hibs.net Messageboard

Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244
Results 7,291 to 7,297 of 7297
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Long overdue replacement for Helicopter legs. And he's played with the legend that is big Emile Heskey, that'll do for me.
    Who is Helicopter legs?

And why?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    I think you should include Murray and Slivka in that. For me particularly Slivka. He has scored in big games but one of the things that got on my nerves about him last season was that lack of shoots he took at goal even though he did get in positions to do so
    Not convinced Slivka will be there. And if he is, heíll be in and out the team at best.

Murray could be capable of goals but not sure how much heíll play.

The four I mentioned will, I think, play most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    How did Aberdeen and Killie manage to survive without a midfielder with these stats?

Youíre judging him on his stats but thereís more to football than stats. Mallan is a very good technical football player but from open play heís not as good as his stats suggest.

That goal against Livingston showed what a good player he can be, he didnít do that anywhere nearly enough from open play for me though, if he can add that to his game then great.

Do you think Mallan would have got his game for Killie or Aberdeen last season? Personally speaking I donít think he would have.

We spend years moaning about lack of goals from midfield and then moan when we get a goal scoring midfielder.

I donít quite know where Mallan fits in the team but we need to find a way if we can. Scott Allan doesnít score that many but a midfield of those two plus one other could be a very good thing.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not convinced Slivka will be there. And if he is, heíll be in and out the team at best.

Murray could be capable of goals but not sure how much heíll play.

The four I mentioned will, I think, play most weeks.
    I can see him moving on once we get another midfielder in.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Omeonga is a better footballer than Mallan.
    No idea why people say things like this. They are completely different players. Mallans range of passing and dead ball ability is much better but Omeonga has much more tenacity and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We spend years moaning about lack of goals from midfield and then moan when we get a goal scoring midfielder.

I donít quite know where Mallan fits in the team but we need to find a way if we can. Scott Allan doesnít score that many but a midfield of those two plus one other could be a very good thing.
    Allan showed signs in his last loan spell that he was going to start chipping in with goals. And has done in pre season as well. I think he should be looking for double figures.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Who is Helicopter legs?

And why?
    I think he's referring to SJM who said when he joined AV that he ran like he was chasing a helicopter.

Helicopter legs is a new one on me though, but I once knew a lass who might have merited that nickname.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!