hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could HSL not have a monthly prize draw - for example £500 to try to encourage new members / reward existing subscribers?
    I wouldn’t want any cash taken from the HSL pot. As someone else mentioned, if some prizes could be donated from Hibs minded businesses - or even the club - there could be a monthly draw or something.
    In saying that, I don’t really care. I just want my money to help the team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    I make regular monthly contributions through Direct Debit. Not fussed whether I’m included in any monthly draw or not- my purpose is to help support the playing budget.
    I buy a Happy Hibby ticket for a prize draw

No question Hearts and Aberdeen have a financial advantage with their respective contribution schemes. I’d like to think that Hibs fans who can afford it, can compete with this.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    I don't think that money should be diverted to fund monthly prizes but I do think that "money can't buy" prizes such as visits to HTC or meeting players would help raise the profile of HSL and encourage membership.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Just joined, I cant buy a season ticket these days as I simply miss far too any matches due to distance, so its next best thing to help financially. It says even though I selected a one off payment I still have to stop the DD after the sum has cleared? That right? Ive read alot of posts regarding HSL and payments, it could be simplified and clarified a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    I make regular monthly contributions through Direct Debit. Not fussed whether I’m included in any monthly draw or not- my purpose is to help support the playing budget.
    I buy a Happy Hibby ticket for a prize draw

No question Hearts and Aberdeen have a financial advantage with their respective contribution schemes. I’d like to think that Hibs fans who can afford it, can compete with this.
    Captain
    Couldn’t agree more.
    While we are looking for one off donations of £50 to give a little boost to the budget our primary goal is to get every Hibs fan on board, contributing what they can.
    Clearly there are 000’s out there who are not yet convinced and don’t realise that our Manager will have less funds at his disposal next year unless we try and do something about it.

If you already donate please do what you can to encourage a fellow Hibbee to join. If you don’t currently donate, please join us at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk. Please remember to only donate if you have the spare funds to do so,

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Captain
    Couldn’t agree more.
    While we are looking for one off donations of £50 to give a little boost to the budget our primary goal is to get every Hibs fan on board, contributing what they can.
    Clearly there are 000’s out there who are not yet convinced and don’t realise that our Manager will have less funds at his disposal next year unless we try and do something about it.

If you already donate please do what you can to encourage a fellow Hibbee to join. If you don’t currently donate, please join us at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk. Please remember to only donate if you have the spare funds to do so,

HSL
    I'm guessing HSL can't do bucket collections before a game on in the concourse during a game as they aren't a charity? Can they not have a point in the concourse on matchdays for signups or for one off contributions?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There have been some great prizes in the last year or so, iirc European trips etc.

I'm sure that we all want the strongest possible Hibs team on the pitch on any given matchday, and that comes at a price - and then it's down to the support to decide what part we play in that.

There is clearly the argument that says we have a wealthy owner, so why should the ordinary punter dip into their pockets to raise funds that could be raised very quickly by STF? From day one of his time owning the club, STF has been clear that he's not in it to chase glory - he wanted us to have a club to support that stood on its own two feet.

Despite that, it's evident that STF has funded the club at times, and that he's written off sums that were loaned to the club.

We have an opportunity to safeguard the club for generations to come, to take the club into the hands of the support and at the same time improve our chances of having more days like 21/05/16.

Why would anyone not want to be part of that?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Is £50 too much for some folk? Wonder if there would have been more take up with a lower amount?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Promising Youngster
    Scott

We are sorry to hear this. As far as we are aware we are up to date with emails ( we don't really get many ). Would you mind trying again and also please send a pm with your details.

HSL
    I have tried to donate the £50 for over a week now without success. As I have lost my password I have asked for it to be reset and there has been no response. I have also tried to make the donation without a membership but I get the reply that my email address is already registered ( will be mine) and I need to use an alternative email address. 3 emails have been sent to rectify but still no reply.

@hibs.net private member We done it Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    I have tried to donate the £50 for over a week now without success. As I have lost my password I have asked for it to be reset and there has been no response. I have also tried to make the donation without a membership but I get the reply that my email address is already registered ( will be mine) and I need to use an alternative email address. 3 emails have been sent to rectify but still no reply.

I also emailed them using the link but not had reply.
    But think I managed to make a donation.
    I also tried to start paying monthly but don't think that has gone through.
    Will try again soon.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'll soon be in a position where I can make more of a contribution, which I will do shortly.

However, one small question - I completed my initial monthly payments for a "share" some time ago (around 2 or so years) but never recieved a certificate. Is this normal or should I have got one?

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I’m also having the same problems with my password and no luck with the password reset option or responses to my emails.

The last few posts make for quite depressing reading as far as HSL go.

I appreciate time and effort is required but it isn't a good message when a pickup in donations is what is being asked for.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'll soon be in a position where I can make more of a contribution, which I will do shortly.

However, one small question - I completed my initial monthly payments for a "share" some time ago (around 2 or so years) but never recieved a certificate. Is this normal or should I have got one?
    option to download certificate when you log in to your own personal section on the website

Testimonial Due
    had problems setting up my monthly payment initially which got resolved then after a few months payments collected as expected I then got
    an email saying it had failed again so have given up.

The issues weren’t at my end. Will be a fair few others have had similar problems and given up costing donations.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    The last few posts make for quite depressing reading as far as HSL go.

