hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McGinn

Apparently last night was awesome. Notice he was up against ex Falkirk wannabe hardman Vaulks, who was booked and fortunate not to be sent off.

Gives me enormous satisfaction to see McGinn come out on top in a tussle with an ex Falkirk player , especially after ignoramus Houston trying to belittle him.

Since Houston's outburst Mcginn's career has gone in to overdrive. Anyone got any idea where Houston has ended up?

Sorry to send the thread off at a tangent but my dislike of Houston is intense.

There, I feel better already.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree, Its time he advanced his career further for a Huge transfer fee

@hibs.net private member
    Went down to see him play for Villa a few weeks ago. Villa were very poor against West Brom. McGinn stood out like a sore thumb.

Villa fans absolutely loved him and can't believe that he was so cheap. Plenty of we've got McGinn chants.

By the way there was a car in the official car park with a Hibs number plate. Anyone know if it is his?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went down to see him play for Villa a few weeks ago. Villa were very poor against West Brom. McGinn stood out like a sore thumb.

Villa fans absolutely loved him and can't believe that he was so cheap. Plenty of we've got McGinn chants.

By the way there was a car in the official car park with a Hibs number plate. Anyone know if it is his?
    He came to my sons training to watch and have photos taken while still at Hibs and was driving a Renault Megane with no Hibs number plate so I’d doubt he has one now, hopefully he’s upgraded his car too!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    He came to my sons training to watch and have photos taken while still at Hibs and was driving a Renault Megane with no Hibs number plate so I’d doubt he has one now, hopefully he’s upgraded his car too!
    It was a Nissan 4x4

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I could see him being a Juergen Klopp type player.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I met him in the Starbucks on Leith Walk on the night Kamberi scored a Hattrick against Hamilton last season, think he was suspended that night, appeared to be driving a nice Audi Saloon

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I could see him being a Juergen Klopp type player.

Liverpool would be lucky to have him. Would be like another Andy Robertson and he’d fit them perfectly.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Apparently last night was awesome. Notice he was up against ex Falkirk wannabe hardman Vaulks, who was booked and fortunate not to be sent off.

Gives me enormous satisfaction to see McGinn come out on top in a tussle with an ex Falkirk player , especially after ignoramus Houston trying to belittle him.

Since Houston's outburst Mcginn's career has gone in to overdrive. Anyone got any idea where Houston has ended up?

I don't understand what you're saying, do you like Houston or not?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Delighted to see him do incredibly well down there, really warming. We really miss him, but as others have said, at least we showed him the love and adulation he deserved when he was here. A special, special player and eternal legend for us. Him and SDG my favourite Hibs players ever.

Like many I've been following SJM's progress with Villa and he's getting rave reviews week in week out. The Villa fans love him. He seems to be one of those players that comes along every so often that unites a fan base in that absolutely everybody takes to the player. I hope he stays with Villa - they are a proper football club with an amazing fan base. The play offs look likely now - let's hope John gets an opportunity to show what he can do on a very wide Wembley pitch.

@hibs.net private member
    At this point I suppose I should be grateful to be a Villa fan too.

Fans of the other local teams (West Brom and Small Heath) are just a touch jealous of Villa for having him.

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackjoeT!! View Post
    We should be incredibly proud for helping develop a raw talent at St Mirren and turning him into a wonderful all action footballer.

The Villa fans absolutely love him, week after week he wins their Man of the Match award and they cannot believe what a player they have. Read through some of the comment on this Villa forum!

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/1868...erham-v-villa/

If Villa do not get promoted this season there are bound to be mid-level Premier League clubs of the calibre of Leicester and Everton sniffing around. If he moves it will be for big money and we will get the financial windfall we deserve.

Hibs legend
    If you want to spend a couple of minutes looking at some of the gifs/maps/memes about McGinn. Several made me chuckle.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/1868...-villa/page/4/

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    insouciant
    .... be back in a minute, just digging out my Jackie Collins dictionary.

