hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uche Ikpeazu

Uche Ikpeazu

Said it a few times that if he wasn't a man mountain he'd be playing non league. Terrible player. Our defence played a blinder and niggled away at him all game and he couldn't cope. Well and trully found out i reckon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said it a few times that if he wasn't a man mountain he'd be playing non league. Terrible player. Our defence played a blinder and niggled away at him all game and he couldn't cope. Well and trully found out i reckon.
    Awkward as **** which instantly makes him semi useful. Probably the kind of guy you’d want on your bench to throw on if plan A wasn’t working.

Would hate for him to start games for Hibs though. **** watching that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's a quarterback 😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Don't think he has been found out, he is just a huddie.

Absolutely zero ability other than being a battering ram. Typical levein striker (when he decides to play with one)

A football player should be able to kick a ball.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    2 goals in 14 appearances in the league all season....

If he was to learn how to stay on his feet he would be fair more effective

His default position seems to be sat on his backside with his hands in the air complaining he didn't get a freekick

The commentators were very complimentary of him on Saturday - but what Craigan and Sutton know about quality football can be written on a stamp

Left by mutual consent!
    Ryan Porteous is a better striker than him

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Rowan Vine was a better striker than Ikpeazu what a waste of a jersey but he is the type of Non-footballer Levein loves

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    2 goals in 14 appearances in the league all season....

If he was to learn how to stay on his feet he would be fair more effective

His default position seems to be sat on his backside with his hands in the air complaining he didn't get a freekick

The commentators were very complimentary of him on Saturday - but what Craigan and Sutton know about quality football can be written on a stamp
    Exactly this, he's awkward in a bull in a China shop sort of a way and if the yam want to rejoice in a two goal striker who cheats a bit and has the balance of Bambi on ice that's great.

This must be further evidence of the gulf between us that I keep hearing about.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

How bad must that other big striker they were celebrating signing be?!

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    How bad must that other big striker they were celebrating signing be?!
    Here's what our family yam sent me about their strikers after I contacted him about our fine win.

"I know but what choice do we have? Only play one way and Levein has left us with McLean who must be his dominoes partner and the utterly hopeless Vanacek who was probably a basketball player that wasn't any good at basketball.

We're horrible to watch".

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Utter huddy that has been found out now he’s been sussed to play against. He would do a job though...for Vlads basketball side.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Konte may have ducked out of headers, but at least he landed on his feet. This boy is utterly brutal. Would be utterly embarrassed as a Hearts fan to have him in the squad.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    To prevent him scoring against us in 3 weeks time and this thread looking a bit silly I’d like to compliment him on his work rate, how well he uses his physique, his good third touch and his numerous attempts to swap jerseys with Daz mid game.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    He’s exactly the kind of striker I’d love to see at Hibs an an option when Plan A or Plan B isn’t working.

He’s also exactly the kind of striker that Hearts fans love as a their ‘Plan A’ and that’s the reason why they haven’t seen a 20+ goal striker for the best part of 30 years.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Here's what our family yam sent me about their strikers after I contacted him about our fine win.

"I know but what choice do we have? Only play one way and Levein has left us with McLean who must be his dominoes partner and the utterly hopeless Vanacek who was probably a basketball player that wasn't any good at basketball.

We're horrible to watch".

"Family yam"!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    He's a quarterback 😂😂
    😂 True, though quarterbacks aren't the biggest guys on the pitch. Ikpeazu is more like an offensive guard which pretty much describes his role for Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    To prevent him scoring against us in 3 weeks time and this thread looking a bit silly I’d like to compliment him on his work rate, how well he uses his physique, his good third touch and his numerous attempts to swap jerseys with Daz mid game.
    Good 3rd touch haha. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    😂 True, though quarterbacks aren't the biggest guys on the pitch. Ikpeazu is more like an offensive guard which pretty much describes his role for Hearts.
    I sit corrected sir.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    He’s exactly the kind of striker I’d love to see at Hibs an an option when Plan A or Plan B isn’t working.

He’s also exactly the kind of striker that Hearts fans love as a their ‘Plan A’ and that’s the reason why they haven’t seen a 20+ goal striker for the best part of 30 years.
    Spot on.

I sit corrected sir.
    You made a good point, he is built like an American Footballer. Looking at the 2014 photo on his Wikipedia page he's beefed up a lot, presumably not with the help of steroids.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Ikpeazu
    Last edited by 007; 08-04-2019 at 10:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Worth millions though, apparantly 😂😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    He's a quarterback 😂😂
    Ahh that explains his size it’s all padding under his strip 😂

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If he was a Game Of Tyrone’s character, he’d be Hodor.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yep would be more of a linebacker. Absolute cert to now score a hat trick in 3 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    "Family yam"!

Don't really like to call him family but he's an in law so as he's okay, rarely goes to a game and cancelled his DD within weeks of Budge "saving them" I tolerate him.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I would take him at Hibs, he is a bloody handful, and if played the right way in the right team he'd create lots of chances for us.

I said during the match, if he had any real football ability he'd be worth millions, but to ignore what he does bring to a team does him an injustice.

We had folk telling us how good Grant Holt was, when he would fart about out wide or in his own half. This guy actually puts a shift in in the right area's, and as i said with the right kind of football and team around him, i think he'd be an asset in plenty of games.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I would take him at Hibs, he is a bloody handful, and if played the right way in the right team he'd create lots of chances for us.

I said during the match, if he had any real football ability he'd be worth millions, but to ignore what he does bring to a team does him an injustice.

We had folk telling us how good Grant Holt was, when he would fart about out wide or in his own half. This guy actually puts a shift in in the right area's, and as i said with the right kind of football and team around him, i think he'd be an asset in plenty of games.
    To be fair Grant Holt played EPL and Championship football for years. Uche couldn't tie his laces. His sheer size makes him a handful but now defenders are working him out he just seems to fall over a lot.

I think you're all being overly hard on Ikpeazu. I mean, sure, we have three defenders who've each scored more league goals than Uche, but just look at the guy. He's big. He runs at people, through people, or over people. If you're attuned to Jambo sensibilities, how can you NOT want someone who looks like that on your team? How can you not want to see defenders simply trampled underfoot? Think of all the fun you can have posting little gifs and video clips of him running over defenders on the internet! He's worth it for aesthetic considerations alone. If he ever manages to score more than 1 goal in 10 league games, that would be a bonus.

It's not all winning games and scoring goals you know. Jambos have other needs too, and Ikpeazu fulfils those to a tee.