hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bartley

Bartley

Thought he has been immense lately. Is a great sqaud player who is a must have to close out games. When I saw him come on I knew we had a great chance a protecting our lead. Does the hard yards and the unglamorous stuff and really takes the sting out of the attack. Hope he stays long term!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Did he not get the last gasp tackle at the end to force them to spoon it over the bar from about 6 yards out. He was solid when he came on.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He left his man to have a shot that djoum should have scored with, we can forgive him on this occasion though

Left by mutual consent!
    There was very little danger when he came on. He ****in hates hearts, too!

I thought he was poor when he came on, opinions eh

Big man is a more than handy back up player though so would be given a year's extension if it was up to me

Looking like McGregor and Gray will get another years contract but suspect Bartley will be released.

He has had a good 4 years at Hibs which is longer than he has been at any other club and will be long remembered.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Big man is a more than handy back up player though so would be given a year's extension if it was up to me
    Didn't think he was at it and got lucky with Djoum miss

Thought he was poor and off the pace when he came on. If Djoum didn't miss an open goal at the back post we'd all be slating him for leaving his marker free. Fine margins and that...

I always defend him but again today think he showed that he still has a lot to offer, we were on the ropes a bit until he was brought on and then we managed to get a bit of a hold on the match again after with him helping Daz and Hanlon on Ikpeazu

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love big Marv, but his last few appearances have been awful (including today) and I would be astonished if he got a new contract.

Games just seem to pass him by these days and it looks like the sands of time have caught up with him.

Will always remember him fondly though, he has had some great games for Hibs and certainly gets what it is to play for and be one of us.

Love his dislike of Hearts and I feel that he should be let go with his reputation relatively intact before folk start to turn on him.

Instrumental with others in that group signed by Stubbs of restoring the connection between the club and the fans.

Will be sad to see him go but there is no room for sentiment in football.

I love the big man too but he didn’t look fit to me when he came on. He seemed way off the pace and got very lucky with Djoum’s miss.

Did anyone see the hearts fans trying to goad him as he warmed up in the 1st half? He was just smiling back at them and they were losing the rag and complaining to stewards

He doesn't have quite the impact he used to when he comes on now. Time to move on.

Wasn't at the game,didn't even see it on tv, however......... there are a good few comments saying he was " off the pace" today. Remember he hasn't played much first team football recently and am sure if he got an extended run in the team we would soon see the player we know and love.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Cometh the hour cometh the man

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Played 10 lost 1 I think

Legend absolutely love him. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Did anyone see the hearts fans trying to goad him as he warmed up in the 1st half? He was just smiling back at them and they were losing the rag and complaining to stewards
    Yes, he was right in front of us warming up and was just laughing in their faces as they were getting angrier and angrier!

Don’t think when he’s been on the pitch at the end we’ve ever lost a derby?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Love Bartley but he couldn’t get near the ball the entire times he was on.

You can see why he doesn’t start for us these days.

He was marking space most of the time. I love him for previous derby displays, and I love it he was part of the winning side today, but he made us weaker when he came on.

Big fan of what's he's done for us in the past but sadly I have to agree that Bartley didn't get into the game today and I'd be surprised if he's still with us next season.

Still, he's mostly run this city during his time here.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Love the big man & will always be a legend but think he may get moved on in the summer.

@hibs.net private member mike1875's Avatar
    Delighted that he got to win one at their place before he likely leaves in the summer. Will definitely miss his character about the place when he is away and he has put in a lot of great shifts in big games over the last few years.
    Scottish by birth. Hibee by the grace of God.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He was marking space most of the time. I love him for previous derby displays, and I love it he was part of the winning side today, but he made us weaker when he came on.
    That's about right, legend but his best has long passed.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I love Bartley, thought he was the right sub at the right time today. Hard game to get up to speed in in the role he plays and he did fine.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Hecky needs to free up space to bring in his own type of player and has very hard calls to make in David Gray and Daz but its not in Marv's case.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

I agree he was caught out several times seems very slow but I guess it's hard when you not playing at all to get up to speed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Thought he was poor and off the pace when he came on. If Djoum didn't miss an open goal at the back post we'd all be slating him for leaving his marker free. Fine margins and that...
    This.

The man is a hero, but he was nowhere near Djoum who really should have scored. Could very easily have cost us the win.