hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 49 of 49
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still absolutely mental that Hearts played an ineligible player, won the game and got awarded 3 points, then got 2 points deducted.
    As Clydeís statement says, they were effectively awarded a point for playing an ineligible player. Incredible decision that was done purely so they could still qualify with a win in their televised game against ICT a few days later.
    Scottish fitbaw eh
    That's correct. The TV game was already scheduled so they didn't want to lose the money coming into the game from the broadcasters and nor did they want a 'big' club to go out of the competition so early. A decision was therefore taken to make it look as though a sanction had been imposed, despite they fact nobody could cite a precedent or explain the justification for a two-point deduction.

    Jim McInally summed it up well:

    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-unlisted-sub/

    The fact the yams went on to benefit from a big Murrayfield crowd in their semi-final gubbing by Celtic sticks in the craw.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs must be happy with the way the rules are applied favourably towards certain teams or they would say so. Itís a mystery to me why we donít seem to mind?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would we bother?

    Neither situation effects us in any way whatsoever. If it was a decision that had a negative effect on us, then Iím sure we would have something to say.

    Letís be honest, if it was St Johnstone or Livingston that got away fairly Scot free in the league cup, then this thread probably wouldnít exist.

    I canít say I give much of a toss about either situation.
    Last edited by TheHarpy76; 17-04-2019 at 04:57 AM.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member VivaPalmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,547
    Precedent set for the ďbig clubsĒ job done, nothing to see move on...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

  5. #34
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,488
    No sympathy for Clyde. Horrible club

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,117
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No sympathy for Clyde. Horrible club
    Why?

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,800
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would we bother?

    Neither situation effects us in any way whatsoever. If it was a decision that had a negative effect on us, then Iím sure we would have something to say.

    Letís be honest, if it was St Johnstone or Livingston that got away fairly Scot free in the league cup, then this thread probably wouldnít exist.

    I canít say I give much of a toss about either situation.
    How does their progression in the cup, with all the financial benefits that entail have no effect on us?

    What happened to Rods sporting integrity mantra there?

    You just cant make the rules up as you go along, sorry thats a lie, you can in Scotland.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,668
    I know someone involved in that league, it wasn't deliberate but rather than being that Clyde forgot to send something, it was more along the lines of they just assumed it would be OK as he was in their books and didn't take the time to look in to the rules regarding short term loans and player registration before hand. Bit rough but ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

    Agree the Hearts should have been similarly punished earlier in the season but that doesn't mean you shouldn't apply the rules correctly to Clyde. Hopefully (though unlikely) it sets a precident for the rules being correctly applied going forward.
    Last edited by ian cruise; 17-04-2019 at 07:57 AM.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    12,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a conspiracy.
    Or it might be a witch hunt

    https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...nts-deduction/
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  10. #39
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does their progression in the cup, with all the financial benefits that entail have no effect on us?

    What happened to Rods sporting integrity mantra there?

    You just cant make the rules up as you go along, sorry thats a lie, you can in Scotland.
    Ok, Iíll give you that.

    What about the rest of my post though. No one would give a **** if it was St Johnstone or Livi.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,800
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, Iíll give you that.

    What about the rest of my post though. No one would give a **** if it was St Johnstone or Livi.
    I do and so should everyone else, how can you break the rules and have no idea what punishment you will receive?

    Playing ANY ineligible player should automatically result in a 3-0 defeat and the loss of 3 points, no matter how small or large the team is conceived to be.

    Sporting integrity should be there for all teams.

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,117
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do and so should everyone else, how can you break the rules and have no idea what punishment you will receive?

    Playing ANY ineligible player should automatically result in a 3-0 defeat and the loss of 3 points, no matter how small or large the team is conceived to be.

    Sporting integrity should be there for all teams.
    Yet we were clearly told the new spfl rules would be very clear as would punishments. Utter shambles this has been allowed to happen. Hearts benefitted hugely by getting a split of 50k crowd at Murrayfield. Very surprised how little Inverness made of it at the time.

  13. #42
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,301
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, Iíll give you that.

    What about the rest of my post though. No one would give a **** if it was St Johnstone or Livi.
    I'd care if it was St Johnstone or Livi.

    I care most if it is our rivals for league position and in cups. Hearts will have benefitted to the tune of a few hundred grand from that decision, money that will allow them to hold an advantage over Hibs.

    It would bother me similarly if it was Killie or Aberdeen who had benefitted.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    6,958
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why?
    1958 Cup Final:

    Clyde 1: Hibernian 0

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    22,132
    And in other news Celtc won't be punished for there fans singing sectarian songs because they issued a statement to the Celtc fans after the game saying they were bad songs and not to sing them, SFA happy with that and no further action will be taken against them.

  16. #45
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why?
    They have a rapist upfront and a racist in midfield.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does their progression in the cup, with all the financial benefits that entail have no effect on us?

    What happened to Rods sporting integrity mantra there?

    You just cant make the rules up as you go along, sorry thats a lie, you can in Scotland.
    SPFL decision - was nothing to do with Petrie

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,800
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SPFL decision - was nothing to do with Petrie
    He made the statement on behalf of Hibs and Scottish football, yet nothing since when these things happen?

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He made the statement on behalf of Hibs and Scottish football, yet nothing since when these things happen?
    We may have to disagree - imo he made the statement on behalf of Hibs only - and it was in response to other clubs concern that we may lose Oldco out of the top division - While I agree with you that Hearts appear to have gained an advantage here, dealing with this is hardly RP job????

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    59
    Posts
    49,800
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We may have to disagree - imo he made the statement on behalf of Hibs only - and it was in response to other clubs concern that we may lose Oldco out of the top division - While I agree with you that Hearts appear to have gained an advantage here, dealing with this is hardly RP job????
    I disagree, if everyone just says nothing then nothing will ever change, people have to speak out against this, and Petrie has previous, and if not him then Dempster.

    We cant have rules applied that are just made up as they go along.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved