hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Brad

R.I.P Brad, thoughts go out to his family. Tragic loss to Edinburgh, hopefully the great work this man was doing in the community will continue in his honour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely brutal thoughts are with his family and friends.

wonder if the 4 getting torched was a warning in some way, heard he had some sort of ownership in it could be total bull****. I'm sure it will come to light who and why. Very bold doing this in the city centre without getting caught. Seriously unhinged animal needs to be brought to justice regardless i hope he's caught swiftly cause we currently have a gunman on the run in the city.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Is there really any need for every news story about this to open with the ex football hooligan line. FFS how about talking about his recent achievements instead.

I only spoke to Brad on a few occasions and it was mostly small talk about Hibs but he once took time to tell me about his plans for Free Football training sessions for kids and why he was doing it.
    He was a true community man and his loss will be felt for some time.

RIP Brad

I’m not really a fan of organised minutes of respect prematch unless it’s former players etc, but on this occasion and given his Hibernian community work, it really is needed and I hope the club have something planned.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only spoke to Brad on a few occasions and it was mostly small talk about Hibs but he once took time to tell me about his plans for Free Football training sessions for kids and why he was doing it.

RIP Brad

I’m not really a fan of organised minutes of respect prematch unless it’s former players etc, but on this occasion and given his Hibernian community work, it really is needed and I hope the club have something planned.
    Not sure the club would plan that as it may be controversial but if fans organise it then it could happen

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post

RIP Brad

Not a dig at the guy, and it is a very sad time for friends and family, but I think we should restrict these things to former players or managers.

RIP Bradley.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Not sure the club would plan that as it may be controversial but if fans organise it then it could happen
    The club is in a lose lose scenario here, do something and it will attract criticism, do nothing and it's the same. I think a minutes applause on the 48th minute would be fitting and allows those who want to pay tribute to do so.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    The club is in a lose lose scenario here, do something and it will attract criticism, do nothing and it's the same. I think a minutes applause on the 48th minute would be fitting and allows those who want to pay tribute.
    Yes, agreed.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Not a dig at the guy, and it is a very sad time for friends and family, but I think we should restrict these things to former players or managers.

RIP Bradley.
    The supporters are the lifeblood of the club. The players and managers come and go but the the fans never leave. Brad loved this club.. his charity was an inspiration to all.. maybe the club could show some love back..

First Team Regular
    Hibs are in a no win situation here due to his casual days. It would wrong to acknowledge this element of the support. Casuals in the main support hibs but that type of behaviour is repulsive.

That said, he appears to have done many great initiatives over his more recent years, all to his credit.

Agree with comments re unofficial tribute to those who want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    The supporters are the lifeblood of the club. The players and managers come and go but the the fans never leave. Brad loved this club.. his charity was an inspiration to all.. maybe the club could show some love back..

Sorry, but I disagree.

Supporters who love the club die every week. We can't have silence/applause for all of them.

What makes some more important or significant than others in their support of our club?

I'm going to leave it at that as I don't want to turn this into an argument.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post

wonder if the 4 getting torched was a warning in some way, heard he had some sort of ownership in it could be total bull****. I'm sure it will come to light who and why. Very bold doing this in the city centre without getting caught. Seriously unhinged animal needs to be brought to justice regardless i hope he's caught swiftly cause we currently have a gunman on the run in the city.
    There will be no gunman running about the city centre. Whoever did this will long gone.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    Brad loved the club but he was also very anti board and highly critical of Tom Farmer and the HSL scheme. Dont forget it was he who set up the Hands on Hibs group. I doubt he had many fans in the Hibs boardroom.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree.

Supporters who love the club die every week. We can't have silence/applause for all of them.

What makes some more important or significant than others in their support of our club?

I'm going to leave it at that as I don't want to turn this into an argument.
    Have to say I agree with this, all due respect of course to the man and his family at a tragic time but official silences etc. Should be kept for players and officials. I do think there's merit in the idea of a commemoration at the last match of every season for all fans who have passed.

