hibs.net Messageboard

Page 98 of 484 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 14514
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be CL next season though. Arsenal are a club that could quickly become really strong again. Emirates would probably be less bad if Arsenal get better.
    I cannot see that happening with Stan Kroenke at the helm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not sure Arsenal would be a great move for him.

I know it’s the Premiership and to some that’s the ultimate destination but there’d be no champions league football for him, unlikely to win anything and the atmosphere at the Emirates always looks flat, probably not a good stepping stone to other English clubs either.

If I was him I’d hold out for a move abroad to a German, Spanish or Italian side, realise it’s not that simple though.
    Think it would be a great move. He will be playing at a higher level than he currently is and could really kick on playing against the likes of Man City and Liverpool. Not to mention hopefully kick on again training daily with a better standard of player.

A couple of seasons proving himself at Arsenal and he could end up at someone like Man City, just have to look at them probably signing Harry Maguire as a possible similar career path.

I know it’s the Premiership and to some that’s the ultimate destination but there’d be no champions league football for him, unlikely to win anything and the atmosphere at the Emirates always looks flat, probably not a good stepping stone to other English clubs either.

If I was him I’d hold out for a move abroad to a German, Spanish or Italian side, realise it’s not that simple though.
    3 fa cups in 5 years, league cup final, Europa League final, 2nd place recently. Wish Hibs were that unlikely to win something. Would be a excellent move for him, more than he has earned after a injury stricken last year.

Clubs like Arsenal are the ultimate destination never mind the premier league

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    3 fa cups in 5 years, league cup final, Europa League final, 2nd place recently. Wish Hibs were that unlikely to win something. Would be a excellent move for him, more than he has earned after a injury stricken last year.

Fair enough, didnt realise they had some success recently, my perception of them is a team in a bit of a rut just now.

If that’s wrong then fair enough, don’t pay masses of attention to English football any more.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Arsenal are a huge club in a huge league it would be a great move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Arsenal are a huge club in a huge league it would be a great move for him.
    Don’t dispute the size of the club, in that regard I can see the appeal.

If you see my post above my perception of them was a big club that has been stagnating for a few years, when that’s the case it’s not always a good place for a player to go to.

If that’s wrong and the club are still going places then yeah, it would be a good move for him.

Fair enough, didnt realise they had some success recently, my perception of them is a team in a bit of a rut just now.

If that’s wrong then fair enough, don’t pay masses of attention to English football any more.
    They're in transition but they're definitely not some middle of the road team. Always laugh at how Spurs are bummed up but have 1 trophy in 20 years and a stadium 500 million over budget.

Left by mutual consent!

This honestly means nothing to arsenal fans. If it was hibs I would need to wear fanny pads I would be so consistently moist. Success is relative.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

3 trophies in 14 years isnt really that great for a team like arsenal though

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    It's not, but that has been at a time when they've had to find a good few quid for a new stadium at a time when some of their competitors have had cash thrown at them.

Arsenal are a great club, and even when they are not winning things they have a certain prestige about them.

This would be a superb move for any Scottish player(apart from Robertson who is better off where he is).

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm not convinced that Tierney is ll that good. £20m for him would be unbelievable.
    I’ve said for a while he’s over rated.

Young Scot with talent but not sure he’s good enough for Arsenal especially that price !

You could argue McGinn has more impact in games.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t dispute the size of the club, in that regard I can see the appeal.

If you see my post above my perception of them was a big club that has been stagnating for a few years, when that’s the case it’s not always a good place for a player to go to.

If that’s wrong and the club are still going places then yeah, it would be a good move for him.
    I personally don't see Tierney getting better than Arsenal. He's a good player and could possibly end up at Spurs but no chance he'd get near Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This honestly means nothing to arsenal fans. If it was hibs I would need to wear fanny pads I would be so consistently moist. Success is relative.
    Not true at all, FA cup wins mean plenty to any Arsenal fan Ive ever spoken to.
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Liverpool have 2 in 13 years, Spurs 1 in 20 years, both are seen as a brilliant sides with the media loving them. Arsenal will be just fine and are more than good enough a move for Tierney.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I personally don't see Tierney getting better than Arsenal. He's a good player and could possibly end up at Spurs but no chance he'd get near Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea.
    Each to their own and time will tell but I think he’s an excellent player that’ll go right to the top.

£20m in the current market down south isn’t an unreasonable figure for Celtic to be asking imo

Arsenal's current left back would get in Chelsea's team (Alonso is hopelessly) and wouldn't be miles away from City considering Mendy is crocked.

More than a few would have said the same of Robertson when he was at Hull City.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Great move for all connected parties for Kieran Tierney.

Arsenal lack guts/drive/determination in their defence, Tierney will give them that. Also brilliant for the promotion of our game having him, Robertson and Fraser tearing it up, with hopefully SJM to follow this year as well.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Each to their own and time will tell but I think he’s an excellent player that’ll go right to the top.

£20m in the current market down south isn’t an unreasonable figure for Celtic to be asking imo
    Like you Bingo, I think he’s a fantastic player

Wonder if celtic will go for the Killie left back, who played for Scotland recently

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It's not, but that has been at a time when they've had to find a good few quid for a new stadium at a time when some of their competitors have had cash thrown at them.

Arsenal are a great club, and even when they are not winning things they have a certain prestige about them.

This would be a superb move for any Scottish player(apart from Robertson who is better off where he is).
    I agree, think it would be a cracking move for him

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    More than a few would have said the same of Robertson when he was at Hull City.

Yes including me, I even said when Liverpool signed him that he wasn't of the standard Liverpool required to compete at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm not convinced that Tierney is ll that good. £20m for him would be unbelievable.
    Shoehoring him into the Scotland side is a nonsense. Robertson is a far superior player so should be playing left back and a right back should be playing right back.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Tierney in my humble opinion is one of the two truly international class players that we have at our disposal. Robertson is obviously the other one, how typical that they both play in the same position.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone else heard we may of accepted a bid for Kamberi?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Yes including me, I even said when Liverpool signed him that he wasn't of the standard Liverpool required to compete at the top level.
    Has your opinion changed ? 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    Anyone else heard we may of accepted a bid for Kamberi?
    From whom ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    From whom ?
    No idea, just seeing if anyone else heard it, told off someone who normally spot on that a team has met his release clause value.

No idea, just seeing if anyone else heard it, told off someone who normally spot on that a team has met his release clause value.
    You would have to assume it would be that Croatian side.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

What is his release clause value?

Nae bother mate, was just wondering if it was on some media platform or something 👍

Gael Bigirimana playing in the African Nations Cup and looking decent against Nigeria.

Have Hibs released him or ?

Would be good to see him back at ER.