booked a 5 star cruise round the Caribbean, I saved for years to pay for it and it cleaned me out. He's just informed me that he's booked the same cruise but he's added a week in Vegas to the end staying in a suite in a top hotel. I'm fuming he has managed to outdo me again but I just can't afford what he can.

Can someone advise how I can conjure up money that doesn't exist so I can match his ambition?
    We do have the money though. The new owner says the club will decide what to spend it on. Looks like it might be facilities again instead of first choice targets.

This is why I prefer quiet business

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s time the board addressed the fact that Aberdeen have more money than us. We are turning up in bigger numbers than Aberdeen fans and are entitled to ask why it’s 6 years since we finished above them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why always so negative Ozy?!?

While we go to the good old trusted back up plan of old? It’s Aber ****ing deen it’s not even the old firm. Are they that far ahead they can do that?
    And Hibs do what? Get involved in a bidding war, blow all the cash?

I don't know how good he is to know how disappointed I should be. My guess is there will be other irons in the fire.

If I'm honest I think that's where Hibs should be investing ....scouting/development of talent, because no matter how much money is put in at this level, there will always be a club to gazump us.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This is why I prefer quiet business
    Can’t be quiet when the agents putting his name out there and using us to drum up a better deal which is what I feel has happened
    Last edited by Stuart93; 12-07-2019 at 05:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    If he comes here, great.

If not, **** him.

All involved being played by an agent here I think, guys not kicked a ball since end of last season but his stock has went up over the close season. Agent played a blinder.

Hecky happy enough with the situation so trust his judgment on this guy or indeed the next guy.

Buzzing for the season ahead, few signings ahead before window closes no doubt. Great time to be a hibby.👍

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    If he comes here, great.

If not, **** him.

All involved being played by an agent here I think, guys not kicked a ball since end of last season but his stock has went up over the close season. Agent played a blinder.

Hecky happy enough with the situation so trust his judgment on this guy or indeed the next guy.

Buzzing for the season ahead, few signings ahead before window closes no doubt. Great time to be a hibby.👍
    Exactly

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Why always so negative Ozy?!?
    In this case he has a great point, Dons Commercial revenue dwarfs Hibs, and has done for years. They’ve been rewarded by having a 2nd place finish many times

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    We do have the money though. The new owner says the club will decide what to spend it on. Looks like it might be facilities again instead of first choice targets.
    How do you figure that out? Pretty sure its been said every player we have signed so far has been first choice

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    In this case he has a great point, Dons Commercial revenue dwarfs Hibs, and has done for years. They’ve been rewarded by having a 2nd place finish many times
    Is it simply that the oil and gas industry still pay for a lot of hospitality and corporate days out that other industries are cutting out these days?

So a player that agreed to join us at the end of May but due to his contract situation couldn't, is now looking at joining one of our rivals after we had waited and then agreed a fee with scunny,personally if that's what happens then f*** him.
    Maybe he's not the type of character you'd want in your dressing room.

Borrow it and don't pay it back or just don't pay other bills.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Think what you are meant to do is max the credit card out, borrow everything you can from family and put it all on 07 during your week in the suite in Vegas. You then just pick up your winnings and pay everything back.

Simple. Can’t see where it could go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    And Hibs do what? Get involved in a bidding war, blow all the cash?

I don't know how good he is to know how disappointed I should be. My guess is there will be other irons in the fire.

If I'm honest I think that's where Hibs should be investing ....scouting/development of talent, because no matter how much money is put in at this level, there will always be a club to gazump us.
    Blow all what cash? It’s bloody Aberdeen ffs. We have more supporters through the gate than them. If they can give more money to players meaning we lose top targets it’s the fault of the club. There’s no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Is it simply that the oil and gas industry still pay for a lot of hospitality and corporate days out that other industries are cutting out these days?
    No idea, but they have a lot of big name sponsors

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Borrow it and don't pay it back or just don't pay other bills.
    Or do what your next door neighbour does and make more money even though you are more popular and get more customers than your neighbour work.

Left by mutual consent!
    No idea, but they have a lot of big name sponsors
    What attracts them to a ****hole like Aberdeen that we can’t attract?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    what attracts them to a ****hole like aberdeen that we can’t attract?
    more money

In other news Iv been told were looking at Kyle Dempsey currently at Fleetwood Town.

Not claiming to be ITK but seems a bit of a random one to just pluck out of nowhere

Coaching Staff
    Yet we've won more cups and been in more finals in the 2000's than them Billy despite the revenue gulf and being relegated. Despite their revenue and salary position, we have been more successful in silverware. We're going into our third season back in the top flight, very stable, good manager who knows what he wants, debt free, and there is good harmony between club and fans..........great crowds, good season ticket numbers (again), great CEO.........we lose out on a League 2 player and folk wet themselves (not you I hasten to add mate).......let PH build the side and give him a couple of seasons to see where we get to

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    In other news Iv been told were looking at Kyle Dempsey currently at Fleetwood Town.

Not claiming to be ITK but seems a bit of a random one to just pluck out of nowhere
    Watch out Derek mcinnes is reading this message board

What attracts them to a ****hole like Aberdeen that we can’t attract?
    https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/11/24/lat...football-club/

Turnover was £15.2m
    Read paragraph 4

Hibs turnover for 2017 to 2018 financial year was £9.5m

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

been out on loan a few times

@hibs.net private member
    So Dylan was McInnes’ first choice.

They couldn’t get him.

They then went for our first choice who is unproven in SPL.

Can we not just one back over them and get Dylan then??

Maybe it was Heck’s plan all along! Take a bow son!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    I was concerned that Ojo "downed tools" at Scunny. It appears it was his agents fault not Scunnys for the resulting mess.

If this is PH s top target then I would still like to get him but there is a question mark over whether he would play these type of games with Hibs also long term when it suited him.

He'd already agreed terms, Omeonga has bigged us up apparantly..... dunno if we might dodge a bullet here????

The more I look at it, the more I agree with you here, it looks like his agent has played a fly one thinking Scunny wouldn't remember the release clause and it's came back to bite them, now he's looking for more cash as another club is interested. If he had agreed terms, then why have these same terms suddenly became not good enough, if he wants to squeeze more cash from us, the he can **** off.

But that is reality, don't have to make it a negative thing? We will put our best foot forward and if players don't want to buy into that then that's ok and we move on