Whilst this is an awful and tragic event I have to say I'm not sure I'd heard of Mr Welsh before today (though I had heard of the food bank collections) I'm not sure he should be treated differently from any other fan.

Anyway, like HC I dont want to turn a commemoration thread into an argument, all sympathies to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Hibs are in a no win situation here due to his casual days. It would wrong to acknowledge this element of the support. Casuals in the main support hibs but that type of behaviour is repulsive.

That said, he appears to have done many great initiatives over his more recent years, all to his credit.

Agree with comments re unofficial tribute to those who want to.
    You might be surprised at how “well in” some of the original casuals are with people at the top levels in the club.

Think it would be no less than Brad deserves to have a 48th minute applause this Sunday in our match against Celtic with “One Bradley Welsh” ringing around the stands.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdhibees1 View Post
    👍 magnificent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You might be surprised at how “well in” some of the original casuals are with people at the top levels in the club.
    There’s a lot of the old guard in the posh seats all of the time and the lounges. Old casuals aye but they have always stuck by the club too.

Left by mutual consent!

It's the potential for repercussions and those who might find themselves caught up in them that concerns me. Anyone with access to a gun and capable of staging a city centre killing presumably operates in some rather scary circles.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    It's the potential for repercussions and those who might find themselves caught up in them that concerns me. Anyone with access to a gun and capable of staging a city centre killing presumably operates in some rather scary circles.
    It might be you GB Young who gets caught up in any repercussions but if you see someone with a gun and explain that you are GB Young from the Hibs Net im sure you will be ok.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    In that case, I am surprised. My original point remains valid, repulsive as is any acceptance of it. Bunch of sad Neanderthals.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    In that case, I am surprised. My original point remains valid, repulsive as is any acceptance of it. Bunch of sad Neanderthals.
    Do people like you actually exist or are you a pseudonym invented for the purposes of coming on the internet looking for reason to feel ''repulsed''
    When you see a 50 something former casual do you shake with moral indignation and inner rage or is that just your cyber persona?

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Do people like you actually exist or are you a pseudonym invented for the purposes of coming on the internet looking for reason to feel ''repulsed''
    When you see a 50 something former casual do you shake with moral indignation and inner rage or is that just your cyber persona?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    This isn't the thread for folk to be bickering. Can you leave it for people to pay respect, please.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This isn't the thread for folk to be bickering. Can you leave it for people to pay respect, please.
    Well said Matty.

Ive witnessed groups of families paying their own tributes tonight to Brad for what he brought into their life. They didn’t care that 30 years ago he was an ex-casual. They saw what I saw, someone who would go out their way to help. Food banks, Helping Hands, kids boxing, helping guys with mental health issues and sticking up for ordinary working people regardless of colour or creed.

The ilinformed and those that have never met him will have their view, what I will say is that amount of respect shown by guys who were actually there 30 years ago speaks volumes rather than some silly wee laddie who’s made up their mind based on newspaper headlines.

Hibernian was his passion, that’s what’s binds us on here to him but there was lots more to him and I’m grateful to have spent a lot of time in his company over the years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    It might be you GB Young who gets caught up in any repercussions but if you see someone with a gun and explain that you are GB Young from the Hibs Net im sure you will be ok.
    I'm just making a point that the most shocking thing about this for me is the manner in which Brad Welsh died. This isn't a Saturday night brawl on Rose Street. It's somebody capable of shooting a man in the head, ignoring the fact the man's family are on the other side of the wall, and doing so in Edinburgh city centre where (as far as I know) such a thing hasn't happened in living memory. Who is capable of that sort of act? A very different type of person from your average punter and I don't think it's unreasonable to express concern about where it may lead. I hope I'm wrong and in the meantime condolences to Brad Welsh's partner and child who must be in a bad way right now.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think something organised by the fans would suit best keeps club away from controversy. And the people that matter the fans and people of Edinburgh shows what brad meant to us

Left by mutual consent!
    RIP Brad

No connection, boy on remand for this and reason understood.

Left by mutual consent!
    Always said a how ya doin if you passed by. Never ignored anyone. RIP Brad. GGTTH.