I love and miss John. My favourite ever player and I’m glad he’s doing so well because it validates how I feel about him not only as a player but as a wee guy that plays every game like it’s his last. I’m totally gay for McGinn. I like this quote from their fans forum:

“John McGinn could work the milk back out of your tea and come back for the sugar; it's not possible to do what he did in that second half. Mo Farah has been seen crying. He's unbelievable, a mutant, a freak, unnatural, an anomaly, a whirlwind, a gyro, an army of one, and I love him.”

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Loved SJM while he was here

Wish him all the best for the future and in his career

Hope he gets his big move to boost our coffers

Only concerned about HIBS tbh and hopefully we can unearth the next SJM or produce someone even better

Out of sight out of mind

Just glad he did not sign for the smellies

My mancrush ended the day he walked out the door

Hibs will survive

The one thing I will say even although he knew he was leaving be it Celtic or anywhere else he was totally professional and gave 100% for the Hibernian cause while was still a HIBS player

Respect!
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-04-2019 at 04:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Don't apologise, anything against Falkirk FC is fine by me. They annoyed the hell out of me and I developed an irrational hatred of them from our holiday in the championship.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Don't apologise, anything against Falkirk FC is fine by me. They annoyed the hell out of me and I developed an irrational hatred of them from our holiday in the championship.
    Ditto.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Actually don't mind Falkirk as a club. Mainly due to wee Crunchie and a lad i knocked around with at school being a died in the wool Bairn. Houston was a welt though.

And now potentially looking at league 1

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

His big angry purple heid finally exploded when Hibs won the cup. It should have been Falkirk but they didn't have the resources.

He then morphed into Billy Broon and the shell of a person that created wanders around East Lothian in ancient hearts track suits.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Its strange to think he was still playing for us at the start of this season, truly incredible to see how far he's continued to progress this year but not at all surprising. Definitely tied with Ivan for my favourite Hibee ever

Question is- what adds on if any do we have for him? The difference between us having say a 20% sell on fee and/or a promotion fee compared to nothing would be massive for Hibs.
    I suspect that question will be rhetorical until a sale or promotion is realised...

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Actually don't mind Falkirk as a club. Mainly due to wee Crunchie and a lad i knocked around with at school being a died in the wool Bairn. Houston was a welt though.
    Tbf I think the Houston factor might have elevated it for me, but the few encounters I had with Falkirk supporters themselves were good natured.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    And now potentially looking at league 1
    I'm not one to hold a grudge, but it would definitely give me a nice wee glow - especially after the farcical play off games.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Loved SJM while he was here

Wish him all the best for the future and in his career

Hope he gets his big move to boost our coffers

Only concerned about HIBS tbh and hopefully we can unearth the next SJM or produce someone even better

Out of sight out of mind

Just glad he did not sign for the smellies

My mancrush ended the day he walked out the door

Hibs will survive

The one thing I will say even although he knew he was leaving be it Celtic or anywhere else he was totally professional and gave 100% for the Hibernian cause while was still a HIBS player

Respect!
    That's exactly why I keep an eye on him after his exit, a brilliant professional who never gave anything less than 100% for Hibs, was part of so many glorious moments for us.

I remember a couple of years ago I was having an argument with a jambo in work (one of the most blinkered stubborn Jambos I have ever met) about who was better, McGinn or Jamie Walker, he could not accept that McGinn is about 5 times the player of Walker, crazy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    That's exactly why I keep an eye on him after his exit, a brilliant professional who never gave anything less than 100% for Hibs, was part of so many glorious moments for us.

I remember a couple of years ago I was having an argument with a jambo in work (one of the most blinkered stubborn Jambos I have ever met) about who was better, McGinn or Jamie Walker, he could not accept that McGinn is about 5 times the player of Walker, crazy.
    Serious question. Where is Walker now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post

Ha Ha!

Funnily enough I was on Keekback last night and it has been rumoured that Jamie Walker is looking for a return to Hearts but the feedback was not good with most jambos saying not good enough,shirker, injury prone Championship standard at best

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Serious question. Where is Walker now?
    Wigan Athletic

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quick question - if we have say a 30% sell on clause for McGinn and he goes for £20M and we therefore get £6M, are St Mirren still due 33% of our £6M? Or does it only work once?