hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 484 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Would it be better to change the thread title to "Summer transfer nonsense discussion" and have a separate thread for confirmed news only?

Just an idea
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was but I got chucked out for calling Dempster a puppet
    Well that was daft.

You’ll need to redo the initiation ceremony now.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Did anyone listen to the managers interview? When talking about resigning SDG etc, he says "that's where we have to be careful as it's the only area I have some scope to free up money to bring in players for next season" !

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    When Hecky first came in and was playing a 442 this was my first thought as well. The key thing he is missing more than anything is a central midfield pairing who can boss the midfield together, allowing the others to focus on what they do best.

The fact we've had to switch to 5 in the midfield now shows what we're lacking there. Would love if we could sort this position out as there's been a bloody glaring hole in our midfield since McGinn left and I wonder when we'll ever fill it again.
    I'm always thinking back to Scholes and Keane.
    Ran the midfield. That covered for Beckham not being great defensively or under pressure for example.
    I'd do similar with Mallan.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    When Hecky first came in and was playing a 442 this was my first thought as well. The key thing he is missing more than anything is a central midfield pairing who can boss the midfield together, allowing the others to focus on what they do best.

The fact we've had to switch to 5 in the midfield now shows what we're lacking there. Would love if we could sort this position out as there's been a bloody glaring hole in our midfield since McGinn left and I wonder when we'll ever fill it again.
    Allan coming in will partially solve the problem, but we need a metronome-type player i.e. McGeouch and a box-to-box guy with a physical presence ala McGinn.

Omeonga would go some way to solving that if we can at least get him back in on loan. Maybe McGeouch will want to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Did anyone listen to the managers interview? When talking about resigning SDG etc, he says "that's where we have to be careful as it's the only area I have some scope to free up money to bring in players for next season" !
    I was a bit surprised by that comment too, especially as both SDG and McGregor have apparently been offered extended deals.

Perhaps he was pointing more toward the likes of Bartley, Nelom, Spector and Agyepong being out of contract and freeing up wages. It's hard to tell, as the question only mentioned the first pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Out of contract winger. Seems to have had a decent season and earned a call up to the Wales squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    Ryan Hedges is high on Heckys wanted list i hear
    Brandon Barker is out of contract at the end of the season. In Agepong's first interview he said he spoke to Brandon about the club and that he would love to come back at some point. Hope its soon
    Last edited by badabing67; 20-04-2019 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Missed a word out

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Was an interesting comment and, IMO, it’s a good thing that contracts ain’t going to be getting dished out for sentimental reasons.

Still expect Gray and McGregor to be there next season, they’ve been good since he came in. Unless he’s looking at anything from a fitness perspective and knows more than us on that front. I reckon his comment will relate more to someone like Bartley.

I also don’t think he meant that there is no money available or anything like that. More that he doesn’t want to tie up a sizeable chunk of his budget if there is potentially a better option out there.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Was an interesting comment and, IMO, it’s a good thing that contracts ain’t going to be getting dished out for sentimental reasons.

Still expect Gray and McGregor to be there next season, they’ve been good since he came in. Unless he’s looking at anything from a fitness perspective and knows more than us on that front. I reckon his comment will relate more to someone like Bartley.

I also don’t think he meant that there is no money available or anything like that. More that he doesn’t want to tie up a sizeable chunk of his budget if there is potentially a better option out there.
    Could be the length of the deal Gray is after

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Could be the length of the deal Gray is after
    Well, he got it.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Dylan on a season long loan is the chat from a ST holding mate with board connections at the stadium of shight.

Dylan doesn’t want to drop wages but isn’t getting enough game time, is the reason given.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I wonder if, after getting no game time and another signing on fee, we could see Efe back at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I wonder if, after getting no game time and another signing on fee, we could see Efe back at Hibs.
    Does seem a strange move that. Obviously bigger bank balance but he's not even appeared on the bench IIRC?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Does seem a strange move that. Obviously bigger bank balance but he's not even appeared on the bench IIRC?
    He's a ball playing centre half, not much room for that in the championship.

He'll have made a decent wedge we couldn't afford, and if he does come back, it's another signing on fee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Dylan on a season long loan is the chat from a ST holding mate with board connections at the stadium of shight.

Dylan doesn’t want to drop wages but isn’t getting enough game time, is the reason given.
    That's the kind of rumour we're after. Thanks mate.

Contracted best starting XI as it stands:

Marciano

Gray Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty decent but still in need of a bit of midfield surgery, and another striker at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty decent but still in need of a bit of midfield surgery, and another striker at the very least.

It certainly looks a lot stronger than it would have done this time last year.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Scott Allan could go in for Shaw there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    Scott Allan could go in for Shaw there as well.
    Ah yeah, that guy. I forgot about him.

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty sure his preferred formation is 4-4-2 but do wonder if he might go 4-2-3-1

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Think Milligan's contract was 1 year + 1 year extension. With him nearing the end of his career, probably being on a decent wage, and Hecky saying that the only money he has to play with is the money which can be free'd up from our current squad - I wouldn't be surprised if he left/ is released

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    Think Milligan's contract was 1 year + 1 year extension. With him nearing the end of his career, probably being on a decent wage, and Hecky saying that the only money he has to play with is the money which can be free'd up from our current squad - I wouldn't be surprised if he left/ is released
    Is that right Joe_hfc? Cannae be. You sure you read that right? Maybe you read it on here.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

why the heck is he saying that, we don't even know what ticket sales will be etc etc, we've got another 4 months until next season kicks off

His contract is until the end of next season and he will see it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    why the heck is he saying that, we don't even know what ticket sales will be etc etc, we've got another 4 months until next season kicks off
    He said it in an interview before the celtic game when a journalist asked about Gray and other players whos contracts were expiring

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Is that right Joe_hfc? Cannae be. You sure you read that right? Maybe you read it on here.
    Probably was on here to be honest

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    His contract is until the end of next season and he will see it out.
    Do you know that for a fact ? I also thought it was 1 year with another 1 year option. I was hoping he'd leave in the summer and his wages freed up.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

That would make sense as would the return of Efe if he can't get a better deal elsewhere.
    Genoa have a massive squad of players so i can see us being able to bring Omeonga back on loan.
    Sadly i can't see us getting McNulty back however if we can do the business above we could concentrate on bringing 1 or 2 quality strikers to the club.

To summarise incoming/returning:
    Allan: guile, Omeonga: box to box and McGeough: metronome for the midfield.
    Ambrose: x factor to break out of defence plus Porteous and a new defender, possibly Spector if Heck rates what he has seen.
    2 new strikers plus Boyle.

A nice simplification of our player recruitment .
    Unfortunately it won't pan out this way and PH will also have guys he likes and wants in to fit his desired method of play.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Do you know that for a fact ? I also thought it was 1 year with another 1 year option. I was hoping he'd leave in the summer and his wages freed up.
    The news article on the official site here when he signed just said it was a 2 year deal, not one year with another year as an option. Not sure where that rumour has come from.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I would have agreed with that but I’d want to keep him now I reckon. He’s been much better second half of the season.