hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kane O'Connor

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree but I’m only passing on the info I received from someone within the club as to what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who in the club is passing this on? There was a huge clamour to bring reserve team football back. I’ve seen nothing indicate reserves will be scrapped from next season. I’d suggest your info is questionable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Maybe Heck will have his own man in charge of the Friendly team next year!!
    No chance of that. Not his decision to make.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Shaw is doing really well but needs to force his way into the team next season. Has a great goal scoring record at first team level.

The problem with Shaw is that he isn’t consistent enough at this level compared to someone like a Ryan Porteous who had really stamped his place in the starting XI before his injury.

Shaw needs to step up and remain consistent to stay there otherwise he’ll be moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    That’s not how the club is structured though.
    Nor should it be.

It won't help develop our next generation if a new coach is appointed every time we change manager.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    The problem with Shaw is that he isn’t consistent enough at this level compared to someone like a Ryan Porteous who had really stamped his place in the starting XI before his injury.

Shaw needs to step up and remain consistent to stay there otherwise he’ll be moved on.
    Game time is Shaw’s biggest problem.

Hopefully we can keep McNulty, if we don’t we will sign someone else. With Kamberi still there, Shaw is still likely to be third choice. At 21, he needs to be playing regular if he wants to progress.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Nor should it be.

It won't help develop our next generation if a new coach is appointed every time we change manager.
    Absolutely right.

Eddie May does seem to be a bit of a divisive figure, but his teams perform to a high standard and whilst it’s not generating a conveyor belt of talent into the first team, they are a decent team at the level they play at. Getting players into the first team squad is a big achievement and we’ve had Shaw, Mackie and Porteous in the first team squad most of the season ( fitness permitting).

Once players make it the main squad, surely it’s up to the coaches there to take the raw materials and mould them into first team regulars?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Game time is Shaw’s biggest problem.

Hopefully we can keep McNulty, if we don’t we will sign someone else. With Kamberi still there, Shaw is still likely to be third choice. At 21, he needs to be playing regular if he wants to progress.

The only way he’s going to get game time is playing consistently well when called upon. We’ve seen it in flashes but not enough to make you think he’s got a really bright future here and will be on a number of clubs’ radar in a couple of years time. Needs to start grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and showing his true potential. He’s very good at youth level but we’ve had plenty youngsters like that in the past that were unplayable at youth level but when it came to the first team, they couldn’t cut it.

Yes I agree that at 21 years old he needs to definitely start playing regularly if he wants to progress further.

Nor should it be.

I agree. I was just pointing out we have a structure in place and a new manager/head coach won’t be allowed to wreck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That's absolutely ridiculous, in what way will having youngsters playing for nothing do the game in Scotland any good?
    Winning 5/6-0 this season probably doesn't do alot either.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Signed for Brentford. Good move for him and all the very best of luck to him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Signed for Brentford. Good move for him and all the very best of luck to him.
    While i dont wish him badly, equally I dont really care what happens to him now. If he's chosen to leave Hibs, he's an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    While i dont wish him badly, equally I dont really care what happens to him now. If he's chosen to leave Hibs, he's an irrelevance.
    Easy. He was told he had no future at Hibs.

He's a very good player, has been all through the years at Hibs. Another case of if Eddie May doesn't fancy you that's you.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

He's a very good player, has been all through the years at Hibs. Another case of if Eddie May doesn't fancy you that's you.
    Which were the others?

Making that decision is part of May's job. He only deserves criticism for it if the players he releases go on to do well at a similar level to us or higher.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

There are other players who play in the same position who are viewed as better prospects. We can’t keep them all. Simple as that.

Making that decision is part of May's job. He only deserves criticism for it if the players he releases go on to do well at a similar level to us or higher.

And we’d be quick to criticise EM if he didn’t let players go and we were ‘wasting wages on laddies who’ll never be good enough for Hibs’, which would be the kind of comment people would make (not aiming this at anyone in particular).

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    It’s Heckingbottom that didn’t fancy him, not May. There’s a few more in the same boat too but as they didn’t go on trial with a Premier League club it didn’t make the news.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    It’s Heckingbottom that didn’t fancy him, not May. There’s a few more in the same boat too but as they didn’t go on trial with a Premier League club it didn’t make the news.

Did they refuse to go on trial?

@hibs.net private member

Real shame. The boy has great potential.

Hopefully we're entitled to a decent fee

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Did we offer him a deal though?

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Pretty surenl Cross border transfers aren't worth as much than if he was moving to another Scottish club

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Pretty surenl Cross border transfers aren't worth as much than if he was moving to another Scottish club
    Or nowt . Did we not get Clayton Donaldson for hee haw . On the cross border rule .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Simply not true. Eddie May just doesn’t like the laddie. Simple as that. It’s not even football related. Kano just doesn’t put up with Eddie’s bully boy approach.

@hibs.net private member
    Simply not true. Eddie May just doesn’t like the laddie. Simple as that. It’s not even football related. Kano just doesn’t put up with Eddie’s bully boy approach.

That’s a sad story if true ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s a sad story if true ...
    Oh believe me it’s true. You’d be shocked to hear some of the stories. On a side note, Eddie May recommenced the release of our entire under 20 squad bar 2 players. The rest were offered amateur contracts. Most of them are 18/19 years old. Scandalous!

@hibs.net private member

Kane O'Connor

Oh believe me it’s true. You’d be shocked to hear some of the stories. On a side note, Eddie May recommenced the release of our entire under 20 squad bar 2 players. The rest were offered amateur contracts. Most of them are 18/19 years old. Scandalous!

wonder if the club will equally be brave enough to reflect on Eddie May’s role ....as he has chosen those boys for our development journey ...and now rejects all but two

And amateur contracts is just disrespectful...we either want them or we don’t. Very poor that

If you're not good enough you're not good enough. I'm glad there's someone in charge that's ruthless if standards aren't met.

Am I the only one doubting the investment return from the Academy.

Established twelve years ago to produce a conveyor belt of talent into the first team squad.

I’d be looking for at least one if not two or more breaking into the first eleven each season.

How many fit that description since 2007?