hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Do you mean .net making a contribution

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its 4 years since the Ponzi scheme nonsense was demonstrated to be crap.

In the intervening period there have been many statements and confirmations that all the money goes to the manager for the team.

Anyone saying otherwise hasnt had their eyes or ears open.
    Did you read the response that York received from HSL last year? I believe that response left plenty of doubt about where each penny was going. This has since been cleared up by the LD statement.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    All money raised from HSL goes directly to the managers playing budget.
    Yes, but does the investment into the playing budget from the club itself change based on how much money HSL inputs?

First Team Breakthrough
    SR Hibs no

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Yes, but does the investment into the playing budget from the club itself change based on how much money HSL inputs?
    HSL is a bonus in addition to the playing budget. Its not a substitution. I thoughtthat was fairly obvious.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Did you read the response that York received from HSL last year? I believe that response left plenty of doubt about where each penny was going. This has since been cleared up by the LD statement.
    What? the statement that "HSL give money to Hibs to use however they deem fit"?

That one?

Jesus Christ, if people are extrapolating that into some kind of negative then they need their heads examined.

As @tamig says above, it's been blatantly obvious since day one that the HSL money (a) dilutes Farmers shareholding and (b) gives us money to spend on players/salaries/coaches or whatever.

How this is broken down is a level of micromanagement that IDGAF about, frankly, as I trust the club.

HSL tweets and press releases since day one have alluded to the cash being used to bring in players like Mallan etc.

Anyone who doesn't "get this" is either stupid, or is deliberately missing the point......

Totally agree green day it is simple any money donated to Hsl goes one way or another towards the playing /team whatever way you call it just contribute how much you can afford it’s a great cause let’s back Hecky now so he can pick resign the best players for next season not just saying this but I really believe this guy can take us onto the next level Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Last year, there was talk that some HSL money had been used for player-related equipment. Whilst I have no problem with that, and I suspect most donors will be the same, could you clarify that?
    Cropley

We are not aware of this.

It is a matter of public record that in the last couple of years the Club has consistently increased it's spend on wages/transfer fees. While we are sure that increased gate money has helped this, all of our donations have also helped.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    What? the statement that "HSL give money to Hibs to use however they deem fit"?

That one?

Jesus Christ, if people are extrapolating that into some kind of negative then they need their heads examined.

As @tamig says above, it's been blatantly obvious since day one that the HSL money (a) dilutes Farmers shareholding and (b) gives us money to spend on players/salaries/coaches or whatever.

How this is broken down is a level of micromanagement that IDGAF about, frankly, as I trust the club.

HSL tweets and press releases since day one have alluded to the cash being used to bring in players like Mallan etc.

Anyone who doesn't "get this" is either stupid, or is deliberately missing the point......
    Green day

Couldn't agree more.

It is frustrating that a positive initiative, designed to simply get more money to our manager develops into a three page thread over things that have been clarified many times before.

Aberdeen and Hearts are our nearest rivals and their supporters are helping their Manager to spend more money on bringing in better players. We are hoping that our supporters want to do the same. Over 2000 HSL members can see this and have donated. Please spread the word to any other supporters who could manage.

Please note that while our current initiative is inviting a one off donation of £50, we would much rather have someone join us at £10 per month.

HSL

@hibs.net private member We done it Dad's Avatar
    Done I think.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    A lot comes down to semantics really.

Say HSL contribute £50k, and for argument's sake say Hibs have normal income of £1m, and costs (before player wages/transfer fees) of £0.5m, which leaves £0.5m of normal income for wages and transfer fees.

You could say that HSL's £50k goes on to the wages and fees budget and you have £550k available.

You could say that it's gone to a £50k cost included in the £0.5m normal operating costs, and the result would still be that there's £50k more available for transfer fees and wages than there would have been without the HSL money.

You could also say that the £50k goes straight to STF in the form of it making up part of the debt repayment to him, but the end result is the same - £50k more becomes available for wages and transfer fees.

I think it's too easy to get hung up on the exact wording but ultimately it's easy to see that more money in, through whatever route, means that Heckingbottom gets more to spend.

Hibs don't generally aim to run at a huge profit, there are no dividend payments to shareholders so there's no real benefit in syphoning off funds from the first team. Nobody is getting rich off Hibs, and certainly nobody is getting rich off HSL.

All that's happening with HSL is we, as a support, dilute STF and Petrie's ownership and increase the fan ownership, and at the same time raise much needed additional funds for the manager at a time when our rivals are enjoying a financial advantage over us.

