hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Brad

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.
    Agree. Lots of good things about the reformed character but still too many grey areas about his whole current activities.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Seperare thread for this pish

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Most of the discussion on here is so inappropriate, on both sides.

Whatever you think of him, and I have mixed feelings myself, a guy is dead, FFS!

singhibs and baldmanscomb

Do you have difficulty in reading?

Prettyboy has twice posted eloquently and politely regarding petty and disrespectful speculation on this thread.

RIP Brad
    - thousands will miss your amazing character, verve and vigour and all of the immense work you did for Edinburgh's kids and less fortunate

Thoughts are with all his family

The Hibs Family will miss you deeply pal
    Last edited by joe breezy; 20-04-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I think there needs to be a separate thread to discuss the appropriateness of a minutes applause if this one is to be kept for condolences.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Most of the discussion on here is so inappropriate, on both sides.

Whatever you think of him, and I have mixed feelings myself, a guy is dead, FFS!
    We have asked repeatedly for this thread to be left for people wishing to pay respects to Brad.

We had a long standing agreement with Brad, due to his views on this site, that we would not entertain discussions about him on here, as an admin team we felt it was appropriate to allow a thread where people could pass on their thoughts and condolences to someone who has many friends within the Hibs community.

Therefore we won't be opening a second thread on this forum, and we repeat or request for individuals to be responsible for their own posts and keep this thread for its intended purpose. I think that allows us as a site to also respect Brad's wishes and I thank everyone in advance for being mindful of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    We have asked repeatedly for this thread to be left for people wishing to pay respects to Brad.

We had a long standing agreement with Brad, due to his views on this site, that we would not entertain discussions about him on here, as an admin team we felt it was appropriate to allow a thread where people could pass on their thoughts and condolences to someone who has many friends within the Hibs community.

Therefore we won't be opening a second thread on this forum, and B I think that allows us as a site to also respect Brad's wishes and I thank everyone in advance for being mindful of that.

Hopefully they'll pay some heed to that, then.

RIP Brad you turned your life around and you were doing great work for the community. You'll never be forgotten Son of that there is no doubt. As for all the naysayers show some respect the guy has lost his life and his family are heart broken.

Therefore we won't be opening a second thread on this forum, and we repeat or request for individuals to be responsible for their own posts and keep this thread for its intended purpose. I think that allows us as a site to also respect Brad's wishes and I thank everyone in advance for being mindful of that.
    Just close the thread then and keep hibs.net about Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If it's ok, we'll make that decision ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There have been plenty condolences threads for Hibs fans on Hibsnet.

If it's ok, we'll make that decision ourselves.
    Everybody nowadays thinks they have the right to comment on everything. I bet some of the people spouting moral indignation on here have done things they are not proud of in their past.

Let's not loose sight of the fact that someone has lost their life. Whether you think they and their family deserve any support is your choice. If you don't, just ignore this and look at another thread.

Brad has many friends and family in the Hibernian Community, many of whom are members of this site. Let them express their grief and show their support.

Testimonial Due

The thread though has developed into a discussion around what should of tribute there should be to Bradley. Official or unofficial. Who would join in etc. You are therefore going to get arguments about the merits of any tribute and if it should be official or not. That is taking the thread way beyond the condolences theme which I contributed positively earlier on from my meetings with Bradley. Agree at this point the thread should be closed. I am still in a state of shock about events and still have a very sad feeling

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    The thread though has developed into a discussion around what should of tribute there should be to Bradley. Official or unofficial. Who would join in etc. You are therefore going to get arguments about the merits of any tribute and if it should be official or not. That is taking the thread way beyond the condolences theme which I contributed positively earlier on from my meetings with Bradley. Agree at this point the thread should be closed. I am still in a state of shock about events and still have a very sad feeling
    We are trying to make sure this thread is for condolences only and as such we would prefer it was left open.

We have tidied up a few off topic posts already and if we have to we will continue to do so.

Any other subjects can be discussed elsewhere.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

RIP Brad. A true Hibs man.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Only met the man once, and that was briefly. Can only say from that meeting he was a right laugh and character.

He was certainly doing a lot for the community of Edinburgh, and it seems he will be missed by many, none more so than his family.

R.I.P.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I think fans should be perfectly free to initiate their own minute of applause. It’s not for me and I won’t be joining in. Each to their own.
    This is where I am with it. If folk want to clap their hands for a guy who went out of his way to spread malicious lies about the club and its ownership, fill your boots.

The thread title reads "RIP Brad". If you don't wish to post condolences, then post on another thread. It really is that simple.

I didn't know him but a man has died and he was a dad, partner, brother, son and a friend of many. RIP.

'S' Form
    Rest easy big man. 💚 🇳🇬

RIP Brad, spoke to the guy a couple times, seemed a very decent guy, did a lot for youngsters from what i seen/heard on social media, heard about his past, we were all young and did wrong at times, will I cheer on 48 mins. Yes I sure will as I have done when asked for in the past for hibs fans that I did not know, I hope everyone joins in

Testimonial Due
    RIP Bradley 💚

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Met brad a few times, funniest was when i was heading to Tynie a few years ago and he was handing out boxing flyers with a few of the boxers from his gym, had been interacting on twitter a few times and he recognised me and called me over and had a quick chat about heading down to the gym, i was getting eyeballed by the police after that 😂

I dont know what he was up to other than his gym and the food bank/helping hands stuff and its none of my business either, a lady has lost her partner and a daughter has lost her father under horrific circumstances, i hope whoever was responsible for this is brought to justice swiftly.

I didnt know you as well as others did but in my eyes you had turned yourself around and were doing good for the community and helping the underprivileged.

Rip

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This is where I am with it. If folk want to clap their hands for a guy who went out of his way to spread malicious lies about the club and its ownership, fill your boots.
    Dearie me

Did you know Brad?

Some of the messages on this thread leave me speechless. If you haven't got anything nice to say- then say nothing.

I obviously did not know him, but he's a member of our Hibernian family. And being Swedish, I believe in rehabilitation to make better choices in life which it seems this man did. RIP brother.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    RIP, Bradley 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Police going door to door at Haymarket today. Hope they get some info that leads to justice but I highly doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Highly impressive 48th minute applause.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Had to explain it to a mate, but a good effort

Can I ask what the banner in the East said/meant? Was it RIP Brad Correct?

I didn’t know the significance of Correct

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Can I ask what the banner in the East said/meant? Was it RIP Brad Correct?

I didn’t know the significance of Correct

Thanks
    In conversations with Brad he would often deploy the term ‘correct’ rhetorically to emphasize a point he was making.

If his sour pathetic critics did 1% of the good he did for other people and were given a paltry fraction of the wide respect and love has was shown, then they would be far too happy with their lives and have too much self esteem to make such odious and snide comments.

As it stands we are forced to leave them to indulge in their inadequacy and in the process show us what they are.