I appreciate time and effort is required but it isn't a good message when a pickup in donations is what is being asked for.
    It certainly is depressing. I thought HSL had improved a lot in this regard, and they probably have, but these posts show that there is still serious problems with communication, which at the end of the day is costing the club money. I joined up last year but that was after about 12 months of messages where I got no reply. So that’s 12 months of possible donations from me that they missed
    out on. And this seems to be replicated all over the place.

hopefully Official HSL can answer these queries.

And this is is nothing personal because I’m a huge fan of HSL and it’s aims and I want to see it work.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Signed up

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I couldn't give a toss what the HSL money is spent on, just so long as it benefits Hibs. If it was all earmarked for a new indoor training facility for example then that would be acceptable to me, as it would be if it was used to pay the stadium's electricity bill.

The point being that at the end of the day the money Hibs spend, no matter where its spent, is required to keep the club going and if HSL money went towards paying the bills for example surely that frees up money to spend on the team, after all no matter what our wage bill is we still have to keep the lights on or cut the grass at East Mains.
    👍

Think the guys at Hsl are doing a great job but can they up the anti a bit ie have stalls in the concourse under the stands on Matchday please forgive guys if this has already been brought up Ggtth by the way I’ve been donating since the start all the best

Left by mutual consent!
    I've mentioned this before. It's a difficult site to negotiate. Utterly confusing at times, certainly to those of us who need to protect the few brain cells we have left.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Iggy
    You make a good point. The short answer is no as we are trying to raise additional funds.

Having said this we do want to recognise donators like yourself who contribute every month. What do you think we should do ?

HSL
    I’d like dinner with Paul n Robbie but I’ll settle for the short answer.
    Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’d like dinner with Paul n Robbie but I’ll settle for the short answer.
    Understood.
    Iggy
    Think you may have misunderstood, it was a serious question. We can do some kind of Draw for regular contributors as this is the very least we can do to show our appreciation. Some issues we would need to sort are :
    - How often
    - open to who ? All regular donators or only above a certain level
    - separate draws or automatically included in every second draw ?

What do you think ?

Will check with Hecky to see if he fancies a date with you.

HSL

Pay monthly but will give the one off Donation being requested Less than a nights Bevy Money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy
    Think you may have misunderstood, it was a serious question. We can do some kind of Draw for regular contributors as this is the very least we can do to show our appreciation. Some issues we would need to sort are :
    - How often
    - open to who ? All regular donators or only above a certain level
    - separate draws or automatically included in every second draw ?

What do you think ?

Will check with Hecky to see if he fancies a date with you.

HSL
    I understood your response and said so. I had asked a question. You answered.
    Odd subsequent response from you though my friend and the last bit sounded a bit patronising so I’d ask that you pack it in.

In other matters I’m sure you and your team have plenty of ideas about continuing to promote HSL to new and existing contributors. The last I recall was the European away draws when you had one to attract new and then another for everyone (?). Whatever you do, do it without introducing any sort of tier levels like you’ve mentioned on the second bullet point here. Let’s not drive barriers amongst the support or contributors. Look what happened when the whole HSL Loyalty Points bonus kicked off for instance.

Good luck with the latest initiative.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I understood your response and said so. I had asked a question. You answered.
    Odd subsequent response from you though my friend and the last bit sounded a bit patronising so I’d ask that you pack it in.

In other matters I’m sure you and your team have plenty of ideas about continuing to promote HSL to new and existing contributors. The last I recall was the European away draws when you had one to attract new and then another for everyone (?). Whatever you do, do it without introducing any sort of tier levels like you’ve mentioned on the second bullet point here. Let’s not drive barriers amongst the support or contributors. Look what happened when the whole HSL Loyalty Points bonus kicked off for instance.

Good luck with the latest initiative.
    Patronising? I must be missing the part where it sounded patronising in the slightest

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Patronising? I must be missing the part where it sounded patronising in the slightest
    Yeah I never read it as patronising at all, it read to me like HSL were just asking for some input - I didn't read an ulterior motive in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yeah I never read it as patronising at all, it read to me like HSL were just asking for some input - I didn't read an ulterior motive in at all.
    I replied that I understood the earlier response to my very pertinent question. I hadn’t misunderstood anything.
    I found the last bit on another subsequent reply patronising. Just me though. Nowt for you to worry about Matty and I never once suggested an ulterior motive so Christ knows where you are getting that from. Unless it’s from the fellah before your post but I can’t read that as I’m ignoring him.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I replied that I understood the earlier response to my very pertinent question. I hadn’t misunderstood anything.
    I found the last bit on another subsequent reply patronising. Just me though. Nowt for you to worry about Matty and I never once suggested an ulterior motive so Christ knows where you are getting that from. Unless it’s from the fellah before your post but I can’t read that as I’m ignoring him.
    The ulterior motive would have been to patronise you, I was just making the point that I didn't think that was the intention of the post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The ulterior motive would have been to patronise you, I was just making the point that I didn't think that was the intention of the post at all.
    Fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I've mentioned this before. It's a difficult site to negotiate. Utterly confusing at times, certainly to those of us who need to protect the few brain cells we have left.
    Bangkok
    We have identified a problem with this and alerted our we developer, we are sorry about this.
    Would you mind sending a pm with your details.
    HSL