It's a win/win situation - there's no downside to donating. It's very clear what you're paying into, it's very clear that the club we love benefits from the income, and we get to watch better players than we could otherwise, and at the same time secure the future of the football club.

@hibs.net private member
    Ok, I've done a one off donation of £225. I still had to fill in direct debit details. I assume that there will be no more debits since I chose the one off option.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    So is there a specific significance to the 50k then or just a round number to aim for?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haagsehibby View Post
    Ok, I've done a one off donation of £225. I still had to fill in direct debit details. I assume that there will be no more debits since I chose the one off option.
    Well done that man.
    GG

Left by mutual consent!
    Me too and still unsure about this but think I got an email at some point saying it's definitely a one off. Seems a complicated way to do things though.

Left by mutual consent!
    In fact looking at the £50 donation they are asking for here it seems another DD is required....AAaaarrgghh just so complicated. Or am I just an old fart who doesn't understand?

And when does the draw for the prize take place?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    In fact looking at the £50 donation they are asking for here it seems another DD is required....AAaaarrgghh just so complicated. Or am I just an old fart who doesn't understand?

And when does the draw for the prize take place?
    Not really, just click on the 'One off payment', once you have logged in!....... Job Done.

The single payment tab also has an option to make a one-off payment...

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

The DD you’ve set up will be used for any future one-off or regular payments you choose to make. Saves the hassle of having to enter card details every time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The DD you’ve set up will be used for any future one-off or regular payments you choose to make. Saves the hassle of having to enter card details every time.
    Cheers! Any idea if I will be included in the draw?

Cheers! Any idea if I will be included in the draw?
    Yes I think everybody who chipped in £50 in this latest initiative goes into the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

To make a donation please log in to your Mrmbers section on our web site.

Non members can also donate at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie
    After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

To make a donation please log in to your Mrmbers section on our web site.

Non members can also donate at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

James Adie

Chairman
    Dont know what else he can do so early on to persuade people to back him ive commited to a monthly fee come on the hibees!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I hope this turns into a successful appeal for HSL, the fact that its being issued at the time when folk are looking for cash to renew their season tickets says to me that it probably wont be. I would love to ante up fifty quid for this, but it aint happening for that reason.

Besides, I feel that as things stand they would be far better served upping their efforts to attract regular contributors and promoting the idea that the aim is to attract folk who will continue to put money in after HSL stop being a share buying entity, which is what I'm fully committed to doing, rather than have one off appeals like this one.

That's not me being negative, just realistic, sorry guys
    Nae Nookie
    We know you are not being negative as you are always supportive of HSL.
    We agree with you and would welcome more regular contributors at £10pm
    We hope every Hibs supporter does what they can and we will accommodate any amount just to have them on board. HSL should be open to all.

We think we have a good management Team here so please let’s get behind them.
    www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Scott

We are sorry to hear this. As far as we are aware we are up to date with emails ( we don't really get many ). Would you mind trying again and also please send a pm with your details.

HSL
    PM sent on the 30th March, an email sent the same day plus my 2 emails sent previously to that. 2-3 months subscription lost because no-one can answer a simply query about changing my postal address and DD date on the system?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Nae Nookie
    We know you are not being negative as you are always supportive of HSL.
    We agree with you and would welcome more regular contributors at £10pm
    We hope every Hibs supporter does what they can and we will accommodate any amount just to have them on board. HSL should be open to all.

We think we have a good management Team here so please let’s get behind them.
    www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL
    Probably already been asked, but are us perpetual contributors being included in the draw? I’ve been pitching £30pm for years now.

I've just restarted my monthly donations

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Probably already been asked, but are us perpetual contributors being included in the draw? I’ve been pitching £30pm for years now.
    Iggy
    You make a good point. The short answer is no as we are trying to raise additional funds.

Having said this we do want to recognise donators like yourself who contribute every month. What do you think we should do ?

HSL

Iggy
    You make a good point. The short answer is no as we are trying to raise additional funds.

Having said this we do want to recognise donators like yourself who contribute every month. What do you think we should do ?

HSL
    Monthly prize draws for regular contributors.

Could hibs supporting businesses be asked to donate prizes plus the club themselves offering up some gifts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Could HSL not have a monthly prize draw - for example £500 to try to encourage new members / reward existing subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    Could HSL not have a monthly prize draw - for example £500 to try to encourage new members / reward existing subscribers?
    I don't want anything back for my (fairly modest) monthly donation to the cause. To take back £500 from the monthly total would be a bit daft to me.

That's me made the donation asked for. Intend to be a full member before the start of next season.